The OFFICIAL MICHIGAN FOOTBALL TEAM 145 THREAD: THE LEADERS, THE BEST, THE VICTORS and THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

WILL MICHIGAN REPEAT as UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Tuttle :buckPhil: :buckPhil: :buckPhil: . Whole scUM world excited bout Jack Tuttle

mase-lol.gif

@Trav

dusty-rhodes-hard-times.gif
Yall know a lil something about hard times after last night...:sas2:

Difference between yall and Dusty is there is no championship in yalls future.:sas1:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC

One more thing, I asked one of my sources why we didn't see more of Amorion Walker after his nice catch. That left him shaking his head. In his opinion, there are several frustrating personnel decisions being repeated. Walker and Fred Moore are two of the more explosive receivers on the team, each capable of getting separation. They are not yet ferocious blockers, which we know is a must for Ron Bellamy, but once the QB change was made, and the tone of the offense shifted to more pass ... well, it was a missed opportunity to get them on the field more.
Offense desperately in need of big play receivers and we're letting ours ride the bench because they arent "ferocious blockers" :mjlol:

See this is why I say we need an entire new approach to our offense man. Just dumb as hell and makes no sense.

Reminds me they used to rave about DPJ's blocking and punt return skills.:mjlol:

And how has that helped him at the next level? How did that help him reach his full potential at Michigan? They talking about blocking but he was inconsistent at getting open and catching the ball.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Offense desperately in need of big play receivers and we're letting ours ride the bench because they arent "ferocious blockers" :mjlol:

See this is why I say we need an entire new approach to our offense man. Just dumb as hell and makes no sense.

Reminds me they used to rave about DPJ's blocking and punt return skills.:mjlol:

And how has that helped him at the next level? How did that help him reach his full potential at Michigan? They talking about blocking but he was inconsistent at getting open and catching the ball.
I've been sayin for a minute now that Bellamy aint it. And its not like he's an A1 recruiter neither. We need an offensive rehaul. I caught myself watching that OSU-Oregon game yesterday, and wondering how cool it would be for my team to have plays called like that. Oregon's offensive kept ME on my toes.. and they rush it quite a bit too.

We've got guys coming into the program that can run that. Grab a portal QB and we've got the backs to run the system. Jordan Marshall, Ben Hall, Cole Cabana.. all of those dudes can run and catch the ball out of the backfield.

A portal receiver with Andrew Marsh would give us two real good receivers, and we've got 3-4 good tight ends coming back (Not to mention if Olesh sticks, he can probably start on day 1.)

We've just gotta embrace the change in philosophy. Keep building through the trenches. That doesn't mean we have to ignore the skill positions.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I've been sayin for a minute now that Bellamy aint it. And its not like he's an A1 recruiter neither. We need an offensive rehaul. I caught myself watching that OSU-Oregon game yesterday, and wondering how cool it would be for my team to have plays called like that. Oregon's offensive kept ME on my toes.. and they rush it quite a bit too.

We've got guys coming into the program that can run that. Grab a portal QB and we've got the backs to run the system. Jordan Marshall, Ben Hall, Cole Cabana.. all of those dudes can run and catch the ball out of the backfield.

A portal receiver with Andrew Marsh would give us two real good receivers, and we've got 3-4 good tight ends coming back (Not to mention if Olesh sticks, he can probably start on day 1.)

We've just gotta embrace the change in philosophy. Keep building through the trenches. That doesn't mean we have to ignore the skill positions.
Breh I feel the same way. Oregon, Texas, Bama, Ole Miss, LSU are just some examples that we can look after.
They still utilize the run but recruit and develop skill players as well.

LSU had one of the most outdated offenses in the SEC in 2016 and three years later they had the most dynamic one in football. They got a coach who could maximize their talent to the fullest. Michigan needs a Joe Brady.

But you thinking Olesh is better than Prieskorn? :whoo:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Breh I feel the same way. Oregon, Texas, Bama, Ole Miss, LSU are just some examples that we can look after.
They still utilize the run but recruit and develop skill players as well.

LSU had one of the most outdated offenses in the SEC in 2016 and three years later they had the most dynamic one in football. They got a coach who could maximize their talent to the fullest. Michigan needs a Joe Brady.

