The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Daps
I’ve been following this thread off and on for a while and just had a quick question. I’ve seen people talking about the lack of transparency from Sony about the PS5 and features and whatnot. Was it even originally their plan to release the PS5 this holiday season or did the new Xbox console in any way impact Sony plans for release? I mean it’s always great to get new hardware and to release it at a time of year when people are willing to spend money like the holidays (and not wait til 2021) but I can’t help but feel like a bigger concern would be missing out or getting behind with the next gen buyers who see another system is on the shelves and you don’t have anything new to offer until several months later.

I’m sure I’ll end up getting one anyway at some point but was just curious.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I’ve been following this thread off and on for a while and just had a quick question. I’ve seen people talking about the lack of transparency from Sony about the PS5 and features and whatnot. Was it even originally their plan to release the PS5 this holiday season or did the new Xbox console in any way impact Sony plans for release? I mean it’s always great to get new hardware and to release it at a time of year when people are willing to spend money like the holidays (and not wait til 2021) but I can’t help but feel like a bigger concern would be missing out or getting behind with the next gen buyers who see another system is on the shelves and you don’t have anything new to offer until several months later.

I’m sure I’ll end up getting one anyway at some point but was just curious.

They both were always slated for holiday 2020. Sony learned from the PS3 that you can’t come out a year after the competitor or it’ll be an uphill battle.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
What’s crazy is I had a digital and a disk (my preference) version in my cart and the digital came up first. I already had my phone in my hand, so I transferred it to my cart and it let my cop come the first time with Apple Pay.

Two minutes later the disk came up and I was gonna buy one of those too and it got to the checkout and wouldn’t let me purchase. I’m still holding out hope to get a disk so I can give the digital to my kid or sell it.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
What’s crazy is I had a digital and a disk (my preference) version in my cart and the digital came up first. I already had my phone in my hand, so I transferred it to my cart and it let my cop come the first time with Apple Pay.

Two minutes later the disk came up and I was gonna buy one of those too and it got to the checkout and wouldn’t let me purchase. I’m still holding out hope to get a disk so I can give the digital to my kid or sell it.

Are you using one of those product availability notification services?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anticipation is killing me so much now I’m looking for the pulse headset after already getting an extra controller and the charging station..three things I had no interest in at first.

I always was dead set on getting the extra controller/charging station since I do that for every system...I usually have to buy a 3rd party charging station tho (nyko)...so I got those out the way same day I preordered the consoles...I had no intention of getting the headset tho...I don’t like sony headsets cuz they’re relatively “heavy” and make my ears sweat since they practically cup them...I think I might be “victim” to anticipation as well...but I do need a new headset...I have some skullcandy joints that I originally bought when I was playing GTA V on the PS3 that are out of production

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I always was dead set on getting the extra controller/charging station since I do that for every system...I usually have to buy a 3rd party charging station tho (nyko)...so I got those out the way same day I preordered the consoles...I had no intention of getting the headset tho...I don’t like sony headsets cuz they’re relatively “heavy” and make my ears sweat since they practically cup them...I think I might be “victim” to anticipation as well...but I do need a new headset...I have some skullcandy joints that I originally bought when I was playing GTA V on the PS3 that are out of production

Damn, you might have the oldest pair of skullcandies in existence.