The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
just installed the dbrand plates and WD black drive using the following vids…

removing the plates was easy although not flawless as I was cautious about applying too much force, and make sure you lift as you push back…putting the plates on was literally a snap tho…drive installation was easy…just make sure you have the correct screwdriver(s) so you don’t strip the screws (I used 2…but you can get away with using one if you’re careful)

shyt looks GREAT in black…that white shyt is an eyesore…quality is good…the packaging was still very impressive despite all the unboxing videos I saw beforehand…it doesn’t match the midnight black controller exactly as it is just slightly slightly lighter…also as small as it is the sony logo on the bottom plate and the playstation logo on the top plate are not there so it looks very plain…although these missing details won’t be noticed once it’s in your TV stand…if you have it vertically on display tho, then it will be noticeable…I’ll definitely pick up midnight black plates if/when sony drops them for $99.99 :mjgrin:

*edit*

the blue light on all black when you turn it on :banderas:

might order soon

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
…this all black sooo sexy. :banderas:

think it looks sleeker too since I’m rocking the digital joint

Now you gotta get the red LED

maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty cheap too

Daps
I used to avoid looking at my PS5…now I can’t stop looking at it…shyt is sexy :ohlawd:

what the hell were they thinking not offering this in black out the gate???
because

it's too obvious Sony is going to release an all black PS5 Pro in late 2023/2024 with native 4k/60 and enhanced ray tracing+graphics for all PS5 games
$600 and yes it's an instant cop already :francis:
I know I'm stating the obvious but, Sony always wins :francis:
I'm really going to probably buy these plates, only for Sony to release the all black PS5 Pro that they KNOW we're all going to buy for $600 or more :snoop:
Basically buying the PS5 twice and $100+ more the 2nd time :bryan:
they won't go under either like the ps3 because you will have the gimped fake 4k/30 white and black regular ps5 :hhh: