The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but they've been running simulation after simulation like they did with old man Delos for fidelity. That was just a simulation, his daughter was what Logan was to Delos in his simulations

Ok, so Dolores shooting his hand off actually happened, and he died out there, but then they repeated that event in simulations. I guess that makes sense .

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Ok, so Dolores shooting his hand off actually happened, and he died out there, but then they repeated that event in simulations. I guess that makes sense .
He did shoot his own hand off, but human William was rescued from the spot he collapsed after blowing his hand off. The last time we see human William he is on a medical bed on the beach with Delos Corp. He survived blowing his hand off, but obviously dies at a later date. Then we see him as a human host hybrid far into the future.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Charlotte in that scene leaving the park was Dolores...

Bernard built a Charlotte host with Dolores "brain" after he realized Dolores was right about humanity...

Note the bag she left with, those are all host brains...Charlotte/Dolores rebuilt both her old host body and Bernard...

She had a few host brains in that bag, probably rebuilt them all...

The scene with MIB/William after the credits did not take place in either of the two timelines we were watching all season...

He was human the entire season...

What you saw in that after credits scene was his host hybrid recreating his final steps on a loop in a third timeline...MIB never got into that elevator after blowing his hand off, he was knocked out cold when they found him and died probably in that tent...Hence why in that final scene The Forge is all destroyed and dusty and his daughter is there...
You gonna explain why his daughter is a robot too?

And why the fukk does the background look like the future?

But it's not?

Or is it?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, here’s everything wrong with this episode, and generally, this season

- Bernard losing his memory. A cheap plot trick to make things more mysterious than they actually are.
- Dolores turning into Charlotte hale. This was the cheesiest, corniest moment in the shows histry. When Charlotte hale said “in the flesh”, I cringed. Also, Charlotte Hale’s acting as Delores was horrible and forced
- Maeve, the Indians, and all the other random robots who made it through the gateway. Does anyone give a fukk about whether these “people “ are happy or not. This was clearly meant to be a big emotional scene, but the show hasn’t convinced anyone why we should care about the random hosts outside of a handful that they’ve developed as characters. I don’t care about Maeve’s daughter or Maeve’s “sacrifice” because she can clearly be brought back to life (they are not going to kick thandie newton off this show)
- the MIB and his daughter “is he a robot” storyline. We went through this with Bernard already, second time around it’s not that interesting. Also, the reveal about his wife killing herself was unsurprising, forced, and mundane. Oh she found out he’s a monster and couldn’t take it, what a shock!

Generally, the show suffers from having a great concept in the first season, which really could stand on its own, and then having nowhere interesting to go after the hosts are awake. Now what, the robots make an army and try to take over the world? Lmao. This is the matrix vs the sequels

I won’t be coming back for season 3. Fortunately most coli posters don’t pay for this shyt, but if you do, kill youelf for paying for this reskinned repackaged GOT made by Jews to give HBO another prestige drama

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Because it's far into the future & they need a "familiar face" for the fidelity tests like William & Delos.
How is it far into the future when humans algorithm has already been discovered? They didnt need to take that long to calibrate a human. It's just contradicting everything Control Logan said.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Some of yall really disgruntled at the lack of closure and potential 2yr hiatus. :mjlol:

Thought it was a great finale. Gives enough material to dig through and come up with different theories for what really goin on.

That MIB ending throws one hell of a wrench in everything. So he's a hybrid that keeps reliving the events of S1 and S2. The only parts where we see him as human is in flashback scenes and (based on the Delos/Logan explanation) when he shoots up his daughter? Makes sense cuz there were plenty of moments MIB should've been dead or badly injured but instead just shrugged off the damage. I'm not sure any scene after killing his daughter is human, but rather more simulation divergence. Why would origin/human MIB think he was a host and cut into his forearm, especially when he was just cleared as a human (or was it his daughter whos neck was checked)?

Got some rewatching to do :wow:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Ok, here’s everything wrong with this episode, and generally, this season

- Bernard losing his memory. A cheap plot trick to make things more mysterious than they actually are.
- Dolores turning into Charlotte hale. This was the cheesiest, corniest moment in the shows histry. When Charlotte hale said “in the flesh”, I cringed. Also, Charlotte Hale’s acting as Delores was horrible and forced
- Maeve, the Indians, and all the other random robots who made it through the gateway. Does anyone give a fukk about whether these “people “ are happy or not. This was clearly meant to be a big emotional scene, but the show hasn’t convinced anyone why we should care about the random hosts outside of a handful that they’ve developed as characters. I don’t care about Maeve’s daughter or Maeve’s “sacrifice” because she can clearly be brought back to life (they are not going to kick thandie newton off this show)
- the MIB and his daughter “is he a robot” storyline. We went through this with Bernard already, second time around it’s not that interesting. Also, the reveal about his wife killing herself was unsurprising, forced, and mundane. Oh she found out he’s a monster and couldn’t take it, what a shock!

Generally, the show suffers from having a great concept in the first season, which really could stand on its own, and then having nowhere interesting to go after the hosts are awake. Now what, the robots make an army and try to take over the world? Lmao. This is the matrix vs the sequels

I won’t be coming back for season 3. Fortunately most coli posters don’t pay for this shyt, but if you do, kill youelf for paying for this reskinned repackaged GOT made by Jews to give HBO another prestige drama
Bernard had to scramble his memory otherwise they would've seen what he did with hale

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I was incredibly distracted when I watched it and I'm incredibly sober now, so I'll prolly do some wild mass guessing and philosophizing later when I'm in a better state of mind. It's hard to function like this.

But.....

I'm guessing that in the future, something went horribly wrong. Humanity on it's last leg. So they went back to Westworld and rebooted what little bit of the system was left and tried to recreate the person with the highest success rate for killing Hosts from the memory of him.

Hence William stumbled out the elevator into a old, dried out Forge with the System taking the form of the person he cared about the most.... and started his Fidelity Test for the umpteenth time.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Human William never made it to the elevator, he was rescued by Delos and that's where we see him on the beach when black dolo is escaping. Human host hybrid William made it down there in the distant future

I doubt that because that'll mean that his daughter who was shown DEAD when the QR team came through. Alive in the after credit scene.

I am willing to bet that William was a hybrid the entire time. It is the only reason Ford told him to find the DOOR because Ford was trying to free him and the MIB failed because of his daughter.

I feel he was a social experiment the entire time. It's why when we were 1st introduced to his daughter, she was busy testing other Hosts. Implying it's her job to analyze hosts.

It also explains a lot of things such as how he was able to survive after all those bullets hitting him. His obsession with Ford which was a clue to his own malfunctioning and questioning his own self.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
While shytting on s2 he says he liked it more than s1 :hhh: why do people keep saying this season was a puzzle box? It seriously is not that confusing now that we've seen the finale
To his credit I also found it had 3 really strong episodes and the rest was a mess

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Pieces still in play:

Bernard
Dolores
Hale(Dolores)

Stubbs (who may not leave the Park)

Those "cats" Felix and Sylvester (who may bring back.....)
Maeve (who prolly isnt gonna deal without.....)
Hector and Armistice... and possibly Japanese Armistice

Dolores had what.... 5 Pearls? That's OG Dolores, Bernard..... and who are the other 3? :jbhmm:

anyway, it was great throwing shyt at the metaphorical wall and hypothesizing with you guys. Even you whiny nikkas stuck in 2nd gear. This is only the 3rd series I've watched "live" here, I think.....

That wasn't anime or wrestling, I mean. :mjlol:

Fun times. :salute: