The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
i'm originally from Northridge down near the valley.

We moved to Michigan when I was like 8. I'm kinda glad we did because shyt is way calmer here not to mention living expenses are lower and schools are better. But now that I'm in college when I get out imma save up cash for a few years and then I'm going back. Thinking maybe San Fran or back in the Valley. Idk maybe LA too.

The sun and warm weather:blessed:

bad chicks in short shorts:takedat:

the ethnic foods:whoo:

staying out late with friends just chilling and talking and driving along the coast:ohlawd:

you can tell i've been thinking about this for a while. all this time i've wasted :mjcry:

that living expense tho:huhldup:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
the hood is like Compton/Inglewood/South Central/Slauson areas...you'll have no need to be there...i was there two years and only went to South Central once for a party and slid out quick...LA is HUGE and there a lot of other areas...avoid those areas and East LA (if you black...major Latino area) and you ain't gotta worry about colors and gangs and shyt like that...

if you about that party life, you'll be spending a lot of time in Hollywood and the surrounding areas...I lived in North Hollywood and going downtown was a chore sometimes so i hardly went, but i didn't miss out on the LA experience at all...even downtown, i've walked around at night after a concert at the Staples or something at a bar or grabbing food before heading back on the metro, safe and sound...don't let these people scare you...
That's what I'm saying, there's no real reason for someone who didn't grow up in the hood, to really visitthe hood :yeshrug:

What to go to a party? For chicks? :comeon:

There's parties and chicks every where, there's no need for cats to be anywhere near south of Washington tbh...
So feel free to be yourself and dress how you feel, as long as it's not that extra shyt I saw a few years back where no n active cats were walking around with bandanas hanging out their pockets(imitating Lil Wayne), now that type of shyt can get you flagged anywhere...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Breh honestly if its not a mariners,Astros,Texas rangers and brewers glove hat you good.. Wearing a Boston hat or da 2 Red Sox hat is fine.. They not alarming... The ones I named are pretty blatant and the most notorious gangs wear em.. Basically avoid them and u good breh
Let me throw in that Pirates hat, a lot of pirus like to rock them, at least in the valley...

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
West LA :birdman:

West of La Breha and north of Wilshire :to:

this nicca grew up in Park LaBrea (they used to look like white ppl projects) and saying its not that serious :camby:

I grew up south of you by Olympic & LaBrea and I know better than to be hangin around Pico with the wrong shyt on.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Yall really scared to go to Inglewood/South Central?
Maybe cuz I grew up there and can tell whats what but I be everywhere when I'm back home.

Just watch ya colors, be respectful and mind ya bidness.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
this nicca grew up in Park LaBrea (they used to look like white ppl projects) and saying its not that serious :camby:

I grew up south of you by Olympic & LaBrea and I know better than to be hangin around Pico with the wrong shyt on.
Smh you're forgetting context, yeah I grew up in Park LA Brea ( literally), but this cat is going be staying in Westwood, the fukk is he going be venturing off to Olympic And LA Brea for? Shopping? Chicks? :comeon: quit trying scare these cats. The way most of the cats tell it in this thread, brehs living in marina del Rey and Westwood are going have to be wary about what they wear. If someone already put them up on staying in Westwood, then they're already out of harms way.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Smh you're forgetting context, yeah I grew up in Park LA Brea ( literally), but this cat is going be staying in Westwood, the fukk is he going be venturing off to Olympic And LA Brea for? Shopping? Chicks? :comeon: quit trying scare these cats. The way most of the cats tell it in this thread, brehs living in marina del Rey and Westwood are going have to be wary about what they wear. If someone already put them up on staying in Westwood, then they're already out of harms way.

I'm disappointed in you breh. Plenty of spots to eat on Pico alone, and its a middle class neighborhood (well, upper middle class now). You just have him avoid whole sections of LA? if he's black and doesn't hate his culture, he gonna get tired of white washed ass Westwood eventually.

He gonna have to go to Roscoes and Lucy's eventually. (stay away from Oki Dog tho).

not like i'm trying to have him in the Jungle or the Bottoms. Or telling him to Fox Hills (or whatever the fukk its called now) or Slauson Swapmeet in a Astros fitted trollin the 60s. But staying north of Wilshire is some shyt i'd expect white folk who move from Idaho or some shyt to do.

Even as the West LA "hoods" (playboys, Mansfield) get ritzier and whitier, the niccaz still roam they old stomping grounds.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Honestly honestly,only way I see him having problems from hood nikkas is if he looks like one to begin with,I don't know what he looks like (no homo) or how he dresses (no homo again) he from New York if I remember correctly,only way I see him having a problem with the whole hat thing is if how he dressed with it,if I'm lookin for problem I know all I got to do is wear a gang affiliated hat with a white tee and some crisp 501's with the jays to match the hat,and I guarantee I will get checked any time I get out the car in the hood :yeshrug:
So if you had problems in NY for how you look then most likely you gone have problems here,but I don't see any reason for you to come this way,there's not much to do here when you don't know anyone here yet

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me throw in that Pirates hat, a lot of pirus like to rock them, at least in the valley...

953.gif

Not the Pirates mannnn!!! I cant even show love for my team without getting tested?

Figdcotton

Why are you mad at a real niguh??
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles.. Figside
I'm disappointed in you breh. Plenty of spots to eat on Pico alone, and its a middle class neighborhood (well, upper middle class now). You just have him avoid whole sections of LA? if he's black and doesn't hate his culture, he gonna get tired of white washed ass Westwood eventually.

He gonna have to go to Roscoes and Lucy's eventually. (stay away from Oki Dog tho).

not like i'm trying to have him in the Jungle or the Bottoms. Or telling him to Fox Hills (or whatever the fukk its called now) or Slauson Swapmeet in a Astros fitted trollin the 60s. But staying north of Wilshire is some shyt i'd expect white folk who move from Idaho or some shyt to do.

Even as the West LA "hoods" (playboys, Mansfield) get ritzier and whitier, the niccaz still roam they old stomping grounds.

Gotta rep u bcuz u talkin rns breh.. Hes blk i doubt he wanna do cac shyt like wait a hour for a hot dog at pinks.. 1st things nikkas ask me "let's hit roscoes I heard its fire" like nikka I'm not taking em to da Hollywood 1 or da long beach 1.. It's not authentic.. Da best ones in da hood.. Yees,oh my burger,Stevens(best pastrami chilli cheese fries).lucys,Louisiana chicken, arts wings n things,. These places are wat real blk ppl wanna hit. I been in la basically my whole life.. Y'all keep sayin inglewood but half that place is like a suburb.. Across labrea nothin goes down like dat..

nikka da best la bytches are in the la dera area.. Hit that Ralph's or Fridays in the shopping center and flourish.. Even the fox hils ain't shyt gone happen.. Get u a cool lil culver city bytch breh

Now like I said avoid Compton/watts and shyt like da Crenshaw mall and the swap meet and you good.. Bcuz breh in places like Westwood u can't even get a fire ass meal after 1 lol nikkas watch too many movies man.. nikkas don't press u like dat unless u got p*ssy written all over ya face :yeshrug: