The OFFICIAL MICHIGAN FOOTBALL TEAM 145 THREAD: THE LEADERS, THE BEST, THE VICTORS and THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

WILL MICHIGAN REPEAT as UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Davis is already bytchmade to most of the fanbase. Not being available to play because your parents want you to redshirt is sketchy. All we need is a guy to move the chains on 3rd down, and not turn it over too much. If Davis is that guy, but you (as a team) are handicapped because his mom and dad don't want him playing year 1, then that's a problem. No matter how you look at it.

I mean lets be real tho. Davis doesn't posses arm strength or speed. He's a low 4/high 3 star recruit. You can see it on his film. His long ball hangs in the air. Most of his throws have no zip. And he tries to avoid running for yards whenever he can. I'm not sure he's gonna be the answer to anything.

Carter Smith seems like he's got some potential, but dude is raw as hell. He's just a straight up athlete. Throwing motion has gotten CRAZY better, but these aren't the types of convos we should be having if someone's gonna be able to come right in and compete.

The only answer is the portal. It's not like we're gonna be making a deep run this year.. so all of the 'we were busy with game prep' shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention, that's a terrible excuse to bot cover all of your bases anyway. That's on the staff. (Mostly Harbaugh)

I agree on Davis about his arm strength. Buy with these piss poor weapons and avg o line I'm fine with him red shirting. Last thing we need is for his confidence to get broken

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
The best QBs had already entered the portal on the first wave. Those dates were from Dec 4 through Jan 2. Obviusly we were preparing for the CFP playoffs.

We got no choice to hit the portal hard this year especially at WR.

New president Santa Ono talked a big game last year. Now it's time for him to earn his keep. Harbaugh is no longer here. What you gonna do now?
I don’t care bout none of that. Michigan could’ve gotten a competent qb.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

(Its time stamped)

Klatt is 100000000000000% on point here. I found myself asking the same thing while watching, with the defensive calls.

Sending 6 and dropping back in zone? :gucci: Huh?

Bunch formation with 3 out wide and only having 2 defenders to defend them? While having 2 defenders out wide on a single receiver on the other side of the field? :gucci:

Sending a safety blitz in 85% of third and longs? :gucci:

Someone said it on the forums and it made a million percent sense. Wink's an OG. And he's used to teaching scheme, not player development. In the NFL, the majority of guys are there to earn a check and they've done enough to 'make it'

College in a whole different animal.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If Jadyn Davis doesn’t want to play now given what’s in front of him, I’m not interested in seeing him in 2025 or 26. He was an early enrollee that participated in bowl practices. Either way we will all find out 1000% about Sherrone Moore this offseason. No more questions needed.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

(Its time stamped)

Klatt is 100000000000000% on point here. I found myself asking the same thing while watching, with the defensive calls.

Sending 6 and dropping back in zone? :gucci: Huh?

Bunch formation with 3 out wide and only having 2 defenders to defend them? While having 2 defenders out wide on a single receiver on the other side of the field? :gucci:

Sending a safety blitz in 85% of third and longs? :gucci:

Someone said it on the forums and it made a million percent sense. Wink's an OG. And he's used to teaching scheme, not player development. In the NFL, the majority of guys are there to earn a check and they've done enough to 'make it'

College in a whole different animal.

Wink was too old to go back to college. If no NFL team wanted him as a DC, Michigan shouldn’t either. We’ll see how fast Sherrone fixes mistakes

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
If Jadyn Davis doesn’t want to play now given what’s in front of him, I’m not interested in seeing him in 2025 or 26. He was an early enrollee that participated in bowl practices. Either way we will all find out 1000% about Sherrone Moore this offseason. No more questions needed.
The more I think about it, the more i realize that dude might never take a meaningful snap at UM (minus injury to starters)

I think it's highly likely that we try and get an instant impact QB in the portal this offseason. To the point where if he's gettin a bag dropped at his feet, then I'm assuming UM's gonna want a ROI .. which means Jadyn's gonna be backup. If that QB has multiple years left and not only one, then we'll have carter Smith with a year and a half (he's an early enrollee) in the program too. I see higher upside with Smith right now. The after Smith, we've got another early enrollee in Brady Hart. Not to mention, a decision hasn't been made if Hart might reclassify to 2025 instead of 2026. So that could be an option too.

So either Davis gets with the program, and does what the team needs, or his career at UM could be over before it ever even starts.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Sherrone hinted at Jadyn being available this season on Inside Michigan Football tonight so it sounds like insiders are BS'ing.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Sherrone hinted at Jadyn being available this season on Inside Michigan Football tonight so it sounds like insiders are BS'ing.
That's weird. Sometimes sites bullshyt, but him not being available was reported by every damn site (rivals, On3 and 24/7)

I hope he's being truthful.. cause god forbid Tuttle goes down, I really don't wanna have to see Orji/Warren again.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Color me skeptical but internally there is plenty of optimism

now that Michigan has its quarterback. Barring injury, Jack Tuttle will be the guy the rest of the way. In a perfect world, he would have been the guy all along, but obviously injuries played a role. That he got in there last week, ahead of schedule, had everything to do with the desperation the coaching staff felt and the unequivocal admittance that try as he might, Alex Orji was not it.

I mentioned last week that coming off the bye there would be serious discussion about switching QBs. It would have been difficult if Orji was 3-0 as the starter, but there was momentum inside the program to make the switch regardless. The x-factor was of course Tuttle's arm strength, which wasn't close to 100% last Saturday but was good enough. He offered a steady, veteran presence at a moment when it could have gotten very ugly, a 14-0 deficit could have been 28-0 at the half.

The coaches will never admit this but they never fully bought into Orji as their guy and were extremely slow to adapt the offense to his strengths. There were obviously slight tweaks week to week, but not the wholesale changes to put him in the best position to be successful. When he started the game 3 of 7, and U-M was down two scores, it provided the staff the perfect cover to make a switch.

Now, the belief is Michigan can run the full gamut of its offensive playbook, with Tuttle as a weapon as a runner in addition to his passing potential. No one is talking about it - which defies belief - but U-M still very much has a receiver problem. The coaches think they will show dramatic improvement with Tuttle under center. "Sometimes the second or third read were there but Alex never made it through his progressions" and the belief is that with some confidence, all the receivers will make big gains.

This is a big week for the offensive line too as it appears all positions are being evaluated. Incredibly, there hasn't been a change at right tackle despite Evan Link posting the worst pass-blocking grade week after week, but Michigan is looking at this bye week as a reset. A few positions are locked (Tuttle, Mullings, Edwards, Loveland), but everything else is getting a fresh look as the Wolverines attempt to save their season.

Defensively, there is a stubbornness in place that isn't good for anybody. As one source noted, it reminded him of the Don Brown days when DB was convinced it wasn't about scheme or play-calling but execution, refusing to acknowledge his deficiencies. Wink is certain the lightbulb will go on for the secondary with more practice and experience. One of the issues with this Michigan defensive staff (and really the whole staff) is a lack of big-time college experience, and no one really has the experience and moxie to challenge the status quo.

Of course, it would help if the veterans on the back end, Will Johnson and Makari Paige, weren't making glaring errors. Johnson has at least deterred teams from throwing his way, but Paige has been one of the defense's worst players this season, always one step from where he needs to be in allowing big plays. He's also dropped 2-3 interceptions that would have been game-changers.

One of the more underappreciated aspects of Mikey Sainristill's career was how sure a tackler he was, and how many times he closed quickly to get his hands on a pass. His replacement, Zeke Berry, is a poor tackler, a symptom of this defense overall.

One more thing, I asked one of my sources why we didn't see more of Amorion Walker after his nice catch. That left him shaking his head. In his opinion, there are several frustrating personnel decisions being repeated. Walker and Fred Moore are two of the more explosive receivers on the team, each capable of getting separation. They are not yet ferocious blockers, which we know is a must for Ron Bellamy, but once the QB change was made, and the tone of the offense shifted to more pass ... well, it was a missed opportunity to get them on the field more.

Oh, I'm adding another comment ... I asked about the transfer portal and Michigan very much intends to use it to address its quarterback situation next season. I asked if there were any early names, but they didn't have any (or none they wanted to share). What I did find promising was an acknowledgement that they needed to get the best QB on the market. This isn't about bringing in a quarterback to compete, but bringing in a bona fide starter.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Tuttle :buckPhil: :buckPhil: :buckPhil: . Whole scUM world excited bout Jack Tuttle

mase-lol.gif

@Trav

dusty-rhodes-hard-times.gif