The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn I have the headset in my cart at bestbuy...but it’s for pickup at a store 100+ miles away from me lmaooo...I’ve had it in my cart for the last hour now...refreshed the page and it’s still there...I’m thinking if I buy it maybe they’ll let me switch it to shipping eventually...think I’m just gonna leave it in the cart and see if at some point I can get it at the store closer to me :yeshrug:

fukk it...I bought it...I’ll wait and see if they allow me to change it to shipping...I see the shipping option for the order but it’s grayed out right now...maybe it’ll change in a few days...worse case scenario I don’t pick it up or just cancel the order...release date is fri. so I’m also hoping it’ll be possible to just go to the store and get one when I pick up the controller

*edit*

the option to ship it/change the pickup store is available but it won’t let me choose anything yet...hopefully this changes at some point during the week...but technically I have it tho :francis:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Performance was still 1080 wasn’t it? Could up the resolution, textures, and hit the same 50 something average, or keep it mostly the same and have an actual locked 60. Or some combo. Either way it should be much better as is with VRR
Performance mode was 1080P with unlocked framerates. It rarely hit 60 on the Pro so tweeting that it will run up to 60fps on PS5 with the favor performance mode is stating the obvious. Anyone would've known that.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Performance mode was 1080P with unlocked framerates. It rarely hit 60 on the Pro so tweeting that it will run up to 60fps on PS5 with the favor performance mode is stating the obvious. Anyone would've known that.

Yea I saw this as a patch, didn’t realize it was just stock BC. Literally nothing to see :unimpressed:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I thought playstation wasn't doing auto boost?

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I’ve been suggesting they do this since I first heard of this game. Charging 70 dollars for an online game, and putting it against demon souls, spider-man and all the AAA third party releases was a a really bad movie.

Having it free on PS+ in feb after I’m done with most of my other releases means i might actaully give it a chance now

Game looked like it was always meant to be free, but at least they realized it now. :ehh:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow: dont think I want to turn on my PS4 again

I finally made the move this wkend: mounted the TV, moved the Pro and got it set up in the bedroom, and cleared out a nice chunk of real estate on the TV stand :wow: just waiting on my raceways to come in. And the system :mjlol:

giphy.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: dont think I want to turn on my PS4 again

I look at that shyt like a girlfriend you haven't broken up with yet out of convenience, and still smash on the reg. Still giving her that work, but y'all both know when your new girl is ready, she's bushes status, aside from pinch hitting duty.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought playstation wasn't doing auto boost?
A game with an unlocked framerate or resolution will reach it's maximum cap easier just due to the sheer brute power. There's just no "boost mode" option that's needed to be enabled like on PS4 Pro which was added later for unpatched games for the Pro.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A game with an unlocked framerate or resolution will reach it's maximum cap easier just due to the sheer brute power. There's just no "boost mode" option that's needed to be enabled like on PS4 Pro which was added later for unpatched games for the Pro.

I honestly thought with ps5 if it wasn't "boosted" then the only advantages you'd get is the load times... Not increased frame rates... Although I guess if it's unlocked then it makes sense you would

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lord help your soul if you receive a cancellation Email :wow:

Then I still reorganized and cleaned up the wires :yeshrug: I already got a 3080 anyway so I can wait if need be :lolbron:

Edit: thought I remembered you from a PS5 thread, hatin ass :russ:

This is stupid, smh. So mad nikkas sitting with preorders that may or may not be able to pay, lol.