The Official Sin City: A Dame To Kill For Thread

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed it...thought they were gonna pull the switcheroo and have clive owen replace Brolin after Dwights facial surgery.

havent seen the first one in years, so I'm going to go back and watch that as well

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Yeah the line Marv Drops in the first one pretty much sums up how the plot goes as a prequel, "Theres nothin' nancy wouldnt do for me, especially when a frat boy roughed her up and i straightened him out but good." He can hardly remember anything, let alone saturday evening into sunday morning

But yeah, so pissed that this flopped, the two original stories were actually quite good, if they were to do a part 3, it would have to be based around the mob since the roarks are out of the picture, So Im guessing the primary stories would be "Hell and Back" and "Family Values" Rodrigues said he wanted johnny depp for the part of Wallace in Hell and back which is hard to imagine since wallace is an ex navy seal who has kicked manutes azz on more than one occasion and brings down an entire criminal operation singlehandedly ala commando, and you know he never takes tough guy roles like that.

noir-comics-sin-city-hell-and-back-via-mk-goldenmoon.png

Last edited:

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Just the themes about women and the idea that monotone brooding narration from comics works on film.

You can really see with this movie why people have issues with Frank Miller's writing.

meh. i love frank millers writing. his shyt is not supposed to be gritty or real. its written in a noir style. His daredevil run was epic, his batman books were great. he's a visionary fukk the bullshyt. not arguing with u, thats just my dude (alan moore as well).

That being said, I saw this Saturday, loved the cinematography, and Eva Greene/Josh Brolin story was done well. It just felt a little loose in the editing, wasn't woven as tight as the first one. I'd watch it again, kinda knew it wasn't gonna live up to the OG's brilliance. It was in a rare place where it needed to be done, but just shouldnt have been done. I wouldnt mind a part 3 tho, just because I love the world of Sin City.

Marv seemed to be a different character in this to me, and his face wasn't as well done. Also how is he alive for certain shyt?? Timelines were terrible. I fukked with it tho, glad i saw it.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
meh. i love frank millers writing. his shyt is not supposed to be gritty or real. its written in a noir style. His daredevil run was epic, his batman books were great. he's a visionary fukk the bullshyt. not arguing with u, thats just my dude (alan moore as well).

That being said, I saw this Saturday, loved the cinematography, and Eva Greene/Josh Brolin story was done well. It just felt a little loose in the editing, wasn't woven as tight as the first one. I'd watch it again, kinda knew it wasn't gonna live up to the OG's brilliance. It was in a rare place where it needed to be done, but just shouldnt have been done. I wouldnt mind a part 3 tho, just because I love the world of Sin City.

Marv seemed to be a different character in this to me, and his face wasn't as well done. Also how is he alive for certain shyt?? Timelines were terrible. I fukked with it tho, glad i saw it.
it happened before his story in the first one, thats why goldie was alive

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
i got that much, but in part one Nancy's face isnt cut and he see's her in the saloon... so im like welll was that b4 or after?
maybe she got those cuts fixed? :yeshrug: she did kill the senator and everything about her story ended there.