The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm actually playing one of my free PSN games. Mafia, the definitive edition. I have never played this before, and it's actually pretty fun :gladbron:

how far into the game are you? I don’t mind spoilers

I tried playing it the other day and bailed…I feel like with a lot of games that I bought on sale years later, I waited too long to play them so they feel outdated

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Help:sadcam: so I had my ps5 for two months. I’m got to the gram fight on God of war and now my ps5 fan starts going crazy and says it’s too hot. On quality mode I can play through it for like 5 minutes before it gets loud but on performance it goes loud and gives me the too hot warning off the rip and shuts off. No dust, laying horizontal already re-installed the game. Anyone have this happen with this game?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Help:sadcam: so I had my ps5 for two months. I’m got to the gram fight on God of war and now my ps5 fan starts going crazy and says it’s too hot. On quality mode I can play through it for like 5 minutes before it gets loud but on performance it goes loud and gives me the too hot warning off the rip and shuts off. No dust, laying horizontal already re-installed the game. Anyone have this happen with this game?
Nah. Either you spot is not well ventilated or you got a rare lemon unit. My PS5s have been quiet and lukewarm for years now.

If you know it's not the former, send it back to Sony asap.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@Kamikaze Revy @Rekkapryde @Gizmo_Duck @Khalil's_Black_Excellence

Have y'all done with gameshare with your family or friends? How does it work like that? If they used my account so will my account be stuck on their console, can you take your account off their console or something?

Basically, you set up your account on the PlayStation that you want your family members to use and assign that playstation as the primary playstation of your account. Then any PSN ID logged onto that playstation can access any games you own.

There are caveats to it tho, to which I highly recommend only doing this if you have two playstations in the same household. If not, you may find yourself locked out of your own account, which can be fixed, but is easier to do and manage if you can just go walk to the other playstation and change the settings.

Here's how to do it, along with a bunch of other PS5 tricks and settings.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically, you set up your account on the PlayStation that you want your family members to use and assign that playstation as the primary playstation of your account. Then any PSN ID logged onto that playstation can access any games you own.

There are caveats to it tho, to which I highly recommend only doing this if you have two playstations in the same household. If not, you may find yourself locked out of your own account, which can be fixed, but is easier to do and manage if you can just go walk to the other playstation and change the settings.

Here's how to do it, along with a bunch of other PS5 tricks and settings.

One of my nephews wants to use my account gameshare so he can download Hogwarts Legacy for free.

Can he remove my account from his PS5? Does he need my password, email, etc?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
One of my nephews wants to use my account gameshare so he can download Hogwarts Legacy for free.

Can he remove my account from his PS5? Does he need my password, email, etc?
You have to sign into his playstation, then make his playstation your "home" playstation in the settings on his console.
Him, and anyone else who uses his PS5 at that point will be able to download and play all of your games.
You actual home console that you are using will only be able to play the games you have on the console under your account.
It's exactly what I do at my house. The living PS5 is my "home" ps5 so everyone can play on it and the ps5 in my game room is my "away" console that you need to be signed in as me to play the games on.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Khalil's_Black_Excellence @Kamikaze Revy

So basically, I can’t really remove it remotely, the closest I can get from removing it remotely is changing my password and/or email and then Putting 2 step verification on so it’s 100% that the person can not get back on it. They will still have my profile on their PS5 but it will not be signed into PlayStation network which means anything that person does on my account will not effect my account that’s signed in to PlayStation network, if the person tried to play a online game then it wouldn’t work as I need PlayStation network and some times ps plus. If the person tried to play a offline game it would work most of the time but the saves are on that console and the game would not appear on my account like trophies and the record if I playing it so that does nothing to my account either?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Khalil's_Black_Excellence @Kamikaze Revy

So basically, I can’t really remove it remotely, the closest I can get from removing it remotely is changing my password and/or email and then Putting 2 step verification on so it’s 100% that the person can not get back on it. They will still have my profile on their PS5 but it will not be signed into PlayStation network which means anything that person does on my account will not effect my account that’s signed in to PlayStation network, if the person tried to play a online game then it wouldn’t work as I need PlayStation network and some times ps plus. If the person tried to play a offline game it would work most of the time but the saves are on that console and the game would not appear on my account like trophies and the record if I playing it so that does nothing to my account either?
When you set a console to your “home console” every single user on that console will have access to your games and will have PS+.
The limitation is you can only have one “home console” set at a time. If your “home console” is at a friends house everyone there can play your games on and offline.
If someone else goes to your house and tries to play a game on your console, it will tell them something to the effect of “you do not have access to this game. Please sign in as the correct user”.
If I recall correctly, to change your home console, you have to log into that ps5, disable it as your home console, and then assign a new one.
If you’re concerned about people buying games under your account just enable a password and 2 factor on your purchasing.
In the digital world, you essentially get 2 copies of every game for the price of one of you want to share.