The Official South Park: The Stick of Truth Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Are you buying South Park: The Stick of Truth next week?

• Hell yeah. Been waiting on this.

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Naw. Next gen games only.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Maybe. I'll wait till the review are out.

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I hate these timing based mechanics. the window is so small and by the time the prompt is on screen its basically too late. its almost like you have to anticipate the prompt.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I hate these timing based mechanics. the window is so small and by the time the prompt is on screen its basically too late. its almost like you have to anticipate the prompt.

Which ones? Attacking and blocking works just fine for me, although I was struggling like a motherfukker with the quick time events in some of the characters' special abilities because they clearly weren't designed for PC keyboard controls.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Just beat the game, man the final fight was some bullshyt :damn:

Game was good, I put about 12 hours in, wish it was a few hours longer. Hopefully they make a few DLC packs to add story, this shyt is kind of a early contender for GOTY.

I'd give it a 8.5 or 9.

K.I.N.G.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just beat the game 100% thoroughly enjoyed this game Canada had straight :deadmanny: hopefully they have another ideas in mind for a sequel because game is unadulterated piff.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I thought turning subtitles on would let me see what Kenny says. Nope.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
For those who have beat the game.

What strategy do I use to defeat the giant foetus at the abortion clinic?

You might not pick up on it but its umbilical cord is a separate target from the fetus, so you first have to destroy the cord to prevent it from draining life and only then can you kill the fetus.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
You might not pick up on it but its umbilical cord is a separate target from the fetus, so you first have to destroy the cord to prevent it from draining life and only then can you kill the fetus.

I did destroy it though. And it revived itself so I was like damn. But then again, it took me a while to clock on to umbilical cord thing. At 1st, I was just attacking the foetus the whole time. So I guess if I go for the umbilical cord as soon as the battle starts, it should be easier. I'm not gonna play any more today. I will try it out tomorrow.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Anyone else notice The Mysterion costume in Kenny's closet? :ohhh:

Imagine if they did a South Park game next with them playing super hero's again. :ahh:

:wow:Mint-Berry Crunch

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just beat the game 100% thoroughly enjoyed this game Canada had straight :deadmanny: hopefully they have another ideas in mind for a sequel because game is unadulterated piff.
i doubt a sequel gets made to this anytime soon because it was in development hell for years and it just seems like it took a lot to make just this one game.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Just beat the game, man the final fight was some bullshyt :damn:

Game was good, I put about 12 hours in, wish it was a few hours longer. Hopefully they make a few DLC packs to add story, this shyt is kind of a early contender for GOTY.

I'd give it a 8.5 or 9.

Been thinking about copping this game. Should I wait for a GOTY edition or until the price drops? 12 hours seems short :patrice:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
This sneaky squeaker fart Randy's teaching me is impossible. :snoop: Tried doing it for like 15 mins and gave up.

:sadcam:Anyone know how to do this move for the PS3 controller???

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
For those who have beat the game.

What strategy do I use to defeat the giant foetus at the abortion clinic?

Take out the umbilical cord first and foremost. Use a fire enhancement on you weapons, if you get a burn status on the enemy, that shyt chunks the fukk outta they life.