The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It's all part of Sony's aim to broaden out from the single-player, narrative adventure games that it's best known for (although don't worry, they're still being made, too). In fact, the company says it has ten live-service games in the work.

Yet live-service games, typically, take up a huge amount of time and attention. Surely Sony can't expect all ten products to be successful? The cynic in me can't help but feel that the company is hedging its bets, knowing that the majority of those ten won't make it, but hoping one or two strike it big.

Yet PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst was keen to remind me that 'live-service' doesn't automatically mean the company is making ten Fortnites or Destinys.

"We understand the competitive environment that is out there, and the time investment from players that live services offer," Hulst tells us. "And we want to deliver the highest quality games.

"There is a risk that we talk about 'live service' in generic terms – as if it is a single genre, or even a single business model. PlayStation Studios are making a variety of games that could be referred to as 'live services', targeting different genres, different release schedules, and at different scales. We are also creating games for different audiences, and I take confidence from our track record in creating worlds and stories that PlayStation fans love."

So what is it that PlayStation can offer? Tony Hsu, studio head at Firewalk, says the company has no plans to expand much beyond the 150 employees. But there are other benefits to being part of the PlayStation team.

An interesting side note on the game that Firewalk is making is that it's not technically going to be a PS5 exclusive, as the game is also being simultaneously developed for PC. It makes business sense to launch live-service titles across multiple platforms, as it gives the title a larger addressable market in which to build an audience. Is this an approach Sony might be making with all its service-based titles?

Read the article for more!

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
DualSense edge is overpriced mid compared to the Elite Series Controller but otherwise since I got my PS5 I been looking at my Xbox like

38yapg.jpg

Will use it to play cyberpunk & Elden Ring DLC along with starfield later this year but otherwise :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My Ps5 disc drive is bad. It's not taking any CDs. When I press the eject button it just makes noise, it's like it's stuck in eject cd mode. Not sure what to do. :unimpressed:

About a year ago it fell on the floor and damaged the hdmi port. Was gone get that fixed today, but now with the disc drive going crazy?

Should I just cop another Ps5? I'm probably looking at $300 in repair costs
It's over breh. Had the same issue on mine (my GT7 was stuck in mine). Thankfully I had the warranty :win:

you might be fukked breh.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It's over breh. Had the same issue on mine (my GT7 was stuck in mine). Thankfully I had the warranty :win:

you might be fukked breh.

I got a work around. If I power it on while pushing a disc inside, it'll work. Don't feel like dropping $500 cash, but if I really want I'll cop that shyt tomorrow through affirm and pay it off in a month.:yeshrug:

I think it's a waiting game at this point, tryna see if they gone release one with the external disc drive. My only gripe against that is space. The less shyt I need to move around, the better.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DualSense edge is overpriced mid compared to the Elite Series Controller but otherwise since I got my PS5 I been looking at my Xbox like

38yapg.jpg

Will use it to play cyberpunk & Elden Ring DLC along with starfield later this year but otherwise :francis:
Only 2 back triggers and worse battery life than the controller that already has weak battery life(regular duelsense) killed it for me. Hoping for a V2 in a couple years that addresses those issues, then I’ll bite.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Only 2 back triggers and worse battery life than the controller that already has weak battery life(regular duelsense) killed it for me. Hoping for a V2 in a couple years that addresses those issues, then I’ll bite.

Someone bought it for me as a gift but I don’t really like the feel of the extra buttons. Back to the regular dualsense for me.