The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

Daps
Curtis sc00n hates on any black man able to get anything on a big screen because he’s been unable to do so, and will continue to be unable to do so. He’s only good for twitter rants and filing lawsuits. Guys like him and Boots Riley going out of their way to hate on a movie show exactly what Ron Stallworth was talking about.

I thought it was a great movie. John David Washington really is coming into his own. Once again Spike needed a Washington to pull him out the fire like 50 said :mjlol:

Spike is great when you keep him in a box and don’t give him the freedom to veer off into anything weird or perverted. When he’s given source material, there’s not much better than him behind the camera.

When he’s writing the stuff and has full creative control (not talking about Do The Right Thing era but more like Chiraq, Red Hook Summer, Da Sweet Blood of Jesus) that’s when he’s pretty much terrible.

I’m glad Spike got this W. No dry spots in the movie, didn’t feel like 2 hours at all

I am questioning why I even researched that guy because that Twitter account is seriously ankh-right, rambling bullshyt. I really had to close the tab before I even managed to see the BlacKkKlansman Tweets because the Tweet about Lebron James opening the school because white liberals want him to "race-bait" or whatever other bullshyt, among other things, verges on Alex Jones territory. How are posters even aware of who that conspiracy nut job is?

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
Tha

Dk1VtZvVsAASusC.jpg

Dk1V4mzUcAA4fq6.jpg

Dk1V5ecVAAAQBwL.jpg

Thank you....fukk that movie and fukk spike lee....

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I am questioning why I even researched that guy because that Twitter account is seriously ankh-right, rambling bullshyt. I really had to close the tab before I even managed to see the BlacKkKlansman Tweets because the Tweet about Lebron James opening the school because white liberals want him to "race-bait" or whatever other bullshyt, among other things, verges on Alex Jones territory. How are posters even aware of who that conspiracy nut job is?

Ftom what i recall he became known on here thru his stories about rappers and street cats from the 80s and 90s....but mainly the stuff he's said about Pac. And also he was a suspect in the Jam Master Jay murder... apparently Jay owed him money.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Great movie .Knew Washington would Deliver since he’s a standout on Ballers. Adam Driver’s a pretty solid actor in everything I’ve seen him in and the chick from Spider-Man was fine as hell.

One of Spikes best movies in who knows how long. Thought it could have ended after final act/ the cop in the diner scene . But the ending was needed and nearly put a tear in my eye, not gonna lie.

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Came out today in the UK. Caught the first screening of the day at 14:40. I'd say it was roughly 70% full.

Great movie. I thought spike did an excellent job of inserting comedy without diluting the seriousness of the topic at hand.