The Official South Park: The Stick of Truth Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Are you buying South Park: The Stick of Truth next week?

• Hell yeah. Been waiting on this.

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Naw. Next gen games only.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Maybe. I'll wait till the review are out.

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got this white pearl on the space ship and stuck... There is a strong bum on the bottom that keeps wooping my ass too

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Ok I just copped the game and i'm planning on playing all day tomorrow... which class should I pick first? I want to pick mage... but something about the jew class that got me curious :lolbron:

I did Mage first. Tryna become a Grand Wizard like Cartman.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Just got this white pearl on the space ship and stuck... There is a strong bum on the bottom that keeps wooping my ass too

That Hobo was damn near impossible to beat. Keep using ur Cup of farts on him and when hes stunned keep feeding him that alien stun gun with fart button. Save ur PP for after he gets jacked up, you'll need that to finish him off. If you're out of PP before he gets jacked ur basically screwed. Took me like 10 tries but I finally figured it out. You'll need all ur health and mana foods to beat him.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Hobo was damn near impossible to beat. Keep using ur Cup of farts on him and when hes stunned keep feeding him that alien stun gun with fart button. Save ur PP for after he gets jacked up, you'll need that to finish him off. If you're out of PP before he gets jacked ur basically screwed. Took me like 10 tries but I finally figured it out. You'll need all ur health and mana foods to beat him.

I just crashed the ship

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You guys struggling with the difficulty that much? I play on Normal and I've only lost a handful of times.

Just some general tips for combat:

Stock up on Speed Potions. Getting two extra moves a turn (one for you and one for your buddy) is highly to your advantage. Your first turn can be a murderous turn if you immediately ram four different abilities down their throats.

Make sure all your equipment/weapon patches, perks and abilities complement each other. If possible, stock up your equipment with health patches that heal you after hits, turns and kills. You'll barely have to deal with health potions for your character if you set it up right. Fire Damage is one of the best assets in the game, because it works against all enemies (unlike grossing out), a lot of enemies are weak to it and more important, Magic does extra damage to burning enemies.

Combine effects as much as possible. The best enemy is one suffering from grossing out, bleeding and burning all at once. Your first move should be dedicated to hitting as many different enemies as possible with those effects.

Anyway, I think I'm nearing the end of the game now and I'm surprised how more hilarious the game gets as it progresses.

MASSIVE HILARITY SPOILERS!
When you have to unfriend Al Gore because he spams your Facebook. :dead:

When you have to fight Khloe Kardashian's abortion. :mjlol:

When you get to Canada and it turns into a 8-bit throwback RPG. :deadrose:

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I'm still not reading most of the posts in this thread cause I don't want spoilers but its funny how they even clown Nicki Minaj a little.

When soldiers smell your farts they're like "Nicki Minaj must have put out a new single". :lolbron:

At the moment I'm in the underpants gnomes mission.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
You guys struggling with the difficulty that much? I play on Normal and I've only lost a handful of times.

Just some general tips for combat:

Stock up on Speed Potions. Getting two extra moves a turn (one for you and one for your buddy) is highly to your advantage. Your first turn can be a murderous turn if you immediately ram four different abilities down their throats.

Make sure all your equipment/weapon patches, perks and abilities complement each other. If possible, stock up your equipment with health patches that heal you after hits, turns and kills. You'll barely have to deal with health potions for your character if you set it up right. Fire Damage is one of the best assets in the game, because it works against all enemies (unlike grossing out), a lot of enemies are weak to it and more important, Magic does extra damage to burning enemies.

Combine effects as much as possible. The best enemy is one suffering from grossing out, bleeding and burning all at once. Your first move should be dedicated to hitting as many different enemies as possible with those effects.

:salute:

Foxy

Wow
Daps
Download it for my PC last night. I haven't gotten too far but it's fun. :blessed:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just finished the game. Reviewers weren't lying when they talked about the game's length, I literally clocked in at just over twelve hours on the dot (according to my save). The final battles take a step further in difficulty, but also utilize some cheap tricks like reviving/replicating enemies with the final boss especially feeling repetitive.

With that said, the game is better and funnier than the last couple of seasons combined. All the nods and references to classic South Park lore new and old really hit the mark, plus it's been a long time since the humor got as gross as it does here, and it's awesome. All in all this is indeed by far the greatest South Park game ever made, at least until they make a sequel, which they should.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Just finished the game. Reviewers weren't lying when they talked about the game's length, I literally clocked in at just over twelve hours on the dot (according to my save). The final battles take a step further in difficulty, but also utilize some cheap tricks like reviving/replicating enemies with the final boss especially feeling repetitive.

With that said, the game is better and funnier than the last couple of seasons combined. All the nods and references to classic South Park lore new and old really hit the mark, plus it's been a long time since the humor got as gross as it does here, and it's awesome. All in all this is indeed by far the greatest South Park game ever made, at least until they make a sequel, which they should.

:lupe:I think we have an early contender for GOTY (for last gen)!

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:leon:Just sold all this random shyt I've stolen at Gimbo's gun store and made almost $200 which I spent on weapons and upgrades...

:boss:War Ready