But you thinking Olesh is better than Prieskorn? :whoo:
I do think Olesh is better than Brady. But that's not to say Brady cant play. I think both of them and Klein are gonna get the majority of snaps at TE. I like them 3 better than Hansen and Marshall. I can see Marshall being the next Bredeson after this year. With Eli Owens taking over for Marshall.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I do think Olesh is better than Brady. But that's not to say Brady cant play. I think both of them and Klein are gonna get the majority of snaps at TE. I like them 3 better than Hansen and Marshall. I can see Marshall being the next Bredeson after this year. With Eli Owens taking over for Marshall.
I wonder what the plan is with Tonielli. When he first committed, I thought he could be used as a big body receiver if nothing else, but he was pretty skinny for a tight end

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
"There's no commitment to doing it — but one of the things that stands out is in our stadium, in Michigan Stadium," Manuel said. "We have prided ourselves, we've had a history of no signage, no advertising in Michigan Stadium. As our fans go to other locations, they'll see how people have utilized their stadiums to bring in revenue. Now, the good news is, we have a source that is untapped at this point in time. Not that we have plans right now to do that, but that's one of the sense of questions that we want to get our fans to say: How would you like to see us develop revenue streams that would support our student-athletes? Is it ticket price increases? Is it through corporate sponsorship? Is it through looking at other premium options that others have, those kind of things?"

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I cant say this enough.. Warde's not the guy to take this athletic department to where it could go. If Ono had the power to can him, I think he would've already.

I mean im not mad at this...the money is going to have to come from somewhere sustainable ... either increased ticket prices, billboards, jersey patches etc

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Spath this afternoon...

Maybe. A lot has to happen, obviously. Funny that CB wrote an article on this today because that was the theme of my conversations with sources inside the program the last few days. A recap of how they're looking at their team position by position as it stands today:

QB
100% intending on getting a Top 5 transfer. Jadyn Davis might be the guy some day but Michigan would look at portal players with a lone year of experience and guys with two years if someone like that makes sense. There is very much an idea that U-M will be looking for a transfer again in 2026, biding time until one of their big-time recruits is ready.

RB
They like what they have in the room between Ben Hall and Jordan Marshall and the recruits they have coming in. They would not turn down a phone call if someone expresses interest but they probably won't be actively hunting.

WR
These last six games are critical to what they do. The expectation is they will go hard after 1-2 transfer candidates, but they think this position is significantly better than it has shown and place significant blame on the QB spot. Semaj Morgan, Tyler Morris, Amorion Walker, Fred Moore ... will any step up? If all four do, U-M will feel a lot better about things and still will look for a No. 1 but won't be as desperate. However, that's a best-case scenario for a position group that has earned an F so far this year.

TE
Would not expect Michigan to look for portal help at all as they really like Klein as the featured tight end next year and there is a lot of good depth. They think there could be a bigger role for Bredeson too if he opts for a fifth year.

OL
They are very bullish on the OL, feeling there is tremendous depth and young talent. That said, they still like Evan Link and Dom Giudice and the rest of us are scratching our heads on those two. Would expect them to look for a perfect fit of someone that can come in and start after being a long-time starter elsewhere. Despite what they say about Giudice and Crippen, think they'll give a long look at centers.

DT
So much will hinge on Rayshaun Benny and whether they can lure him back with the one-more year fund. He could be a game wrecker. They really like Enow Etta and the sense is a DE or two could slide inside but it's a position they'll look to address.

DE
Derrick Moore has another year of eligibility and they'll need him to return and stay healthy. They really like TJ Guy. They'll be looking to add a proven pass rusher, though.

LB
Hausmann and Barham both have eligibility remaining. Both are expected back though you never know. They also really like several young guys, including Rolder, Pollard and Sullivan. I don't expect them to look for linebackers.

DBs
Similar to OL, they really like this group. They think Jyaire Hill will be their No. 1 next year (but keep an eye on that as it would make him a desirable portal target by the schools that cheat). Zeke Berry they won't take for granted and let another Keon Sabb situation occur. They're going to need safety help if Rod Moore moves on, which ... he could come back for a fifth year. That said it was a major coup to get him back for 2024 and he's had a major injury. A lot will depend on what NFL folks are telling him. If he's projected Top 90 pick, it would be very hard for him to return.

That said, one of my sources said that if there was a priority list for how the money would be allocated it would look like this:

1) QB
2) Rod Moore
3) Rayshaun Benny
4) WR
5) WR

I should have another update on the team later this week. The chatter has been very positive, but again, I'm skeptical.