Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was checking out your speaker wires and thinking of buying a set of those. I'm almost done, need to upgrade my sub, back surround speakers, and receiver. I have mostly Energy speakers (C2 mains, C-C1 center, and C-R1 side surrounds), from the late 90's/early 2000 era when they 1st came to the states. The receiver I'm looking at is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Receivers-_-9SIA1J71XY2685

Everything I need plus Dolby Atmos.

seems like a good quality receiver, what type of sub do you have in mind?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Velodyne I have heard before, Paradigm not yet, have to find a dealer in my area that sells them. Way too many sub choices out there, I really want a 12" considering that's what I have now and low frequency extension wouldn't be an issue, however I think I would have to up my price range for both of those companies 12" subs. The Velodyne's I've heard have been very impressive. I watch movies more than anything.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Velodyne I have heard before, Paradigm not yet, have to find a dealer in my area that sells them. Way too many sub choices out there, I really want a 12" considering that's what I have now and low frequency extension wouldn't be an issue, however I think I would have to up my price range for both of those companies 12" subs. The Velodyne's I've heard have been very impressive. I watch movies more than anything.

I am going to be honesty the Paradigm isnt impressive to me, my dad is updating his system so we went shopping around this weekend to listen. He wanted a 10" woofer but I told him the one I have is deeper and hits harder than 10's and 12's I hear. It is a little bit more pricey but I wouldnt steer you wrong, my good friend in Atlanta came to my house with his boy and they couldnt believe something so small was delivering such a punch in a big area, it literally shakes the house. I know one place that you can listen to the Paradigm and the one that I have and I guarantee you that you wont buy the Paradigm after. The only thing is it is a little more costly, about double the price lol but worth it. I have seen a couple of used ones on craigslist for about 400, and I just checked ebay and saw prices vary, check out the definitive technology supercube they go for about $800 new but this tiny woofer delivers tight, deep, heavy base in every corner of the room. Go to a best buy and listen to them before you purchase any $400 10" woofer.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I am going to be honesty the Paradigm isnt impressive to me, my dad is updating his system so we went shopping around this weekend to listen. He wanted a 10" woofer but I told him the one I have is deeper and hits harder than 10's and 12's I hear. It is a little bit more pricey but I wouldnt steer you wrong, my good friend in Atlanta came to my house with his boy and they couldnt believe something so small was delivering such a punch in a big area, it literally shakes the house. I know one place that you can listen to the Paradigm and the one that I have and I guarantee you that you wont buy the Paradigm after. The only thing is it is a little more costly, about double the price lol but worth it. I have seen a couple of used ones on craigslist for about 400, and I just checked ebay and saw prices vary, check out the definitive technology supercube they go for about $800 new but this tiny woofer delivers tight, deep, heavy base in every corner of the room. Go to a best buy and listen to them before you purchase any $400 10" woofer.

Hmmm, a quick search brought me to the SuperCube 6000, guess that's what you have? I've heard of the company, never got a chance to hear their speakers. Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to give it a listen, although I know if I like it, I will be looking to purchase it. I will definitely be done a/v shopping for awhile if I pick up that Denon and the Supercube.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm, a quick search brought me to the SuperCube 6000, guess that's what you have? I've heard of the company, never got a chance to hear their speakers. Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to give it a listen, although I know if I like it, I will be looking to purchase it. I will definitely be done a/v shopping for awhile if I pick up that Denon and the Supercube.

yes, it has a built in 1500 watt amp, definitive technology speakers are actually impressive. I was speaking to an audiophile at a high end audio store last month and told him about them and he said that all the workers at the company are always raving about them all of a sudden. Check them out, listen to them at a local best buy Magnolia section since this is where the pricier speakers are and I guarantee you wont be disappointed especially after listening to the Paradigm, you will be happy you didnt spend the $400 on them.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
yes, it has a built in 1500 watt amp, definitive technology speakers are actually impressive. I was speaking to an audiophile at a high end audio store last month and told him about them and he said that all the workers at the company are always raving about them all of a sudden. Check them out, listen to them at a local best buy Magnolia section since this is where the pricier speakers are and I guarantee you wont be disappointed especially after listening to the Paradigm, you will be happy you didnt spend the $400 on them.

I will definitely give it a listen, that small footprint is a plus as well, not much space to take up. My Sony sub is like 14yrs old, still kicking but overdue for a replacement and upgrade. Thanks again for the advice.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs I was really just thinking about something do you really need a blu Ray player if you have a ps4? Am I wasting one of my hdmi ports?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Brehs I was really just thinking about something do you really need a blu Ray player if you have a ps4? Am I wasting one of my hdmi ports?

Nope, will just be an extra device. My PS3 replaced my blu-ray player. I know the PS4 would have just about every feature that a standalone bd player would have.