was just reminiscing about LA in the 90s
shyt has changed drastically as far as black culture in LA goes

pouring at Old E' and Erk and Jerk for
42nd place& Broadway
95th& Figueroa
104th& Crenshaw
:mjcry::mjcry:

i don't know where to go now

Where are the places in LA where you can see/chill with a good amount of Black people? Living out in O.C. have me missing being back in Cleveland/Columbus at times :to:.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
21-23 is when shyt just getting started in NYC :lolbron:

Guess we know what the better city is
Same could be said for LA if you're pockets ain't deep. In that case it be more like 28-35 ish..But my breh is a CEO....so I got to experience a lot shyt peeps ain't have access too, unless you're born a rich cac..

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Where are the places in LA where you can see/chill with a good amount of Black people? Living out in O.C. have me missing being back in Cleveland/Columbus at times :to:.
OC :dahell: @smitty22 come get your boy.
That's a republican stronghold. It's very :mjpls:.

But Carson,LBC, leimertpark, Culver City,ladera heights, Inglewood are all black areas with a strong middle / working black presence. Can't forget about the famous Baldwin hills if you caking...

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Same could be said for LA if you're pockets ain't deep. In that case it be more like 28-35 ish..But my breh is a CEO....so I got to experience a lot shyt peeps ain't have access too, unless you're born a rich cac..
Nah, LA doesn't have the cultural or ethnic diversity that NYC has. It probably would get boring fast. NYC never gets boring

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Always trip me out when I used to visit family in the 90s I saw a lot of my people living around my relatives house and as I got older I noticed more Mexicans moving ineach year I visited LA and now its it's mainly Mexicans in her neighborhood
The Shaw is still majority Black from Adams to Imperial. But it's no where near like the glory days of 80s and 90s.:mjcry:
Mos def, a lot peeps took the bait and moved out to the I.E. and Palmdale / Lancaster out in the middle of nowhere. I dig they was trying get a better more renovated place, along with a change of scenery for their family. But they just gave up prime real-estate in the city for practically nothing. And now live in the middle of nowhere.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Nah, LA doesn't have the cultural or ethnic diversity that NYC has. It probably would get boring fast. NYC never gets boring
Boring is subjective there's always shyt to do, events and festivals. Truth is most people can't even get into most of the shyt LA has to offer because they don't know the right people or pockets ain't deep enough. I just don't fukk with clubs and house parties anymore because I've been around that shyt since I started getting my dock wet at 14. But most people who come here do the the Hollywood tours, go to the Santa Monica pier, then walk along Venice beach and think that's all LA has to offer. :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Been here since 1999.

Lived in San Pedro Carson Torrance west l.a the valley and Pasadena.

I see myself living here but in terms of property it's just a nightmare.

Wish I had met a wife and bought a house a long time ago like 2008

Not trying to move to the desert with all those drug addict white folks.

Who knows. May end up in Texas eventually but it's such a great place to live it's difficult to break away from

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Boring is subjective there's always shyt to do, events and festivals. Truth is most people can't even get into most of the shyt LA has to offer because they don't know the right people or pockets ain't deep enough. I just don't fukk with clubs and house parties anymore because I've been around that shyt since I started getting my dock wet at 14. But most people who come here do the the Hollywood tours, go to the Santa Monica pier, then walk along Venice beach and think that's all LA has to offer. :mjlol:
It just reinforces why NY is better. Anyone can come and experience what this city has to offer :yeshrug:

Any ethnic group you can think of, their women and food are here

You can chop it up and network with people in public because everyone is stacked on top of each other

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Been here since 1999.

Who knows. May end up in Texas eventually but it's such a great place to live it's difficult to break away from
Just keep on holding out breh. Trump is going make America great again, I promise. Recession is on the way in 2018, so the housing market could come crashing. Dawg.....there's levels to this housing shyt out here.....

I just wish more affluent Brehs and brehettes lived closer together in the city. I'm not trying own a dope ass home near a bunch of Cacs. :mjpls:

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
Mos def, a lot of people are being priced out: blacks,Hispanics, whites etc.
There's a real socioeconomic divide within in the city, that's playing out, just like in every other major city. Areas that were predominantly black or had a decent black population, like mid-wilshire area in between mid-city and the miracle mile area used to be a strong black working / middle class area, but now it's predominantly Hispanic. Hispanics are able to move in because they pair up and pool their money together. So a 2br2ba place might have like 7-10 people living together. I remember one place I lived had like 13 Asian peeps living together.

this is real talk

this is how they come up in society tho, keep their living costs low while they stackin n grinding

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just keep on holding out breh. Trump is going make America great again, I promise. Recession is on the way in 2018, so the housing market could come crashing. Dawg.....there's levels to this housing shyt out here.....

I just wish more affluent Brehs and brehettes lived closer together in the city. I'm not trying own a dope ass home near a bunch of Cacs. :mjpls:
Yea. Those are becoming more limited options here.

If you aren't trying to be 4 plus deep in one house on average income.....good luck to ya

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Been here since 1999.

damn this tha first regular post I seen you make ever :whoo:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It just reinforces why NY is better. Anyone can come and experience what this city has to offer :yeshrug:

Any ethnic group you can think of, their women and food are here

You can chop it up and network with people in public because everyone is stacked on top of each other
Ok breh w/e I'm not going argue about Tit for tat semantics. You guys are bunched up and we have our own personal space out here....got it...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
this is real talk

this is how they come up in society tho, keep their living costs low while they stackin n grinding
Yeah mos def, they eventually move up to a 3 /4 bedroom home in a safe neighborhood. Which make sense. I'm starting to see little point in having s big ass home with rooms that ain't occupied....
Yea. Those are becoming more limited options here.

If you aren't trying to be 4 plus deep in one house on average income.....good luck to ya
Right, this is how we know average as cacs with average jobs are sitting on way more money then we could imagine. Yet spit all this rhetoric about blacks not working hard enough and being lazy when they come into money that affords them better / safer neighborhoods and easier ways to finance housing.