Earthrealm
Last edited:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wonder which games are going to catch that day one graphic upgrade patch

I am under the impression that PS5 game files and PS4 game files are separate.

For example, Last of Us Part 2. The game will work on PS5, but it will play the same way the PS4 Pro version plays. No enhancements since that game doesn’t have a dynamic resolution or unlocked framerate.

For a game like that to take advantage of PS5 additional power, it would have to be a version of Last of Us Part 2 for PS5.

On Xbox Smart Delivery would allow a patch to be pushed through for a game to take advantage without the need of a brand new game file.

Daps
I am under the impression that PS5 game files and PS4 game files are separate.

For example, Last of Us Part 2. The game will work on PS5, but it will play the same way the PS4 Pro version plays. No enhancements since that game doesn’t have a dynamic resolution or unlocked framerate.

For a game like that to take advantage of PS5 additional power, it would have to be a version of Last of Us Part 2 for PS5.

On Xbox Smart Delivery would allow a patch to be pushed through for a game to take advantage without the need of a brand new game file.
Sony said the top 100 played exclusives will be enhanced by the PS5
So games like TLOU Part 2 will play at 4k/60fps on the PS5 with little to no load times

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So games like TLOU Part 2 will play at 4k/60fps on the PS5 with little to no load times

where did you see this?

I know they said a lot of games will be playable but I haven’t seen anything regarding enhanced gameplay as yet...TLOU2 @ 4K/60fps would be dope tho

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

I must have missed that statement that games will be enhanced.

I understand the load time enhancement, that is a result of having an SSD. But once again, I’m not confident in thinking that load times for PS4 games will be fully enhanced to the point of taking advantage of 5GB+ per second.

So don’t expect instant load times for PS4 games played on PS5.

Daps
I must have missed that statement that games will be enhanced.

I understand the load time enhancement, that is a result of having an SSD. But once again, I’m not confident in thinking that load times for PS4 games will be fully enhanced to the point of taking advantage of 5GB+ per second.

So don’t expect instant load times for PS4 games played on PS5.
I'm going by what Sony said :yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm going by what Sony said :yeshrug:

that’s the thing tho they haven’t said anything...and if so provide a link cuz I don’t see any specific statements of anything similar to the smart delivery system...this is not a challenge...I honestly want to know what they said if anything