The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh there's stuff on there u cant even move or delete last of us 2 aint even on the main line anymore i gotta go in a folder to play it :martin:

ya that’s what I don’t like...xbox dashboard is far more customizable

I know ppl are gonna argue it’s “great” that sony doesn’t let us do that and try to “explain” to me how it’s beneficial from a company standpoint but fukk that

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so ur content with never playing all the digital psn titles (ps1,ps1 and ps3 games) you bought during the ps3 era ever again?

you keep your console if you go digital :yeshrug:

learned that with the PS3...should’ve just kept my slim...wouldn’t have had to spend money/time on trying to find one in new condition on ebay at a “decent” price

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now that the dust has settled, I'm going to make some assumptions as to their plans regarding the subjects of cross-gen and PS5 upgrades/remasters.

RE: cross-gen

• First party games to be cross gen if they started development on PS4/if they are coming out within the first three years of PS5's release - reason: money.
  • God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 7 will 100% be cross-gen. TLOU: Factions will definitely be cross-gen, but that hardly needs to be said for a MP game.
  • Following this logic Days Gone 2 and Spiderman 2 will probably be cross-gen as well honestly. :yeshrug:
  • Sucker Punch or Naughty Dog's next games might be the first BIG first party games that are PS5 exclusive as they will definitely start development on PS5. As will SMM, Guerrilla Games and Insomniac's non-flagpole games.
  • Demon's Soul's, Returnal, Destruction All Stars and whatever the likes of Arrowhead/Supermassive are making are second party/published by SIE and paid for especially for the PS5, so they'll be the main PS5 exclusive
  • Ratchet & Clank might have been developed completely on the PS5 considering how short Insomniac's development cycle is. Sackboy is a PS4 game pushed to launch with PS5, hence cross-gen.
RE: upgrades/remasters
  • Studios with recent big releases that have smaller releases coming out (basically Spiderman and The Last Of Us 2) will have ultimate editions bundled with the original game "remastered" and bundled with the new release on PS5 (basically TLOU Factions will be bundled with TLOU2 PS5 remaster)., No doubt there will be a Bloodborne remaster as well - easy money.
  • Older games like God of War, The Last Guardian etc will avail of the FPS/resolution upgrades built into the PS5.
  • Sony will (or at least should) communicate clearly the difference between free 'upgrades' (fps/resolution) and paid 'remaster' (fps, resolution, trophies,gameplay improvements, ray tracing etc).
Most of these wouldn't have been an issue if they had bother to communicate properly at the start of the year. Instead they are coasting by with exclusives/hype and after trying to have his cake and eating it too, Jim Ryan looks like the biggest a$$hole on the face of the earth.

On the other hand the shareholders must be going :wow: right now.