The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Are you talking about the Jewish cop? Nah breh.

Also because the KKK member had blue eyes and the Jewish cop has brown eyes.

So I finally watched this movie and here are my thoughts.
I avoided this movie for a long time, because I don't like to watch movies on racial shyt. There is enough racial shyt we have to deal with on a day to day basis so I want to entertained when I go to the movies, so I don't want to hear the N word or other racial slurs. This is how I feel, your opinions might be different. :manny:

As far as the movie, it was ok, the story was interesting but the movie could have been shorter.

John David Washington is actually a good actor in this but could have been better.

Ol'girl was terrible, they should have cast a full black girl for that role (:mjdrinking:smile:

This movie made me feel uncomfortable and honestly I don't like being uncomfortable.

This is a somewhat serious movie about a serious subject (white terrorist organization, racism) but then there was this comedic moments which I don't think were appropriate.

Spike knew what he was doing when he put that imaginary Jewish cop in the story, got to appease the Jewish overlords to make sure to get funding for the movie.

Why the fukk was that Italian guy who is in every fukken Spike Lee movie part of the KKK? I thought that was so unrealistic. He even had a New York accent too. :mindblown:

And the Jewish fakkit that posts here trying to make it all about the fukken Jews, how many Jews were lynched by the KKK?
a lot. maybe not as much as the black man, women and child, but they were getting that work from the kkk,

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was just okay. It actually took me 3 attempts over the past few weeks to get through. that first hour was pretty rough.

2nd hour was much more entertaining, and the ending was powerful, however I'm not sure it was earned as just moments before the movie felt more comedic.

I thought the score was dope. And the classic spike lee dolly shot was dope but felt out of place and almost wasted.

For me it's my 3rd after Blindspotting and The Hate U Give as far as race related movies for this year

:mjpls:
I saw this in theaters. I can assure you the dichotomy of the dark comedic elements of this movie was a perfect juxtaposition for the end and credits. My entire theater was silent and people were sobbing. It felt as a reminder that yeah, you just watched a funny entertaining movie but this is real life.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Just saw this on hbo. Wasnt as good as I thought it would be

it was ok. not great.
the shyt at the end with the white woman who got hit by a car was a little offputting to me, i'd rather have seen the real Ron Stallsworth instead of her
I’m glad folks are being objective. I love Spike Lee for his contributions but that film was uselessly long and the ending was not needed.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I’m glad folks are being objective. I love Spike Lee for his contributions but that film was uselessly long and the ending was not needed.
yeah if the current footage played under the credits it wouldnt have seemed as outta place to me.
One of the main gripes i had with the film which was a large part in it was the lack of trying to make Ron and Flip actually sound the same. They were too far off even after that scene where Ron was coaching him he was coaching him how to speak more black.Flip voice was too far off in my opinion.
I did like the parallels between their characters and their identities with Ron's black cop crisis and Flip's crisis of being white and jewish.
John David did pretty well in his 1st starring role tho.
It wasn't a bad movie, wasn't an amazing movie. Just good and that's OK

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Denzel son was overrated too.

Spike still does those lil camera zooms and those lil pauses during Harry Belofonte scenes. Shyt is annoying.

From what I saw of Green Book, it was the better movie :hubie:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Yo Im kinda disgusted watching this movie.
I don't even really feel like the movie was about the undercover blackklansmen but about infiltration and subversion. I especially focused on how the undercover white cop is able to blend in successfully with the other whites, and he can easily befriend the black cop....who is he really? what does he represent really? And what is this movie really saying

It feels like the film is a psyop against black people by liberal and isitrealie hollywood. Its too make us side with democrats and to look down upon nationalism by depicting how uncooth racist white nationalism is, while also denigrating black nationalism with its depiction of the panthers as plotting some violent revolution, though most of our movements were non-violent.

It really seems the film allowed them to make fun of black people and white people and how easily manipulated they are. But it was especially allowed to make incredibly racist jokes about black folks. Thats how cunning the liberal and co. are, they can give you entertainment and slyly disrespect us to our face; it is in tune with their sly nature.

And really they show charlottesville in the end to show you their manipulation works.

ASIDE: can anyone tell me how many times the K word was used in this movie?

Last edited: