The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was just okay. It actually took me 3 attempts over the past few weeks to get through. that first hour was pretty rough.

2nd hour was much more entertaining, and the ending was powerful, however I'm not sure it was earned as just moments before the movie felt more comedic.

I thought the score was dope. And the classic spike lee dolly shot was dope but felt out of place and almost wasted.

For me it's my 3rd after Blindspotting and The Hate U Give as far as race related movies for this year

:mjpls:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
My girl thinks the KKK member they zoomed in at the end was the White dude who went undercover, thoughts? I didnt feel that way.

Are you talking about the Jewish cop? Nah breh.

Also because the KKK member had blue eyes and the Jewish cop has brown eyes.

So I finally watched this movie and here are my thoughts.
I avoided this movie for a long time, because I don't like to watch movies on racial shyt. There is enough racial shyt we have to deal with on a day to day basis so I want to entertained when I go to the movies, so I don't want to hear the N word or other racial slurs. This is how I feel, your opinions might be different. :manny:

As far as the movie, it was ok, the story was interesting but the movie could have been shorter.

John David Washington is actually a good actor in this but could have been better.

Ol'girl was terrible, they should have cast a full black girl for that role (:mjdrinking:smile:

This movie made me feel uncomfortable and honestly I don't like being uncomfortable.

This is a somewhat serious movie about a serious subject (white terrorist organization, racism) but then there was this comedic moments which I don't think were appropriate.

Spike knew what he was doing when he put that imaginary Jewish cop in the story, got to appease the Jewish overlords to make sure to get funding for the movie.

Why the fukk was that Italian guy who is in every fukken Spike Lee movie part of the KKK? I thought that was so unrealistic. He even had a New York accent too. :mindblown:

And the Jewish fakkit that posts here trying to make it all about the fukken Jews, how many Jews were lynched by the KKK?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Are you talking about the Jewish cop? Nah breh.

Also because the KKK member had blue eyes and the Jewish cop has brown eyes.

So I finally watched this movie and here are my thoughts.
I avoided this movie for a long time, because I don't like to watch movies on racial shyt. There is enough racial shyt we have to deal with on a day to day basis so I want to entertained when I go to the movies, so I don't want to hear the N word or other racial slurs. This is how I feel, your opinions might be different. :manny:

As far as the movie, it was ok, the story was interesting but the movie could have been shorter.

John David Washington is actually a good actor in this but could have been better.

Ol'girl was terrible, they should have cast a full black girl for that role (:mjdrinking:smile:

This movie made me feel uncomfortable and honestly I don't like being uncomfortable.

This is a somewhat serious movie about a serious subject (white terrorist organization, racism) but then there was this comedic moments which I don't think were appropriate.

Spike knew what he was doing when he put that imaginary Jewish cop in the story, got to appease the Jewish overlords to make sure to get funding for the movie.

Why the fukk was that Italian guy who is in every fukken Spike Lee movie part of the KKK? I thought that was so unrealistic. He even had a New York accent too. :mindblown:

And the Jewish fakkit that posts here trying to make it all about the fukken Jews, how many Jews were lynched by the KKK?
The whole point of putting that guy in there that was white white was to show the Klan as idiots. Having the lite bright in the movie was a homage to Angela Davis.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I thought it was just okay. It actually took me 3 attempts over the past few weeks to get through. that first hour was pretty rough.

2nd hour was much more entertaining, and the ending was powerful, however I'm not sure it was earned as just moments before the movie felt more comedic.

I thought the score was dope. And the classic spike lee dolly shot was dope but felt out of place and almost wasted.

For me it's my 3rd after Blindspotting and The Hate U Give as far as race related movies for this year

:mjpls:
The only thing that bothers me more than your shyt taste right here is the fact it also took you this goddamn long to watch this.:hhh:

@MartyMcFly come get your man!

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
The whole point of putting that guy in there that was white white was to show the Klan as idiots. Having the lite bright in the movie was a homage to Angela Davis.

I mean a random Italian guy but an Italian guy from NY though especially that actor??

I am embarrassed to admit I knew nothing about that lynching. OMFG. :mjcry:

Slate’s Use of Your Data

White people are fukken demons.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Good film but I just couldn't get over one thing. If the KKK dudes can't tell the difference between the voices why wouldn't you have Flip just make the phone calls and be there in real life? That eliminates the problem with them having to remember everything they say or do so to tell the other and that almost got Flip in trouble. I know this movie is based on real life but I couldn't get over how dumb it was.