The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Daps
I think if HZD was the only thing coming out in the 3rd/4th quarter we wouldnt be getting a SoP so early.

But then again, Sony has a shyt load of 3rd party games coming out still, Stray, Ghostwire, Deathloop, Sifu....I still think we get one more 1st party title this year
Ragnarok :mjgrin:
Yeah yeah delayed to 2022 but I have a feeling they are making R&C and Horzion get their shine before GOW comes through and steals all the hype
They are giving each major 2021 1st party title a SOP. GOW is probably next as their late fall release:mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ragnarok :mjgrin:
Yeah yeah delayed to 2022 but I have a feeling they are making R&C and Horzion get their shine before GOW comes through and steals all the hype
They are giving each game a SOP. GOW is probably next as their late fall release:mjgrin:

GoW 2/2/22

Factions is prob the second game after HZD

Daps
GoW 2/2/22

Factions is prob the second game after HZD
:mjlol:
Sony will need a major title and as good as factions will be GOW is the only other first party that will do it
Q3 = Horizon, Q4 = GOW makes sense even though GOW being delayed to who knows when 22 in wouldn't be surprising
Factions hasn't even been announced yet but it will be their major 2021 game for Q4? :comeon:
Sony knows they have one other major release for Q4 and I think it might be GOW
If it were factions I think it will be bundled with the TLOU remake which I think drops in 22

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol:
Sony will need a major title and as good as factions will be GOW is the only other first party that will do it
Q3 = Horizon, Q4 = GOW makes sense even though GOW being delayed to who knows when 22 in wouldn't be surprising
Factions hasn't even been announced yet but it will be their major 2021 game for Q4? :comeon:
Sony knows they have one other major release for Q4 and I think it might be GOW
If it were factions I think it will be bundled with the TLOU remake which I think drops in 22

Sony released over a half dozen first party games this year they really don’t need to do anything ay this point.

Daps
Sony released over a half dozen first party games this year they really don’t need to do anything ay this point.
we'll see. this first year has been great so far and my ps5 blows my ps4 out the water in terms of first year usage and enjoyment. I still want and see ragnarok dropping this year. Sony is out for blood. Even if there is a delay I see 1st half 2022 at the worst

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I think if HZD was the only thing coming out in the 3rd/4th quarter we wouldnt be getting a SoP so early.

But then again, Sony has a shyt load of 3rd party games coming out still, Stray, Ghostwire, Deathloop, Sifu....I still think we get one more 1st party title this year
I got a feeling Sony gonna be stingy with the blockbuster first party titles for the rest of this year because of the supply constraint....I've accepted that :manny:

I hope they surprise me but I think we'll get some decent 3rd party filler in between time.

Im starting not to want GOW this year anyway, I dont want the PS4 sullying the experience :hhh:

Daps
I got a feeling Sony gonna be stingy with the blockbuster first party titles for the rest of this year because of the supply constraint....I've accepted that :manny:

I hope they surprise me but I think we'll get some decent 3rd party filler in between time.

Im starting not to want GOW this year anyway, I dont want the PS4 sullying the experience :hhh:
GOW releasing this year or who knows when in 22 has nothing to do with whether or not it's cross gen. Rumors say it is PS5 only. Based on SM and Cory' complaints about how the PS4 hardware held them back forcing them to cut large amounts of the game, it probably will be ps5 only. The parts they cut e.g. boss battles, set pieces, gameplay sequences and ideas, etc. were probably already placed in the sequel as a template.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
GOW releasing this year or who knows when in 22 has nothing to do with whether or not it's cross gen. Rumors say it is PS5 only. Based on SM and Cory' complaints about how the PS4 hardware held them back forcing them to cut large amounts of the game, it probably will be ps5 only.
It gives them more time to polish the PS5 version. Im of the mindset that this game probably started development on PS4 until they realized what they could do with the PS5.

It'll be a cross generation game at heart no matter if it's a PS5 exclusive. I can wait until 2022 if they need that time to realize the full potential :yeshrug:

Daps
It gives them more time to polish the PS5 version. Im of the mindset that this game probably started development on PS4 until they realized what they could do with the PS5.

It'll be a cross generation game at heart no matter if it's a PS5 exclusive. I can wait until 2022 if they need that time to realize the full potential :yeshrug:
that's not how it works. otherwise none of the games coming out this year would be ps5 exclusive yet r&c and returnal are ps5 only. demon's souls, a launch game, is ps5 only. even if gow releaes fall 2022, it being ps5 only is a decision that would have been made in 2017/2018. developer's have a vision before they make the game and push current hardware to see if they can handle it. Then they scale down accordingly. That would give them 3-4+ years to develop GOW on PS5 hardware if development started in 2017/2018. GOW was made in 2.5 years but the engine caused the development to take 5 years. A older post has a link to a rumor suggesting it is PS5 only.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GOW releasing this year or who knows when in 22 has nothing to do with whether or not it's cross gen. Rumors say it is PS5 only. Based on SM and Cory' complaints about how the PS4 hardware held them back forcing them to cut large amounts of the game, it probably will be ps5 only. The parts they cut e.g. boss battles, set pieces, gameplay sequences and ideas, etc. were probably already placed in the sequel as a template.

High possibility that the later it releases the more its likely next gen only. I think the sony 1st party got dev kits in 2019

Daps
High possibility that the later it releases the more its likely next gen only. I think the sony 1st party got dev kits in 2019
Older rumors suggest as early as 2017/2018. Even still, gaming companies give developers at least prototype models of next gen systems YEARS in advance and before release. I want 1st half 22 for GOW if there is a delay:lupe:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
that's not how it works. otherwise none of the games coming out this year would be ps5 exclusive yet r&c and returnal are ps5 only. demon's souls, a launch game, is ps5 only. even if gow releaes fall 2022, it being ps5 only is a decision that would have been made in 2017/2018. That would give them 3-4+ years to develop GOW on PS5 hardware if development started in 2017/2018. GOW was made in 2.5 years but the engine caused the development to take 5 years. A older post has a link to a rumor suggesting it is PS5 only.
The later it releases the higher the chance its PS5 only. We're all just guessing at this point but I feel better about the release date being pushed back if its gonna be a ps5 exclusive. I want this game to be as polished as possible when it releases

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I reluctantly agree with this...if GOW is gonna be PS5 only they’re gonna want to release it alongside a huge shipment of PS5s...I still think both are possible for the late holiday season