The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So I've had this system for months and I hate to say it but the OS is a downgrade. It's just really unintuitive. I thought it was about muscle-memory but I still don't know what's gonna happen every time I press the home button :mjlol:

They should've just built on the PS4 OS. Gamebase is just terrible. There was no need to completely revamp this shyt. I really hate when Sony does this :francis:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Only thing I liked better on ps4 was the trophy layout. Don't care for this horizontal shyt.

Only thing i kinda miss is themes just because i like having one song playing in the background. Overall I think this UI is a lot smoother and seamless, some things are kind unnecessarily hard to find though.

I like the store integration into the UI also even though I’ve been buying all my games on the web app

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So I've had this system for months and I hate to say it but the OS is a downgrade. It's just really unintuitive. I thought it was about muscle-memory but I still don't know what's gonna happen every time I press the home button :mjlol:

They should've just built on the PS4 OS. Gamebase is just terrible. There was no need to completely revamp this shyt. I really hate when Sony does this :francis:

Yeah I keep double tapping the home button too. I usually ignore surveys but I participated in the one they had a few weeks back to air that shyt out :dead:

Switching apps, making or finding my voice chats, and starting shareplay seems to be more of a hassle than it was on the PS4 as well. I stopped using my PS4 completely so I could get used to the PS5's OS fast but it's still a slow process. I thought maybe I'm just getting :flabbynsick: but my homies are experiencing some of the same annoyances.

Still love my purchase though. A dead quiet system which is what I wanted most after my PS4 Pro Turbine edition and it's snappy as fukk.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I keep double tapping the home button too. I usually ignore surveys but I participated in the one they had a few weeks back to air that shyt out :dead:

Switching apps, making or finding my voice chats, and starting shareplay seems to be more of a hassle than it was on the PS4 as well. I stopped using my PS4 completely so I could get used to the PS5's OS fast but it's still a slow process. I thought maybe I'm just getting :flabbynsick: but my homies are experiencing some of the same annoyances.

Still love my purchase though. A dead quiet system which is what I wanted most after my PS4 Pro Turbine edition and it's snappy as fukk.
Yeah you pretty much summed up my thoughts. I really like the overall system in terms of hardware and experience and this is just me nitpicking. But it’s hard to look past the UI issues when you know it’s missing features that were already there the previous gen. I get Sony wants to have that feeling of newness for a new gen but they could’ve just skinned it and called it a day.

Now we gotta wait years for them let us install folders again :francis:

Looking back it’s kinda crazy that the Vita had their most robust OS and it was all available from launch :snoop:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you pretty much summed up my thoughts. I really like the overall system in terms of hardware and experience and this is just me nitpicking. But it’s hard to look past the UI issues when you know it’s missing features that were already there the previous gen. I get Sony wants to have that feeling of newness for a new gen but they could’ve just skinned it and called it a day.

Now we gotta wait years for them let us install folders again :francis:

Looking back it’s kinda crazy that the Vita had their most robust OS and it was all available from launch :snoop:
PS4 OS was fine imo. I had no issues with it.

This new one is fast but I don't think they needed to change much. Add a few new features here and there and call it a day. I'm used to holding down the home button to bring up the sub menu.