The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
To my surprise there were so MANY WHITE PEOPLE in the theater, laughing their ass off, but got death quiet during the final scenes.... but I digress.....
It was the opposite for me. Granted I didn’t see it in a full theater, but the white folks seemed scared and acted like they didn’t wanna laugh at certain parts, but I was cracking up when he (over the phone) and his partner (in person) were pretending to be racists.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Curtis Sc00n is on twitter shytting all over this movie. Its interesting how he thinks Spike is washed up, but he made sure to see the movie day 1. Ive never heard that man say anything positive about any Black artist.
Curtis sc00n hates on any black man able to get anything on a big screen because he’s been unable to do so, and will continue to be unable to do so. He’s only good for twitter rants and filing lawsuits. Guys like him and Boots Riley going out of their way to hate on a movie show exactly what Ron Stallworth was talking about.

I thought it was a great movie. John David Washington really is coming into his own. Once again Spike needed a Washington to pull him out the fire like 50 said :mjlol:

Spike is great when you keep him in a box and don’t give him the freedom to veer off into anything weird or perverted. When he’s given source material, there’s not much better than him behind the camera.

When he’s writing the stuff and has full creative control (not talking about Do The Right Thing era but more like Chiraq, Red Hook Summer, Da Sweet Blood of Jesus) that’s when he’s pretty much terrible.

I’m glad Spike got this W. No dry spots in the movie, didn’t feel like 2 hours at all

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing it, I knew this board would catch a few things that had me scratching my head. The Italian guy in particular, who stuck out pretty bad, NY accent and all. I read a piece years ago, knocking Spike for this in his films. Starting with Do The Right Thing, to Jungle Fever, to He Got Game - Spike puts Italian characters in a light. This one kind of cemented that for me.

Other than that, this was a classic piece of film making. The kind we know Spike can do, but for some reason chooses to deviate from. The ending left the entire audience quiet.

Maybe his experience is Italian Americans are just urban hillbillies.

Chris Rock said when he was bused to white schools, the Italian and Irish kids were the worst. The only kids that treated him well were Jewish kids.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This may be true but spike isn't looking thru the lense of ithe kkk for the most part..

Do The Riight Thing was heavily influenced by the 1980s Howard Beach incident where an Italiian mob beat a group of black men and murdered one of them. Spike hasnt forgotten any of that so it's not surprising to me that he included a "ethnic" looking new york italian in with the kkk....

Yep its a head nod like the asian in get out.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Dk1VtZvVsAASusC.jpg

Dk1V4mzUcAA4fq6.jpg

Dk1V5ecVAAAQBwL.jpg

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Curtis sc00n hates on any black man able to get anything on a big screen because he’s been unable to do so, and will continue to be unable to do so. He’s only good for twitter rants and filing lawsuits. Guys like him and Boots Riley going out of their way to hate on a movie show exactly what Ron Stallworth was talking about.

I thought it was a great movie. John David Washington really is coming into his own. Once again Spike needed a Washington to pull him out the fire like 50 said :mjlol:

Spike is great when you keep him in a box and don’t give him the freedom to veer off into anything weird or perverted. When he’s given source material, there’s not much better than him behind the camera.

When he’s writing the stuff and has full creative control (not talking about Do The Right Thing era but more like Chiraq, Red Hook Summer, Da Sweet Blood of Jesus) that’s when he’s pretty much terrible.

I’m glad Spike got this W. No dry spots in the movie, didn’t feel like 2 hours at all

Didn't see Chiraq or Sweet Blood of Jesus, but I thought Red Hook Summer was aight. :yeshrug:

I get what you are saying. That is why his documentaries are so strong (4 little girls, When the levees broke).

As opposed to something like She Hate Me (which I thought was aight, but definitely a little too out there for most people :lolbron:). I f*cks with Spike's weird sh*t like She Hate Me and Girl 6. :pachaha: