The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah bro they got this new tech that greatly compresses the size of the games. I don’t think any game has been over 60gb yet. But congratulations you gonna love it :wow:

ya I was concerned about the space way back when the size was first announced but I’ve had upwards to 12 games on it (6 PS5/6 PS4 games) with still a decent amount of room left for a game or two

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, there is nothing particularly remarkable in that. Of course they can't "drastically improve" supply - the semi-conductor supply issue is out of their hands.
. Hiroki Totoki said Sony was currently considering various solutions to help it cope with the global shortage of hardware components, including potentially altering hardware designs
That pretty remarkable IMO. We’ve never seen something like that.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things are looking a bit rosier in the physical hardware and accessories space. Across Europen markets and Australia, 554,504 games machines were sold (including retro consoles and Oculus Quest 2), which is 17% up over last year. The big reason for this was PlayStation 5, which was the No.1 console of the month (just as it was in the US), and saw very strong sales in France, Italy and Spain. It was the biggest month for PS5 sales outside of the console's launch month.

Nintendo Switch is the second best-selling console, although sales are down a bit compared with March 2020. This won't come as a surprise when you consider the huge launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons last time. The Xbox Series set of consoles come in at No.3.

In terms of headsets, controllers and other accessories, 1.32 million products were sold across tracked markets, which is a 21% increase year-on-year. Again, this is due to the popularity of PlayStation 5, with the DualSense controller the best-selling device. The controller finally ends the reign of the PS4 controller: the DualShock 4.

Finally, 930,000 wallets and points cards were sold across the tracked European markets, which is pretty much the same as March 2020. PlayStation Top-Up cards remain at No.1. Nintendo Eshop Cards are at No.2, up 56% over the same period a year before.

PS5 sales surge in March across Europe | EMEAA Charts

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
e0jllvpuuassa0u6ckxo.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Watched someone play Days Gone on PS5 and the loading times are just atrocious. I’m not sure where that game went so wrong but its just really badly put together. I’d hate to see the load times on PS4.

It actually made me remember what a blessing the SSD was cause not having load times seems like such a small thing but when you don’t have it you really notice it again.

Edit—-

Disgusting...there’s no reason why this game should this long to load while Tsushima is damn near instant even on ps4. I hope Bend gets it together on their next IP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PlayStation cleaning up in china

Their secret weapon for sales is def genshin, pretty sure genshin sales are eclipsing fortnite sales in china