The OFFICIAL MICHIGAN FOOTBALL TEAM 145 THREAD: THE LEADERS, THE BEST, THE VICTORS and THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

WILL MICHIGAN REPEAT as UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Harbaugh really left the cupboard bare. The 3 straight years of flirting with the NFL hurt recruiting at the QB and WR position. No reason why those positions should be this bad man.

IMO the lack of WR talent is worse than the QB. Nobody can at WR can just make a "wow" play. We have no play makers at WR.

If Michigan wants Moore to succeed then they will have to change their approach to recruiting. Just drop the bag on these players. Everyone else is doing it. If Michigan keeps this approach then we will become Stanford.

Offseason we gotta go hard in the portal to get WRs and a QB. Just pay dudes whatever they want. Also, we gotta look at changing some personal on the coaching staff. Wink Martin should be first on the list of coaches to go. THe game has past him by. Harbaugh went through a number of coaches until he found the right ones. We gotta let Moore have the chance to get the right coaches.

Offensive line will probably be better next year after the experience they gained this year. Alot of them need another year of S&C.

Season is over. I don't even care to watch any more games this year. We will easily lose to Oregon and OSU. Wouldn't be shocked if we lost to MSU honestly.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
you would need a JJ level QB to hide the deficiencies with our OL, lack of receiving threats beyond Loveland, bad offensive play calling, young secondary, and lack of defensive depth.

I agree with @Dem313wayz that WR is the biggest issue given Campbell's insistence of being "balanced" on offense and killing drives where we run it down their throats with dumb pass plays.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Impossible that there wasn’t better qbs than what they have in the portal.

The best QBs had already entered the portal on the first wave. Those dates were from Dec 4 through Jan 2. Obviusly we were preparing for the CFP playoffs.

We got no choice to hit the portal hard this year especially at WR.

New president Santa Ono talked a big game last year. Now it's time for him to earn his keep. Harbaugh is no longer here. What you gonna do now?

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
The best QBs had already entered the portal on the first wave. Those dates were from Dec 4 through Jan 2. Obviusly we were preparing for the CFP playoffs.

We got no choice to hit the portal hard this year especially at WR.

New president Santa Ono talked a big game last year. Now it's time for him to earn his keep. Harbaugh is no longer here. What you gonna do now?
Ono talked that talk when he got hired, but he’s been checked ever since. Reagents told him what time it was. At this point, he’s no more an ally to Michigan football than Warde is.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I'll be glad to see Martindale go, but IDK about Campbell. Unlike bumass Weiss, he's actually gotten us some promising QB commits coming in.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I'll be glad to see Martindale go, but IDK about Campbell. Unlike bumass Weiss, he's actually gotten us some promising QB commits coming in.

CS on Martindale. I always suspected he was a stop gap hire anyways.

Campbell idk about him either but we can't fully judge him with the piss poor talent on offense

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Harbaugh really left the cupboard bare. The 3 straight years of flirting with the NFL hurt recruiting at the QB and WR position. No reason why those positions should be this bad man.
Yeah that didn't help but lbr, Harbaugh had those NFL rumors swirling since the first season. Didn't stop us from getting good QB recruits. I blame Matt Weiss pedophile ass because the QBs and receivers we see now are the fruits of his garbage recruiting.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Man this Campbell apologism is insane.

The defense turned Washington over and Campbell stops a Mullings game winning drive to let Tuttle be the hero. This is 1 of example of something he does every game multiple drives a game.

He sucked at Old Dominion to the point they fired him.

How long is the Weiss excuse going to last? Look at our 2025 QB commit... a raw 3-4 year project.

Bellamy definitely had enough time in the program to own what the WR room looks like.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Man this Campbell apologism is insane.

The defense turned Washington over and Campbell stops a Mullings game winning drive to let Tuttle be the hero. This is 1 of example of something he does every game multiple drives a game.

He sucked at Old Dominion to the point they fired him.

How long is the Weiss excuse going to last? Look at our 2025 QB commit... a raw 3-4 year project.

Bellamy definitely had enough time in the program to own what the WR room looks like.
I think the Wiess issue boils down to him not being able to restock the QB room. And we're feeling it now more than ever.

I've given Bellamy a pass for a couple years now.. because at least the receivers were able to throw a block. Now, they cant even do that. And its not like he's some don on the recruiting trail. I'd be more than ok with an upgrade there, this offseason.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I think the Wiess issue boils down to him not being able to restock the QB room. And we're feeling it now more than ever.

Yes but are Jadyn Davis/Carter Smith really the level of QB that instills faith the ship will be righted? I personally think Campbell needs a NFL level QB to make his playcalling work and I don't see that with either guy and I don't see us getting that out of the portal.

We can mention Brady Hart but he won't see a college field until the decision has been made on Sherrone and co.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Yes but are Jadyn Davis/Carter Smith really the level of QB that instills faith the ship will be righted? I personally think Campbell needs a NFL level QB to make his playcalling work and I don't see that with either guy and I don't see us getting that out of the portal.

We can mention Brady Hart but he won't see a college field until the decision has been made on Sherrone and co.

Davis can be a very good college QB. I don't think he has big pro potential. That's why I believe WR is a more pressing need than QB

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Davis is already bytchmade to most of the fanbase. Not being available to play because your parents want you to redshirt is sketchy. All we need is a guy to move the chains on 3rd down, and not turn it over too much. If Davis is that guy, but you (as a team) are handicapped because his mom and dad don't want him playing year 1, then that's a problem. No matter how you look at it.

I mean lets be real tho. Davis doesn't posses arm strength or speed. He's a low 4/high 3 star recruit. You can see it on his film. His long ball hangs in the air. Most of his throws have no zip. And he tries to avoid running for yards whenever he can. I'm not sure he's gonna be the answer to anything.

Carter Smith seems like he's got some potential, but dude is raw as hell. He's just a straight up athlete. Throwing motion has gotten CRAZY better, but these aren't the types of convos we should be having if someone's gonna be able to come right in and compete.

The only answer is the portal. It's not like we're gonna be making a deep run this year.. so all of the 'we were busy with game prep' shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention, that's a terrible excuse to bot cover all of your bases anyway. That's on the staff. (Mostly Harbaugh)