The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Ok, here’s everything wrong with this episode, and generally, this season

- Bernard losing his memory. A cheap plot trick to make things more mysterious than they actually are.
- Dolores turning into Charlotte hale. This was the cheesiest, corniest moment in the shows histry. When Charlotte hale said “in the flesh”, I cringed. Also, Charlotte Hale’s acting as Delores was horrible and forced
- Maeve, the Indians, and all the other random robots who made it through the gateway. Does anyone give a fukk about whether these “people “ are happy or not. This was clearly meant to be a big emotional scene, but the show hasn’t convinced anyone why we should care about the random hosts outside of a handful that they’ve developed as characters. I don’t care about Maeve’s daughter or Maeve’s “sacrifice” because she can clearly be brought back to life (they are not going to kick thandie newton off this show)
- the MIB and his daughter “is he a robot” storyline. We went through this with Bernard already, second time around it’s not that interesting. Also, the reveal about his wife killing herself was unsurprising, forced, and mundane. Oh she found out he’s a monster and couldn’t take it, what a shock!

Generally, the show suffers from having a great concept in the first season, which really could stand on its own, and then having nowhere interesting to go after the hosts are awake. Now what, the robots make an army and try to take over the world? Lmao. This is the matrix vs the sequels

I won’t be coming back for season 3. Fortunately most coli posters don’t pay for this shyt, but if you do, kill youelf for paying for this reskinned repackaged GOT made by Jews to give HBO another prestige drama
Definitely fish dapping. Go watch CSI it’s your level. Simple.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I love this show but this waz too much. All this confusion is turning critics against the show

And yes, critical acclaim does matter a lot to HBO.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
How is it far into the future when humans algorithm has already been discovered? They didnt need to take that long to calibrate a human. It's just contradicting everything Control Logan said.
Ford had the algorithm (now presumably Dolores) , not Delos, they only had bits and pieces of it, which is why they were trying to smuggle all that data out through Abernathy.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely fish dapping. Go watch CSI it’s your level. Simple.
How is it dap fishing when everyone here likes this shifty show?

Lol at thinking watching this trash makes you some kind of intelligent viewer. It’s precisely that attitude which makes these Jews so much money off recycled products

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love this show but this waz too much. All this confusion is turning critics against the show

And yes, critical acclaim does matter a lot to HBO.
The ratings were not good this season. I guarantee hbo will want to retool. This is not the wire, it’s a huge investment and is supposed to be the flagship. And has huge names attached to it. The ratings speak for themselves, most people tuned out of this season

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You cannot absolutely know about that. As I said before, everything maybe a virtual reality. You cannot absolutely say that's the future. That could of been a flashback and everything since then was a loop. There's too many instances where it was stated that this isn't the first time a host doing this before. The big statement in the finale was that humans cannot change. I even posted the BEHIND THE SCENES where the actress that plays his daughter that he's doing it repeatedly over and over again. When she asked if he knew where he was, he stated still in the park which he was clearly was not. In his mind it was. And he does not know how long he been in the "park" to which we never seen him outside of flashbacks outside the park at present time. If he died, when or how did he die? There is unknown, the same way as to when that after credit scene was performed. It could be very well simultaneous with Delos.

I'm guessing everything in MIB's storyline is simulation reenactment, but the pivotal events actually occurred during the original timeline. No matter how many different paths he travels, it ends up in him killing his daughter. Thanks to the Delos/Logan explanation earlier in the finale, we're lead to believe that yes MIB killed his daughter in real life.

And lastly, what does it have to do with "the door"? Why would Ford would mention the DOOR to a purely HUMAN William. The door wouldn't be for him, he wouldn't even SEE the door if he was human. It would be moot point. William was already dead the entire time and was a test subject. That scene could be from the future, but that'll be inconsistent with everything that went down. It could be likely a flashback being that it was stated the number of times it happened. If his daughter was dead in the finale for real., then there was no reason for anyone else to make a hybrid of her just to test a hybrid of her father in the far future. That doesn't make a lot of sense either. It makes more that it was prior to everything that went down, and when the massacre happened, she went to seek for him to take him away.

MIB hallucinating Ford throughout his journey could've been a product of the simulation or his memory, similar to how Bernard imagined Ford to excuse the "evil" he was about to engage in.

An Emily host could've been purposed to make MIB snap out of his delusions and back to "reality," whatever that is. There's no reason yet to believe she's a hybrid instead of a host made to look and sound like her. She didn't even call him "Dad" which she's done throughout the entire season. The question is whos behind creating host Emily and running MIB through various simulations? And why?

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Oh wow!!!!

Oh My Gaaaaaaard!!!

What a finale. It was so intense with so many twists and turns and emotions that I started having a nosebleed midway through.

I have no idea what was going on but it was immense :wow:

The best tv show I’ve ever seen :wow:

I’ll need to watch this finale about 7 more times to fully grasp how everything wrapped up. I’m even considering whether I’m a host my damn self :wow:

Fidelity!!!

Oh wow

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Episode was dope up until they revealed Delores as Hale then it went off the rails quick fast. This finale was the definition of trying to do too much. Towards the end it felt like Damon Lindelof wrote it.

Fred.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Episode was dope up until they revealed Delores as Hale then it went off the rails quick fast. This finale was the definition of trying to do too much. Towards the end it felt like Damon Lindelof wrote it.

Fred.
A Lindelof ending would be inexplicable and ambiguous. Nothing about the ending was ambiguous. Dolores escaped the park and went to Arnold's house in the real world.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A Lindelof ending would be inexplicable and ambiguous. Nothing about the ending was ambiguous. Dolores escaped the park and went to Arnold's house in the real world.

You got people in here that can't even agree on when the after credits scene took place, or what it means....so :dead: at "it's not ambiguous"....you got half the major critics, even ones that praised this season, asking "what the fukk did I just watch?"

So yeah. They took a great, complex story, and OD'ed with it.

Fred.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
You got people in here that can't even agree on when the after credits scene took place, or what it means....so :dead: at "it's not ambiguous"....you got half the major critics, even ones that praised this season, asking "what the fukk did I just watch?"

So yeah. They took a great, complex story, and OD'ed with it.

Fred.
There really isn't any ambiguity with when the end credit scene takes place, it's sometime in the future. That's all we know. Is someone in this thread in disagreement on that? Yeah the show is mindfukk, it's been that way since season 1. The finale threw a lot of stuff at the viewer, I'm going to watch it again tonight but it's pretty clear to me, it certainly is Nothing like the leftovers who literally answered almost nothing & left the ending completely ambiguous. They wrapped up every plot line and gave you a glimpse into stuff that will be in S3.