The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

Daps
Saw it last night. Great movie. :wow:

Might go see it again this weekend. :ehh:

My girl thinks the KKK member they zoomed in at the end was the White dude who went undercover, thoughts? I didnt feel that way.

No way. Nothing about this movie is that level of subtly. Y'all looking for something that's not there.

Most whites think we all look the same, I was surprised the clansman didn’t notice breh

Yea this was the one area I felt they bumbled. I was ok with Felix not recognizing Black Ron when he showed up to the security detail since they think all blacks look alike, but he recognized Patrice immediately with just a 5 second look having only seen her in a black/white newspaper prior to that. Then I was like, maybe it's just the dark glasses Black Ron had on that threw him off. But then there was no "ahh ha" moment where he realized he was the same black cop. He just mentioned to the I-talian after he mentions he knew White Ron was really a cop.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I was surprised my theater had it being that it is in the mall and area pretty much owned by Trump's biggest fanboy, Jerry Falwell jr
It's being shown in my theater now. I guess the strong opening weekend change their mind.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I read something about the Klansman at the end, at the cross burning, I can't, at all, see any basis for that either.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:francis:I thought my theater wouldn't show this either, but they did, although the box office woman didn't even know what this movie was or that it was even playing. Well, at least I had an empty theater all to myself.

Yeah, I thought it was in reference to the old "all whites think we look alike" rhetoric which is why he didn't recognize black Ron at all. If I had a dollar for everytime a white person didn't remember me after meeting/talking to me a short time prior or just flat out confusing me for other people, I'd be a rich man.

Saw it last night. Great movie. :wow:

Might go see it again this weekend. :ehh:

No way. Nothing about this movie is that level of subtly. Y'all looking for something that's not there.

Yea this was the one area I felt they bumbled. I was ok with Felix not recognizing Black Ron when he showed up to the security detail since they think all blacks look alike, but he recognized Patrice immediately with just a 5 second look having only seen her in a black/white newspaper prior to that. Then I was like, maybe it's just the dark glasses Black Ron had on that threw him off. But then there was no "ahh ha" moment where he realized he was the same black cop. He just mentioned to the I-talian after he mentions he knew White Ron was really a cop.
naw he noticed him, he said how flip the cop took his name and they are working together.

Daps
naw he noticed him, he said how flip the cop took his name and they are working together.
He said that when the I-talian dude told him who Flip was.

If he noticed him from jump, why didn't he say anything prior to that? Especially when he was standing right next to Black Ron and spoke to him before they entered the room? Why wouldn't he point out to the other Klan members that the Black dude's house he went to when he looked up Ron's name is actually a cop who is now mysteriously assigned guard David Duke? Those are ridiculously big red flags for him to ignore until the I-talian blows Flip's cover.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
He said that when the I-talian dude told him who Flip was.

If he noticed him from jump, why didn't he say anything prior to that? Especially when he was standing right next to Black Ron and spoke to him before they entered the room? Why wouldn't he point out to the other Klan members that the Black dude's house he went to when he looked up Ron's name is actually a cop who is now mysteriously assigned guard David Duke? Those are ridiculously big red flags for him to ignore until the I-talian blows Flip's cover.
Because they already settled that it was two Rons in town, so he isn’t going to go up and say hey thats the dude who’s house I accidentally went to. Everyone would have just said so. Also Duke was there and he didn’t want to embarrass himself with his as usual paranoid self. He recognized him it just wasn’t anything to do about it, he was a cop thats how he was able to chill in their meeting untouched in the first place.

Daps
Because they already settled that it was two Rons in town, so he isn’t going to go up and say hey thats the dude who’s house I accidentally went to. Everyone would have just said so. Also Duke was there and he didn’t want to embarrass himself with his as usual paranoid self. He recognized him it just wasn’t anything to do about it, he was a cop thats how he was able to chill in their meeting untouched in the first place.

They didn't know Black Ron was a cop
c'mon bro.

Finding out Black Ron was a cop....a cop who was chilling with the rabble rousing Patrice at his crib is now assigned to "protect" David Duke? No fukking way everyone just dismisses that as irrelevant non-news and chalk it up as one big ass coincidence. Felix was overly suspicious the entire movie, now all of a sudden he's aloof?:comeon:

Plus, like I said, he had a direct convo with Black Ron before they went into the room. Didn't say a damn thing about meeting him prior. Meanwhile, Black Ron looks nervous as fukk in that encounter with his glasses on hoping he doesn't get made.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't know Black Ron was a cop
c'mon bro.

Finding out Black Ron was a cop....a cop who was chilling with the rabble rousing Patrice at his crib is now assigned to "protect" David Duke? No fukking way everyone just dismisses that as irrelevant non-news and chalk it up as one big ass coincidence. Felix was overly suspicious the entire movie, now all of a sudden he's aloof?:comeon:

Plus, like I said, he had a direct convo with Black Ron before they went into the room. Didn't say a damn thing about meeting him prior. Meanwhile, Black Ron looks nervous as fukk in that encounter with his glasses on hoping he doesn't get made.
I chalk it up as he didnt recognize him or remember him. He remembered the chick because he had an emotion attached to her and I'm sure he seen her a few times

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So I went and saw this tonight, great film. It didn't leave that innuendo like how some spike films have left us wanting more. That one scene when Ron is talking to his boss about how duke was changing things and how he would want someone in the white house to push his propaganda was powerful. It's clear how they were putting things in that time frame and tying it into trump as well..

Overall it was a great film and didn't feel like two hours. To my surprise there were so MANY WHITE PEOPLE in the theater, laughing their ass off, but got death quiet during the final scenes.... but I digress.....

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
After seeing it, I knew this board would catch a few things that had me scratching my head. The Italian guy in particular, who stuck out pretty bad, NY accent and all. I read a piece years ago, knocking Spike for this in his films. Starting with Do The Right Thing, to Jungle Fever, to He Got Game - Spike puts Italian characters in a light. This one kind of cemented that for me.

Other than that, this was a classic piece of film making. The kind we know Spike can do, but for some reason chooses to deviate from. The ending left the entire audience quiet.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing it, I knew this board would catch a few things that had me scratching my head. The Italian guy in particular, who stuck out pretty bad, NY accent and all. I read a piece years ago, knocking Spike for this in his films. Starting with Do The Right Thing, to Jungle Fever, to He Got Game - Spike puts Italian characters in a light. This one kind of cemented that for me.

Other than that, this was a classic piece of film making. The kind we know Spike can do, but for some reason chooses to deviate from. The ending left the entire audience quiet.
Spike probably grew up with a lot racist Italians :yeshrug: