The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Thought it was a pretty good movie, but like something was missing. It's like they didn't delve as deep as they could have about things.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Thought his movie was only ok. Denzel's son brings it down for me I do not think he is a good actor. I dont think Spike has made a really good movie since Inside Man. Having said that I hope it wins every award it's nominated for.

Yeah, that's how I felt too. I'm surprised how strong the buzz was here and elsewhere. Not that it was a bad movie, it just wasn't special. Too many of the plot points and scenes felt forced rather than natural.

Good film but I just couldn't get over one thing. If the KKK dudes can't tell the difference between the voices why wouldn't you have Flip just make the phone calls and be there in real life? That eliminates the problem with them having to remember everything they say or do so to tell the other and that almost got Flip in trouble. I know this movie is based on real life but I couldn't get over how dumb it was.

I think everyone would think that naturally but in real life cops aren't interchangeable like that. Ron Stallworth made it his mission to get into the KKK and some other random cop isn't going to turn his job into a KKK infiltration mission even if he might be willing to help out every now and then. Also, it's possible that Ron was a lot more charismatic and good at working them on the phones so he got deeper into their confidence and exposed more than the white cop would have.