The OFFICIAL NWA Wrestling thread. . . I guess

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California

:francis: :francis: Haus of Wrestling is reporting that a cocaine spot with Jim Mitchell upset people at The CW and there is now "an active push by those higher-up at The CW" for NWA programming to only air on The CW app instead of their linear TV channel. If this happens, then it would be devastating for the promotion and could cause them to have less visibility than they do now on their YouTube channel.

The controversial spot showed Jim Mitchell sitting at a table with women around him who were drinking alcohol. During the segment, it was made to look like Mitchell was snorting cocaine off the table before passing it around to everyone around him.

The CW was reportedly flooded with social media comments after the segment aired and now there is said to be a "90% chance" that the planned NWA reality show and Powerrr show will be moved to the app.

Furthermore, Haus of Wrestling reports that the reality show was fully paid for by Corgan, not The CW and Corgan was optimistic about the exposure from being on The CW helping the company sell tickets to their shows along with improved merchandise sales. There was also a hope that if the first season of the reality series did well, they could get guaranteed money for season two.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
We joke about cocaine-fueled promoters all the time, but this idiot Corgan actually approved this gimmick just before starting a broadcasting deal:wtf:

This man had barely mobile fat slob Tyrus as his champ. The same guy who turned his multiplatinum selling band into a garbage NIN ripoff. He’s not very bright

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
We joke about cocaine-fueled promoters all the time, but this idiot Corgan actually approved this gimmick just before starting a broadcasting deal:wtf:
Not gon act like we’re all know-it-alls but how many of us here would agree that’s a DUMB ass turn to take before hopping onto a nationally syndicated network?

MLW like y’all don’t even deserve them app slots :gucci:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
What blows my mind the most about this CW TV contract deal is basically it sounds like the only reason CW was even interested in the NWA was because being able to air stuff from Billy Corgan's wedding was part of the package deal. And for some reason they REALLY wanted to air footage from his wedding. Who the fukk is clamoring to watch Corgan getting married?

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Not gon act like we’re all know-it-alls but how many of us here would agree that’s a DUMB ass turn to take before hopping onto a nationally syndicated network?

MLW would kill to land itself on the CW. I could imagine that they'll kill to be on Ion because that's OTA.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
:francis: :francis: Haus of Wrestling is reporting that a cocaine spot with Jim Mitchell upset people at The CW and there is now "an active push by those higher-up at The CW" for NWA programming to only air on The CW app instead of their linear TV channel. If this happens, then it would be devastating for the promotion and could cause them to have less visibility than they do now on their YouTube channel.

The controversial spot showed Jim Mitchell sitting at a table with women around him who were drinking alcohol. During the segment, it was made to look like Mitchell was snorting cocaine off the table before passing it around to everyone around him.

The CW was reportedly flooded with social media comments after the segment aired and now there is said to be a "90% chance" that the planned NWA reality show and Powerrr show will be moved to the app.

Furthermore, Haus of Wrestling reports that the reality show was fully paid for by Corgan, not The CW and Corgan was optimistic about the exposure from being on The CW helping the company sell tickets to their shows along with improved merchandise sales. There was also a hope that if the first season of the reality series did well, they could get guaranteed money for season two.
As much as we joke about Tony Kahn, maybe it's Billy Corgan that is the new Dixie Carter

• Dap
Reactions: 907

br82186

Superstar
Daps

Meanwhile IMPACT/TNA is still on a network no one gives a damn about and MLW can't get a channel with WWE's monopoly having asses trying to play interference.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
So is the CW deal officially:dead:or did the NXT deal move them completely to the app
Could we see a wrestling block of NXT & NWA back-to-back:ohhh:like Destination America try to do with TNA/Impact & ROH

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
So is the CW deal officially:dead:or did the NXT deal move them completely to the app
Could we see a wrestling block of NXT & NWA back-to-back:ohhh:like Destination America try to do with TNA/Impact & ROH
NWA deal is dead now and I doubt a deal was ever signed. Apparently CW was in discussions for months with WWE for NXT. Why would they sign NWA before they knew rather they would get NXT or not? WWE isn’t going to allow NWA (or any other wrestling promotion) on the same network as their programming. Sounds like Corgan jumped the gun before anything was legally agreed to.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
NWA deal is dead now and I doubt a deal was ever signed. Apparently CW was in discussions for months with WWE for NXT. Why would they sign NWA before they knew rather they would get NXT or not? WWE isn’t going to allow NWA (or any other wrestling promotion) on the same network as their programming. Sounds like Corgan jumped the gun before anything was legally agreed to.
Seems like the stupid cocaine spot made it way easier for them to accept the WWE offer. CW was talking to both & i bet they wanted the cheaper option since the network been cutting cost with programing but that stupidness turn them completely off