The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Daps
How the PS5 stacks up against the new Nvidia graphics cards due to console development optimization

“upcoming consoles due to efficiency should perform around 3070 line”

“Direct storage needs to be implemented on a case by case basis when available, unlike consoles where it’s an integral part of the system. Consoles will get games that are not possible on PC for a while"

I expect studios like ND and Santa Monica to give us games w/ hyper realistic graphics and cool level design/game mechanics that takes advantage of the SSD

I think Cerny/Sony knew that PC would destroy them in terms of pure TFLOPs as always and decided to optimize the important variables in console game development hence
the SSD storage solution

People are underestimating what Sony's first part studios are going to be capable of w/ the PS5's new hardware that solves a lot of development constraints/problems

Despite this, I'm strongly considering building my first gaming PC for multiplatform games now instead of buying a Series X playing 4k/60-120fps+ consistently :patrice:

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get news by October. It's entirely possible for them to release info on Oct.1st and release it 7 weeks later exactly on November 19th. A week before Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Nintendo dropped the Switch only 50 days after it's reveal.