The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Why tf they leave in the first place? :dead:
RENT! As much as I love and miss LA, I had to leave for my own sanity and wallet too. Now, I pay less in mortgage for my 4bd/3ba 2500sqft house than I did for my 900sqft 2bd/2ba apartment on the Westside. Even when I THINK about moving back I look at the current rental prices and I'm brought back to reality.

In a different thread a few weeks ago I talked about how I looked up the price for a similar unit to my old one in the same complex (that was around 2600 circa 2018) and they want $4600 for it now. It's over.

Last edited:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Now all the Hispanics got all the money coming from the rising property rates. They can actually make the money that black ppl missed out on by selling for a nickle.
Naw this is false too
Private investors and corporations own those homes

There are 243,994 housing units in South L.A., and the median year in which these properties were built is 1953. Of the 230,559 occupied housing units in South L.A., 35.51% are owner-occupied, while 64.49% have renters living in them.

Black people own more homes than Latinos

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
RENT! As much as I love and miss LA, I had to leave for my own sanity and wallet too. Now, I pay less in mortgage for my 4bd/3ba 2500sqft house than I did for my 900sqft 2bd/2ba apartment on the Westside. Even when I THINK about moving back I look at the current rental prices and I'm brought back to reality.

In a different thread a few weeks ago I talked about how I looked up the price for a similar unit to my old one in the same complex (that was around 2600 circa 2018) and they want $4600 for it now. It's over.
:damn: i feel like this city is just draining pockets at this point. i need to do what you did and cop a house elsewhere. this rent doesn't make sense financially, regardless of how much a person is making.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
:damn: i feel like this city is just draining pockets at this point. i need to do what you did and cop a house elsewhere. this rent doesn't make sense financially, regardless of how much a person is making.

I highly recommend you do. Not immediately as interest rates are way too high right now to justify buying anything anywhere but at least browse other markets and look around just to get a feel for what's out there and save whatever you can so when the time is right you can get the hell out of LA. It's just not worth it anymore.

I live in the High Desert now which puts me about 2hrs away from LA so it's not like I can't get there pretty much whenever I want but those trips keep getting less and less frequent because I'm running out of reasons to visit. The culture is dead and my people are GONE. All my friends and most family have moved to the Inland Empire, Vegas and even Fresno within the last 6ish years and The City is not the city I grew up in or remember so there's no point.

I don't exactly "love" living way out in the suburbs for obvious reasons but for the first time in my life I have LAND and a house big enough to comfortably raise a family in, if I want. Something I could never in my wildest dreams have if I stayed in LA.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Flying out to LA first week of August, put me on brehs

Fav restaurants?

Fav bars/clubs?

Fav dispensaries?

Gonna hit Universal Studios up but no plans besides that, might hit the beach Sat or Sun :patrice:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Flying out to LA first week of August, put me on brehs

Fav restaurants?

Fav bars/clubs?

Fav dispensaries?

Gonna hit Universal Studios up but no plans besides that, might hit the beach Sat or Sun :patrice:
We've been here for 2 weeks. We hit up LA, the IE, and San Diego Back to boring ass central Illinois tomorrow.

We hit the beach for 4 days in Carlsbad. I didn't realize how cool it got there by the ocean. I loved every minute of it, though

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
We've been here for 2 weeks. We hit up LA, the IE, and San Diego Back to boring ass central Illinois tomorrow.

We hit the beach for 4 days in Carlsbad. I didn't realize how cool it got there by the ocean. I loved every minute of it, though
Don't ever fukking to do LA again. Don't go to IE.

If anyone wants to get the LA and authentic California experience

GO TO SAN DIEGO

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Don't ever fukking to do LA again. Don't go to IE.

If anyone wants to get the LA and authentic California experience

GO TO SAN DIEGO
I literally just booked my flight to LA and hotel…you think it would be better to cancel and book in SD? I always wanted to try Hong Kong in TJ and I can always drive up to Universal Studios :patrice:

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Went on TikTok to find some food, came across this place called Tevs Kitchen…got down here and immediately realized I’m in the hood :dead:

Finna get my food and speed tf off :laff: