The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When the PS4 released, were there issues with the launch consoles?

I'm asking because I was talking with a coworker yesterday, and he said he was waiting to get a PS5 because defective PS4 consoles were released at launch.

I don't remember this at all :laugh:

I don’t remember anything (granted that was 7 years ago) but found this...

PlayStation 4 Launch Problems: Why Did Buyers Receive Defective Consoles?

...and yeah many ppl are adverse to day one-ing tech...some even go as far as not to fukk with gen one models until the kinks are worked out...I typically wait for a year in order for all the necessary patches/fixes to take place...idk this time I’m getting it early tho

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Daps
how do I pre order and where can I pre order at?
I never preordered a console before
I always waited a while after release
You can preorder from Best Buy, Amazon, Gamespot, etc. pretty much any major retailer that sells video games
I would recommend Amazon
I think you either put down a certain amount and pay the rest on release day or people were saying Amazon doesn't charge until they ship it out
I would google PS5 preorders and go to the major retailer sites

Daps
I don’t remember anything (granted that was 7 years ago) but found this...

PlayStation 4 Launch Problems: Why Did Buyers Receive Defective Consoles?

...and yeah many ppl are adverse to day one-ing tech...some even go as far as not to fukk with gen one models until the kinks are worked out...I typically wait for a year in order for all the necessary patches/fixes to take place...idk this time I’m getting it early tho
fukk all that. I'm getting mine day 1.
Normally I would wait a while after release but I don't want to deal with long term shortages and the PS5 will be too popular during pandemic time
There could be shortages for a while with everyone stuck inside wanting to play video games

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk all that. I'm getting mine day 1.
Normally I would wait a while after release but I don't want to deal with long term shortages and the PS5 will be too popular during pandemic time
There could be shortages for a while with everyone stuck inside wanting to play video games

same 1000%

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
RUMOR:PS5 is releasing this year sometime in November for several hundred dollars. Information to be revealed soon.
I heard it was releasing sometime in the Holiday season for a few hundred bucks and theyll have details in the coming weeks :patrice:, according to someone close to the industry of course.