The OFFICIAL NWA Wrestling thread. . . I guess

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
NWA CHANGES NEXT MONTH'S PPV MAIN EVENT, PULLS NICK ALDIS FROM MATCH

NWA Champion Trevor Murdoch will now face NWA TV Champion Tyrus in the main event of the NWA 74 PPV weekend in St. Louis. NWA President Billy Corgan announced the change during an appearance on SiriusXM's Busted Open radio show this morning. During the appearance, Corgan complained about Aldis' politicking behind the scenes and that "no one is unhappier" than Aldis.

While things can always be turned into a storyline work, there is some truth to what Corgan claimed in that two sides are not currently getting along anywhere near the level they used to in the past. Sources close to the situation have described the situation as things slowly eroding and finally boiling over between the two.

One source stated that Aldis has been critical of the creative direction for the NWA, which is 100% Corgan's vision at this point, and that led to a breakdown. Another source stated that there was "magma level" heat towards Aldis for promoting himself above the NWA and for his constantly speaking out regarding Corgan's creative decisions. Obviously, the two sides have a bridge to mend going forward.

Aldis tweeted the following in response to Corgan's Busted Open appearance:

PWInsider.com is told that as of this afternoon, Aldis is still booked on the PPV and that a new opponent for him will be announced. Aldis had won a tournament to earn a title shot on NWA Powerrr.

Aldis, who has been a central figure and likely the most important talent in Corgan's incarnation of the National Wrestling Alliance, is under contract with the promotion through the end of the year.

This all seems like a work but if it isn't you really can't argue with Nick Aldis questioning Billy Corgan's creative decision when he is trying to put on a PPV with Trevor Murdoch vs Tyrus as the main event.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This all seems like a work but if it isn't you really can't argue with Nick Aldis questioning Billy Corgan's creative decision when he is trying to put on a PPV with Trevor Murdoch vs Tyrus as the main event.

If we're being honest, is Trevor Murdoch vs Nick Aldis any better? I seriously don't know who the ideal watcher of these shows is supposed to be with this booking.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If we're being honest, is Trevor Murdoch vs Nick Aldis any better? I seriously don't know who the ideal watcher of these shows is supposed to be with this booking.
Yeah the fact that Nick Aldis has been locked in as NWA's biggest star for so long and that they are still going with the Trevor Murdoch stuff isn't great either.
But it all becomes so much worse when Tyrus is not only a belt holder in your fed but also main eventing PPVs.

I have been wondering for a while now why Corgan doesn't seem to want to give these top spots to The Pope or JTG.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the fact that Nick Aldis has been locked in as NWA's biggest star for so long and that they are still going with the Trevor Murdoch stuff isn't great either.
But it all becomes so much worse when Tyrus is not only a belt holder in your fed but also main eventing PPVs.

I have been wondering for a while now why Corgan doesn't seem to want to give these top spots to The Pope or JTG.

Or literally anyone else?

With the sheer volume of people in the business right now, I'm not sure how he can't find a way to get newer talent in prominent positions.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Or literally anyone else?

With the sheer volume of people in the business right now, I'm not sure how he can't find a way to get newer talent in prominent positions.
I read that Corgan and Tyrus are both big Trump loving Republicans so that is why Corgan keeps giving Tyrus pushes.
I have no clue why he still thinks Nick Aldis is a star.
But he's basically been running NWA into the ground since coming back after the pandemic shut down.
The only highlight was the all women's card.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read that Corgan and Tyrus are both big Trump loving Republicans so that is why Corgan keeps giving Tyrus pushes.
I have no clue why he still thinks Nick Aldis is a star.
But he's basically been running NWA into the ground since coming back after the pandemic shut down.
The only highlight was the all women's card.

Oh yeah, Corgan is all in on that dumb shyt. Like, homies with Alex Jones in on it.

Yeah, he's completely wasting the brand name at this point. Realistically speaking, their absolute ceiling is probably being a talent incubator similar to what ECW was, which the current wrestling scene desperately needs. Nothing wrong with that. Instead, it's mostly just "Oh, I remember that guy." Cards booked out like a poster from the Indy Wrestling thread.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before the pandemic hit NWA was entertaining with Thunder Rosa, Ricky Starks, Eddie Kingston and others. But now they are pushing Tyrus and Murdoch?:wtf:
There's gotta be better talent on the Indies than that.

Bruh, they could easily fill out more enticing cards by using non signed AEW Dark talent.

They could do better by booking bored talent waiting for the next GCW show.

They could do better by just opening Fite TV, looking at whatever random ass cards are running any given week, finding whatever random dude is holding a struggle ass belt while tryna look tough in the promo poster for half of them, and linking up.

I got nothing against folks like JTG or the Pope, but trying to get by on nostalgia for wrestlers from the bottom end of one of the WWE's down periods is crazy.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas

:skip: Sure Billy

"it was obvious that once Aldis dropped the title, it was clearly going to go to him." lol was it really now? mans was in the middle of a tag title run, the pandemic hit, they dropped the title some months later, then boom, he's in NXT.

from that same interview:
Chris: "what do you look for in new talent for the NWA?"
Billy: "...I don't like clones."

:stopitslime::stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

:skip: Sure Billy

This the same carny who currently owes Nick aldis money, and squandered the goodwill nwa had during COVID.

Billy on a media run today

They could've before aew was made. I actually envisioned an nwa where they had very light contracts and wrestlers can pass thru between companies or events, and be a bit of a catch all. Like, an nwa card where the Roh title, nwa title, defy belt, a AAA vs NJPW match, and a recent WWE deavored could be on the same card, under the nwa banner.

He's a shytty business partner be it music or wrasslin