The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron: Cali or LA sounds wack dawg couldn't have been me. Crenshaw that used to be famous in all black films like 70% mexicans lpl

Weird....... son..

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
How is it?
It's cool. I love the weather, especially whenever I travel somewhere back east. A lot of the LA lifestyle gets burnt after you turn 21-23, there's still a lot of shyt to do, I just mean in regards to messing with women and partying. It's kinda interesting being from here, yet everyone wants to come here....
Do you still feel like it's home?
Mos def, I know the valley and west LA like the back of my hand. I've always lived in the valley per se, but commuted to West LA for school.

How has it changed?
Mos def, a lot of people are being priced out: blacks,Hispanics, whites etc.
There's a real socioeconomic divide within in the city, that's playing out, just like in every other major city. Areas that were predominantly black or had a decent black population, like mid-wilshire area in between mid-city and the miracle mile area used to be a strong black working / middle class area, but now it's predominantly Hispanic. Hispanics are able to move in because they pair up and pool their money together. So a 2br2ba place might have like 7-10 people living together. I remember one place I lived had like 13 Asian peeps living together.

Do you all still see a future there?
Mos def, there's a lot money to made in this city if you're willing / know how to hustle, whether legally or illegally, but I'd say leave the illegal shyt up to locals that's already banging. This is all they got, don't think for a second they won't turn up on an outsider trying setup shop. With that said, being here just forces you to be on your grind especially if you trying live right....

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

L.A. Blackness in the old days:wow:..

My granpa hitched from Chicago to go to Wattstax....

Dope. This is just before the usual suspects flooded the streets with the Cracklin...:wow:

Chick in the red is dime.

Wow...all those black Cali folks in that stadium.....is there even that many blacks left in LA proper..:patrice:

At that Funky Chicken throwdown. I always here older heads talking about the dance, but was never sure what the dance looked like...:ehh:

Last edited:

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
the saying all the real nikkas dead or locked up is very true out here...thats the reason shyt changed...its a lot of real nikkas yes i said real nikkas that was keeping shyt lit locked away in the pen for decades because of a "gang injunction/enhancement" thats how they cleaned the hood up out here quiet as kept....reason that didnt faze the mexicans out is because they kept a steady influx coming in from across the border and they have hella kids...a lot of black families moved to vegas or IE around 04-08 selling houses in the hood that families been having for years and the result is what we have today...its not all bad but its just dry compared to what it use to be (in the hoods at least)...before 08 you'd see nikkas posted everyday 10-30 deep on any given block in any given hood but after those gang sweeps and some murders shyt be a ghost town in some hoods that use to be hella turnt

Daps
Reppin
St louis

L.A. Blackness in the old days:wow:..

My granpa hitched from Chicago to go to Wattstax....

34r7eoh.gif

wat6rr.jpg

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
the saying all the real nikkas dead or locked up is very true out here...thats the reason shyt changed...its a lot of real nikkas yes i said real nikkas that was keeping shyt lit locked away in the pen for decades because of a "gang injunction/enhancement" thats how they cleaned the hood up out here quiet as kept....reason that didnt faze the mexicans out is because they kept a steady influx coming in from across the border and they have hella kids...a lot of black families moved to vegas or IE around 04-08 selling houses in the hood that families been having for years and the result is what we have today...its not all bad but its just dry compared to what it use to be (in the hoods at least)...before 08 you'd see nikkas posted everyday 10-30 deep on any given block in any given hood but after those gang sweeps and some murders shyt be a ghost town in some hoods that use to be hella turnt
This isn't really a good thing tho, I'm glad gang violence ain't what it used to be,an environment where a bunch of senseless murders and shootings isnt somewhere I would wanna live as a civilian

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
It's cool. I love the weather, especially whenever I travel somewhere back east. A lot of the LA lifestyle gets burnt after you turn 21-23, there's still a lot of shyt to do, I just mean in regards to messing with women and partying. It's kinda interesting being from here, yet everyone wants to come here....

Mos def, I know the valley and west LA like the back of my hand. I've always lived in the valley per se, but commuted to West LA for school.

Mos def, a lot of people are being priced out: blacks,Hispanics, whites etc.
There's a real socioeconomic divide within in the city, that's playing out, just like in every other major city. Areas that were predominantly black or had a decent black population, like mid-wilshire area in between mid-city and the miracle mile area used to be a strong black working / middle class area, but now it's predominantly Hispanic. Hispanics are able to move in because they pair up and pool their money together. So a 2br2ba place might have like 7-10 people living together. I remember one place I lived had like 13 Asian peeps living together.

Mos def, there's a lot money to made in this city if you're willing / know how to hustle, whether legally or illegally, but I'd say leave the illegal shyt up to locals that's already banging. This is all they got, don't think for a second they won't turn up on an outsider trying setup shop. With that said, being here just forces you to be on your grind especially if you trying live right....
21-23 is when shyt just getting started in NYC :lolbron:

Guess we know what the better city is

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Always trip me out when I used to visit family in the 90s I saw a lot of my people living around my relatives house and as I got older I noticed more Mexicans moving in each year I visited LA and now its it's mainly Mexicans in her neighborhood

Last edited: