The Official Spike Lee "BlacKkKlansman’" Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just got home from seeing this.

Shyt was dope Completely sold out too. It will never cease to amaze me how cacs will flock to see a movie that tells them exactly what they are. :wow:

Clay Davis still with the Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiits. :blessed:

Eric Foreman as David Duke :mjlol:The look on his face after the final phonecall like :dwillhuh::dame::merchant:was priceless.

The dolly shot, with the cross burning on the hill was chilling. :wow:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Haven't seen the film yet but dudes compared this to Django and said QT made a better film on race :gucci:

Jody needs to stick to comic book movie reviews. He's so far off base here that it's not even funny.
I'm not going to waste any more keystrokes on that borderline c00n.

TL:DR
Go see Blackkklansman. It is absolutely one of Spike Lee's best films. 9/10.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
More good then bad. I really, really was cheering for this to be a classic. I mean you got the Spike Lee camera work, music, scenery. Just brought back the old Spike Lee feeling. I don't watch Ballers so this was my first time watching Denzel son. And he proved he could carry a movie. I didn't get to know him as a person but he did his part in the role he played. I loved the fast dialogue at times which goes back to that Spike feeling. Then the "ending,ending" was thought provoking and Spike-ish. But with all that said, I still couldn't ignore certain parts that just irked me. And it goes to my expectation. I expected since it was based on a book that it was going to be extremely accurate (which it was from what I read from reviews). But the parts that it wasn't really put the film down a notch for me. Have to put this in spoilers
When Denzel ran security for David Duke why didn't he change his accent to a Black accent. His White voice (some will catch that reference) was clearly too similar to what he did on the phone. Secondly, when that Klansman went to Denzel appt, he should have instantly recognized him at the David Duke gathering. 3rd and the part that turned me off the most, was when that Klansman wife tried to plant the bomb in the mailbox and those fools blew up themselves. I knew instantly that was Hollywood and such a turn off. Instead of turning that into a police brutality moment, find a different way for him to be the hero. Not something as silly and unlikely as that. That felt like something Peele wanted in the movie. Even though that wasn't the ending to the story, it just felt like a happy ending vibe. Sorta like what Peele did in "Get Out". If you're going to Hollywoodize it, have Angela Davis Jr. get shot or hurt. Not them fools blowing themselves up

My other criticism was the propaganda was just to obvious. From the lawn signs, to the David Dude in the White house stuff. Just no subtlety. Just went out of it's way to compare the 1970
s to what 45 is doing. I get it but it's just preachy in the way he approached it. Now, the Harry Belefonte part was cool in the way he was preachy. But in other ways it was annoying. It's like the problems I have with faith based films (and I'm a Christian). You gotta do it in a artful way. But again, the good outweighs the bad and I would see it again. Even just for the simple reason of getting that Spike Lee feel. Lastly, really surprised to see a Spike Lee film without a bunch of sex scenes.
:wow: Sorry To Bother You.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Same thing happened in my showing. You could hear a pin drop during that Charlottesville footage.

It was the typically good Spike Lee film we haven't gotten since Inside Man with the usual strengths and weaknesses.
Spike can still get laughs, he can still get the most out of his actors, and when he wants to make a moment poignant he can still captivate. Also, But he's still messy, and he still needs an editor when it comes to some of more preachy scenes. Also, that trademark dolly shot was forced as fukk.

8/10
I was waiting all movie for the dolly shot!
:manny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
My girl thinks the KKK member they zoomed in at the end was the White dude who went undercover, thoughts? I didnt feel that way.

I thought they were zooming in on the fat drunk KKK guy, wearking a leadership robe.

I ask people how many times do you want to see this same subject talked about over and over? I actually found similarities between the KKK and Black Power prep rallies in the movie. I don’t know if Spike even realizes what he did.

I thought that was clearly intentional. He was showing us how a black cop back then had to live two different lives, and hide some of his true feelings in BOTH cases. For example, the parallelism between at the beginning when he's with the racist cop with:
"They're not toads, they're human beings".
Then later on with his girlfriend:
"I'm not a pig, I'm and undercover police officer".

He's obviously pointing out that both groups are referring to HIM specifically using an animal name.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JEWS ARE NUMBER 1 ENEMY OF THE KLAN

HOW DO U NOT KNOW THIS??

I thought it was Black people. Unlike Jews the KKK could actually get away with terrorizing Blacks in USA

Jews got too much power. I think whites and other people hate jews cause they’re so successful and stick to themselves

It’s more like envy

Cause let’s be honest most Jews in USA look like white Europeans anyways

Case in point a Jewish man “passing” and joining the Klan

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I thought it was Black people. Unlike Jews the KKK could actually get away with terrorizing Blacks in USA

Jews got too much power. I think whites and other people hate jews cause they’re so successful and stick to themselves

It’s more like envy

Cause let’s be honest most Jews in USA look like white Europeans anyways

Case in point a Jewish man “passing” and joining the Klan

NAAH LOOK UP DAVID DUKE, HE HATES JEWS THE MOST BY FAR

JEWS WAS A MUCH BIGGER THREAT TO THE KKK BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE JEWS RUN EVERYTHING AND WERE ESSENTIAL IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT (AND THEYRE RIGHT)

ACCORDING TO WHITE SUPREMACISTS IT WAS THE JEWS WHO WERE LARGELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING BLACK FOLKS EQUAL RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY

ALSO THE FACT THAT JEWS RUN THE BANKS, HOLLYWOOD, AND A LOT OF OTHER THINGS GOT WHITE SUPREMACISTS IN THEIR FEELINGS LIKE A MUFUCCA

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More good then bad. I really, really was cheering for this to be a classic. I mean you got the Spike Lee camera work, music, scenery. Just brought back the old Spike Lee feeling. I don't watch Ballers so this was my first time watching Denzel son. And he proved he could carry a movie. I didn't get to know him as a person but he did his part in the role he played. I loved the fast dialogue at times which goes back to that Spike feeling. Then the "ending,ending" was thought provoking and Spike-ish. But with all that said, I still couldn't ignore certain parts that just irked me. And it goes to my expectation. I expected since it was based on a book that it was going to be extremely accurate (which it was from what I read from reviews). But the parts that it wasn't really put the film down a notch for me. Have to put this in spoilers
When Denzel ran security for David Duke why didn't he change his accent to a Black accent. His White voice (some will catch that reference) was clearly too similar to what he did on the phone. Secondly, when that Klansman went to Denzel appt, he should have instantly recognized him at the David Duke gathering. 3rd and the part that turned me off the most, was when that Klansman wife tried to plant the bomb in the mailbox and those fools blew up themselves. I knew instantly that was Hollywood and such a turn off. Instead of turning that into a police brutality moment, find a different way for him to be the hero. Not something as silly and unlikely as that. That felt like something Peele wanted in the movie. Even though that wasn't the ending to the story, it just felt like a happy ending vibe. Sorta like what Peele did in "Get Out". If you're going to Hollywoodize it, have Angela Davis Jr. get shot or hurt. Not them fools blowing themselves up

My other criticism was the propaganda was just to obvious. From the lawn signs, to the David Dude in the White house stuff. Just no subtlety. Just went out of it's way to compare the 1970
s to what 45 is doing. I get it but it's just preachy in the way he approached it.
Now, the Harry Belefonte part wast cool in the way he was preachy. But in other ways it was annoying. It's like the problems I have with faith based films (and I'm a Christian). You gotta do it in a artful way. But again, the good outweighs the bad and I would see it again. Even just for the simple reason of getting that Spike Lee feel. Lastly, really surprised to see a Spike Lee film without a bunch of sex scenes.

s to what 45 is doing. I get it but it's just preachy in the way he approached it. Now, the Harry Belefonte part was cool in the way he was preachy. But in other ways it was annoying. It's like the problems I have with faith based films (and I'm a Christian). You gotta do it in a artful way. But again, the good outweighs the bad and I would see it again. Even just for the simple reason of getting that Spike Lee feel. Lastly, really surprised to see a Spike Lee film without a bunch of sex scenes.

Not at all! when Stallworth mentioned that line there was no way you would have known the third act involved charlotsville/trump, none of us would have known if not for us sharing that info on the internet/thecoli.

lol there was a police brutality/injustice moment right there lol when the cops that arrived and did what they did....

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not at all! when Stallworth mentioned that line there was no way you would have known the third act involved charlotsville/trump, none of us would have known if not for us sharing that info on the internet/thecoli.

lol there was a police brutality/injustice moment right there lol when the cops that arrived and did what they did....
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I what meant was I knew that bombing part didnt happen like that in real life.