The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Saw it yesterday afternoon

White people in the theater cried at the end during the montage.

Kudos to Spike for the references that he made to current political rhetoric throughout the movie

There are parts of it that are a little shaky, and to be fair, I struggled with standing behind the protagonist.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island

Dk1VtZvVsAASusC.jpg

Dk1V4mzUcAA4fq6.jpg

Dk1V5ecVAAAQBwL.jpg

:scust:

This ninja really rolled out an iOS press release?

Don't at all agree with his "assessments". Nothing about this movie made 5-0 look like heroes or sympathetic. It's really stunning that was his takeaway

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Don't at all agree with his "assessments". Nothing about this movie made 5-0 look like heroes or sympathetic. It's really stunning that was his takeaway
Smart dumb opinion by Boots

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA

I thought that was corny as fukk, his "rollout". Real attention seeking, hoe ass shyt.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Film was DOPE
And the ending :wow:
I didn't know how beautiful Laura Harrier is :ohlawd:
Wife that up in a minute :lawd:
I haven't seen many movies this year, but I left the theater really thinking this was my movie of the year so far, then I remembered Black Panther dropped this year :banderas: what a time to be alive brehs :blessed:
I got into an argument with a twitter feminist who was mad Spike cast Lauren Harrier cause she's apparently a biracial. I was like, :ohhh:, sis is biracial? I can see it now, but she could never, ever pass as a White woman like Meghan Markle, Lauren looks like plenty of Black women that come from two Black parents. But the feminist was like "hell, nah, she's not dark-skinned (enough) and her Afro wig is fake!"
Laura Harrier

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
I got into an argument with a twitter feminist who was mad Spike cast Lauren Harrier cause she's apparently a biracial. I was like, :ohhh:, sis is biracial? I can see it now, but she could never, ever pass as a White woman like Meghan Markle, Lauren looks like plenty of Black women that come from two Black parents. But the feminist was like "hell, nah, she's not dark-skinned (enough) and her Afro wig is fake!"
Laura Harrier
Light nikka, dark nikka, faux nikka, real nikka
Rich nikka, poor nikka, house nikka, field nikka
Still nikka, still nikka
:yeshrug:

Hov top 5 :wow:

As long as everyone is getting equal opportunities light skinned, dark skinned, 100% African, 80% African, biracial, whatever, I don't care. We're all in this together :manny: I never fw those arguments, find it just divisive and hateful

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Laura Harrier
Did you tell her Angela Davis is light skinned what the f

Anyway my review, tonally the movie seemed off from the very beginning and it stayed until the gift wrap ending. I can't put my finger on, it just did. Ultimately, I'll give this a high matinee

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
When Felix goes to the white undercover "Show me your dikk... are you circumstanced?!"

:russ:
Still aint better than that's my foot right there in this movie

That is going to be line of the year

Daps
Saw this just now

Wasnt really feeling it, wasnt much of a plot, wasnt much of a character study, wasnt much of anything really. Even the dialogue lacked nuance, you can say c00n and then use a rodent as a metaphor to illustrate a point. But they would speak using every epithet in just one sentence, felt forced as fuk.

I couldnt get emotionally invested into anything but the birth of a nation part+kwame's speech and even that was ruined by the bohemian rhapsody effect that was fine at 1st then overused. Congrats to spike for getting a character to say k#%$ on screen in 2018.
John david washington looked meh in the trailer and his potrayal did nothing to change that adam driver was good tho. It is spike's best film since inside man by default (because i felt his offerings between that time was offensively bad).

The part at the end with the racist cop gets arrested was not only an insult to the audience intelligence but really corny.A real missed opportunity here, spike use to be a lot better at tackling these subjects, shame.

Last edited:
Daps
spike lee is compromised, unfortunately
This, hadnt read through this thread till after i posted my review. Cant believe ppl were feeling this, felt like spike gave the script to a white guy to make it more palatable for the masses

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: NZA