Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
@beaniemac

:salute: that looks like a JE510 series, my guess by looking at the front. I remember those, I was working at an sony a/v store when MD was introduced. This is my portable...

2014-10-22%2000.51.15.jpg

here's the portable I had. I went in my garage to look for it, but I have no idea where that shyt went.

suprisingly, this little thing could record and actually had more capabilities than the full size joint just cuz it was portable. plus like I said, it came with rechargeable batteries.

MZ-R37_S_01_low.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
here's the portable I had. I went in my garage to look for it, but I have no idea where that shyt went.

suprisingly, this little thing could record and actually had more capabilities than the full size joint just cuz it was portable. plus like I said, it came wI sweith rechargeable batteries.

MZ-R37_S_01_low.jpg

I Swear to God minidisc was ahead of its time. them shyts would NEVER skip and it was damn near impossible to scratch them. obviously digital media crushed the buildings, but the technology was still dope to me.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

suprisingly, this little thing could record and actually had more capabilities than the full size joint just cuz it was portable. plus like I said, it came with rechargeable batteries.

MZ-R37_S_01_low.jpg

The inline remote that came with them was the joint, could damn near do everything from it. Yea, Sony always put in a kitchen sink full of features on their MD portable units. Mine originally came with a rechargeable pack, it will accept AA batteries though. The shock protection on the portables was pretty good for that time, 10/20sec buffers.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I Swear to God minidisc was ahead of its time. them shyts would NEVER skip and it was damn near impossible to scratch them. obviously digital media crushed the buildings, but the technology was still dope to me.

Most definitely way ahead of its time. I rarely listen to them now, but I still have a stash of 30 MD's in a holder case.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Most definitely way ahead of its time. I rarely listen to them now, but I still have a stash of 30 MD's in a holder case.

I have a case of minidisc, but they fell behind my TV. also, I have sooooooo many playlist on itunes, there's no reason for me to retrive them minidisc. my laptop is already plugged into my receiver, so there's no need for minidisc in this day and age.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have a case of minidisc, but they fell behind my TV. also, I have sooooooo many playlist on itunes, there's no reason for me to retrive them minidisc. my laptop is already plugged into my receiver, so there's no need for minidisc in this day and age.

Yea nowadays with mp3's and flash drives, along with almost every device that supports them, MD's are long forgotten. I've had people over and they ask about the MD unit "what's that thing?".

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yea nowadays with mp3's and flash drives, along with almost every device that supports them, MD's are long forgotten. I've had people over and they ask about the MD unit "what's that thing?".

dog, I was in college when I first copped mine. the unit was like $100 cuz it was on some returned unit type shyt. anyways, I copped on an impulse and it was piff. and after I copped, liked 2 of my buddies that was in school with me ended up copping it as well.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I had that same one in silver

I remember stores were doing 40%-50% off on them cuz they were collecting dust on shelves. One of my friends is a die-hard MD collector, has crates of the discs, the MD computer drive, numerous portables and this 10th anniversary edition........

4683432180_05808c9fef_z.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

MZ-R37_S_01_low.jpg
CD players that could read MP3 files caused me to skip out on MD until actual MP3 players became cheap enough.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
**updated**
Bi-amped speakers a couple months ago
and changes out my center channel. Cables are much more $$ but worth it if you are buying good speakers you notice a significant difference.

Next is getting a 65-70 inch add 2 more speakers to the surround sound... going to audiophile store tomorrow or later this evening.
smsrgz.jpg

ffbw44.jpg

Running A wireless adapter to stream all my music from computer/phone/online radio to my receiver and a power amp to my towers

jkudmr.jpg

9zyij7.jpg

2v2tabq.jpg

vrwzu8.jpg

Real nice setup you got, looking at it I miss working in a/v, being able to listen to the high-end stuff on a daily. I was running a bi-amp setup for my mains till I went to 7.1, need a newer receiver with pre-outs for an extra amp.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
CD players that could read MP3 files caused me to skip out on MD until actual MP3 players became cheap enough.

Speaking of MP3 players, I had this old school beast. Bought it for photography, had a CF card slot and a 20GB hdd, I would dump my memory cards into it when I was shooting out of town. Bonus was it played MP3 files.......

00072312-photo-archos-gmini-120.jpg

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real nice setup you got, looking at it I miss working in a/v, being able to listen to the high-end stuff on a daily. I was running a bi-amp setup for my mains till I went to 7.1, need a newer receiver with pre-outs for an extra amp.

Thanks, I am running a 7.1 now but hooked up a power amp because really gives the front towers that extra punch and clarity that a regular receiver cant. At this point I am pretty much done, I am going to get 2 satellite speakers for the other side of the pool table to get a little more clarity on that side. I honestly listen to music more than I watch movies. What type of speakers do you have? what type of receiver are you thinking?

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember stores were doing 40%-50% off on them cuz they were collecting dust on shelves. One of my friends is a die-hard MD collector, has crates of the discs, the MD computer drive, numerous portables and this 10th anniversary edition........

4683432180_05808c9fef_z.jpg

If he holds on to them, they can be worth a little change in the future. Look how people are spending $$ for reel to reels and other vintage equipment.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Thanks, I am running a 7.1 now but hooked up a power amp because really gives the front towers that extra punch and clarity that a regular receiver cant. At this point I am pretty much done, I am going to get 2 satellite speakers for the other side of the pool table to get a little more clarity on that side. I honestly listen to music more than I watch movies. What type of speakers do you have? what type of receiver are you thinking?

I was checking out your speaker wires and thinking of buying a set of those. I'm almost done, need to upgrade my sub, back surround speakers, and receiver. I have mostly Energy speakers (C2 mains, C-C1 center, and C-R1 side surrounds), from the late 90's/early 2000 era when they 1st came to the states. The receiver I'm looking at is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Receivers-_-9SIA1J71XY2685

Everything I need plus Dolby Atmos.