The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
These are impressions from using my Portal for 2 hours of uninterrupted Final Fantasy 16 play

Pros

-Plays super smooth. No lag whatsoever

-Easy simple setup. Took about 30 mins between powering it on, setting up Wifi, and connecting it to my PS5

-Screen is impressive. Game plays at full 1080p and cutscenes looked really nice on the 8inch LCD

-Haptic feedback and rumble is the exact same as on dualsense. Your literally missing nothing

-Sleek design, not too heavy

-responsive controls. Again feels just like using a dualsense

Cons

-Lack of bluetooth for most without standard wired headphones means listening from crappy speakers

-ergonomically, its kind of weird to hold. I feel like the spacing is just a tad too wide. I like to play laying on my back with my hands up while up looking at the screen propped on a pillow. This position cramped my wrists and made it hard at times to hold. It seems like Sony really wants you to either lay on your stomach and play or be sitting up and looking down, which I did for stretches but thats not my preferred method of playing.

Overall this device is EXACTLY what Sony has marketed it to be and not one OUNCE more. Its as barebones as it gets. Its for mirroring your PS5 over Wifi. Thats it. No surprises. And for that singular purpose, this is the best device i’ve ever used. I used my Vita to remote play Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core Reunion. All three times were very annoying experiences with noticeable lag and annoying dropoffs. There was not one single LICK of lag while playing FF16 on the Portal.

Also its good to keep in mind regarding Wifi, I live in an apartment thats not super big and due to my work (Film director) I have the best Wifi that Xfinity offers AND my PS5 is connected via ethernet to my router, so in my case there shouldn’t be any lag at all. Your experiences may vary

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I need y'all help. i'm thinking of copping that ps5 slim with the spiderman bundle for $500. Do yall think there will be a cheaper price coming in a couple of days?

SupaVillain

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
last question, how does them ps4 games work on the ps5? i remember seeing you can pay $10 if you own a game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
last question, how does them ps4 games work on the ps5? i remember seeing you can pay $10 if you own a game

You just redownload them if you have them digital or if you have the disc just play them like you would ps4.

A lot of them have 60fps updates that are free, but some of the official “remasters” or “directors cuts” have paid upgrades, if you want the ps5 specific versions with next gen features

Edit—-

Before you bush your ps4 do a cloud upload of all your saves.

SupaVillain

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You just redownload them if you have them digital or if you have the disc just play them like you would ps4.

A lot of them have 60fps updates that are free, but some of the official “remasters” or “directors cuts” have paid upgrades, if you want the ps5 specific versions with next gen features

Edit—-

Before you bush your ps4 do a cloud upload of all your saves.
Nah imma keep my ps4 for sure

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I have the premium tier, I'm getting the discount if I want to renew but I don't utilize the benefits enough to make it worth it. Plus the PS1/PS2 catalog is very disappointing. My current subscription ends on the 22nd. If I cancel would I be able to get the basic tier of PS Plus with the black Friday discount ?