The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just saw it and I loved it, definitely one of Spike's best in years. Although the movie has a mainstream feel you gotta appreciate Spike for not toning down his style. Only he would do that extended opening monologue, give us the full black power rally speech, the extended dance scene in the club and Harry Belafonte's story.

I could have done without the not too subtle Trump references but the crowd (European) ate them up and it did make the impact of the ending feel stronger.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
My movie theater isn't showing this film. :(. Man... It's a chain cinemark theater too... It's kind of fukked up. Ugh... Gonna have to start boycotting this place now.

:francis:I thought my theater wouldn't show this either, but they did, although the box office woman didn't even know what this movie was or that it was even playing. Well, at least I had an empty theater all to myself.

Most whites think we all look the same, I was surprised the clansman didn’t notice breh

Yeah, I thought it was in reference to the old "all whites think we look alike" rhetoric which is why he didn't recognize black Ron at all. If I had a dollar for everytime a white person didn't remember me after meeting/talking to me a short time prior or just flat out confusing me for other people, I'd be a rich man.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
White people walking out of the movie is a massive tell on who they are as a person. Unlike most Spike movies, this movie isnt going hard at your average White person, it's pretty much exclusively going at openly racist pieces of shyt, (the Klan, racist cops) and the racist America of 1915-1916.
If you take offense to THAT, then you are a racist piece of shyt yourself.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really liked this film. I'm not surprised John David did his thing. Plus he had a director like Spike guiding the ship with great material too work with

Harry Belafonte scene:to: Corey Hawkins cameo as Kwame Ture were highlights

I believe i believe i believe :ohlawd: loved that dance sequence. Remember Spike had that lindy hop dance sequence in Malcolm X. He'll let the camera stay there and have the music play

I turned to my mother and said "You thought you were going o=home on a happy note" when the ending came :pachaha:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it and I loved it, definitely one of Spike's best in years. Although the movie has a mainstream feel you gotta appreciate Spike for not toning down his style. Only he would do that extended opening monologue, give us the full black power rally speech, the extended dance scene in the club and Harry Belafonte's story.

I could have done without the not too subtle Trump references but the crowd (European) ate them up and it did make the impact of the ending feel stronger.

What was the name of that song during the disco dance off? I remember my parents blasting that vinyl when i was lil. Shyt had the brehs in the theater ready to start that soul train line

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What was the name of that song during the disco dance off? I remember my parents blasting that vinyl when i was lil. Shyt had the brehs in the theater ready to start that soul train line
Someone already posted it but it was Too Late To Turn Back Now by Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose.