The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

SunGod

All Star
Daps
if you're from here, ask your Grandparents about how it used to be in LA....do you even know why the black population percentage is what it is in LA?

You really expect all the blacks in Compton,Inglewood,Long Beach and Carson to move back into LA?

Spare me the history lesson. That topic has been beaten to death. My problem is nikkas online act like they can't understand why people say there's not enough black people here. I used to go back and forth between here and New Orleans growing up, and they are two totally different worlds. I've had people come out here to visit, and they notice this immediately. I ain't in no tourist areas either. There has never been a huge percentage of blacks here to be honest. All the blacks in Compton, Inglewood, Long Beach, and Carson can move into the city of L.A., and it still won't be shyt. This is Little Mexico, breh. It is what it is.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Spare me the history lesson. That topic has been beaten to death. My problem is nikkas online act like they can't understand why people say there's not enough black people here. I used to go back and forth between here and New Orleans growing up, and they are two totally different worlds. I've had people come out here to visit, and they notice this immediately. I ain't in no tourist areas either. There has never been a huge percentage of blacks here to be honest. All the blacks in Compton, Inglewood, Long Beach, and Carson can move into the city of L.A., and it still won't be shyt. This is Little Mexico, breh. It is what it is.

:yawn:

What we dont understand is how you expect Los Angeles to be a clone of wherever city you came from with better weather.

or that you continually complain,but keep coming back.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I guess the problem is people went straight for the tourist shyt on their first trip to LA. I've always been an unconventional traveler since I was a teen cuz the tourist spots bore me and I'm more interested in finding the Black people in whatever city I'm visiting. So my first time in LA all I wanted my uncles to do was take me to all the blackest areas. They wasn't living in Inglewood yet so we rode from the I.E. all the way to L.A. and hit up every spot within reason(they wasn't bout to take me to Watts or some shyt :russ: ) from Compton to North Long Beach. Yall nikkaz ever hit up the 'shaw with some homies from 'round the way? Couldn't have from all the way in Westwood.

So I'm saying, if nikkaz don't like the lack of Black people/culture then try to seek out that local Black LA life. shyt, something as simple as chillin at Ladera Center on a Sunday afternoon, looking at all the old schools lined up, and all the old players chillin playing dominos smoking cohibas by the Magic Johnson Starbucks is relaxing as fukk to me because I'm surrounded by my own kind even away from home. No different than me going to New Orleans and purposely getting a hotel/motel in like 7th Ward or some shyt just so I can keep myself away from the more artificial tourist locations. Growing up in the D.C. area teaches you that for all the nice things a city can offer a lot of it's locals are afforded a lot of bullshyt too. If nikkaz hit up Downtown Chicago they'd be baffled as to why there's so much crime given the sheer beauty of the downtown area. I'm just saying nikkaz shouldn't knock LA without trying to find it's more down to Earth side, telling me LA is only Hollywood/Malibu is like saying D.C. is only Capitol Hill and the White House which couldn't be further from the truth.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Fukk that OP. I love Cali. Going again in January :ahh:

I remember hittin' up some underground dancehall spot in Inglewood. Most tourist wouldn't even know about it. Either you need to know someone or be open to talking with locals who can put you on.

I've been invited by two guys to Long Beach for a bonfire by just passing them on the street and to Compton by this Samoan family after taping a gameshow (but they referred to it as "Bompton" so I was good :whoa: )

If you know the right people, LA is :banderas:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

I remember hittin' up some underground dancehall spot in Inglewood. Most tourist wouldn't even know about it. Either you need to know someone or be open to talking with locals who can put you on.

I've been invited by two guys to Long Beach for a bonfire by just passing them on the street and to Compton by this Samoan family after taping a gameshow (but they referred to it as "Bompton" so I was good :whoa: )

You missed out, them Samoans would've treated you like family

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
:blessed:

Sound like The Savoy to me

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Some friends of me and my wife lived in Encino in the early- mid 00s. He was an accountant, and she worked for Warner Bros. The cat that ran the firm gave him a nice raise after a few months. Ol boy was like thanks :ld:since he felt he didn't deserve it. His boss was like "Oh no, don't get me wrong, you're doing great, but this isn't for performance. You need to step your car game up, cuz that Grand Prix is a bad look for the company :scust:." shyt had me like :dwillhuh:and :pacspit: cuz we had one too.

Wow.

Art Barr

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I guess the problem is people went straight for the tourist shyt on their first trip to LA. I've always been an unconventional traveler since I was a teen cuz the tourist spots bore me and I'm more interested in finding the Black people in whatever city I'm visiting. So my first time in LA all I wanted my uncles to do was take me to all the blackest areas. They wasn't living in Inglewood yet so we rode from the I.E. all the way to L.A. and hit up every spot within reason(they wasn't bout to take me to Watts or some shyt :russ: ) from Compton to North Long Beach. Yall nikkaz ever hit up the 'shaw with some homies from 'round the way? Couldn't have from all the way in Westwood.

So I'm saying, if nikkaz don't like the lack of Black people/culture then try to seek out that local Black LA life. shyt, something as simple as chillin at Ladera Center on a Sunday afternoon, looking at all the old schools lined up, and all the old players chillin playing dominos smoking cohibas by the Magic Johnson Starbucks is relaxing as fukk to me because I'm surrounded by my own kind even away from home. No different than me going to New Orleans and purposely getting a hotel/motel in like 7th Ward or some shyt just so I can keep myself away from the more artificial tourist locations. Growing up in the D.C. area teaches you that for all the nice things a city can offer a lot of it's locals are afforded a lot of bullshyt too. If nikkaz hit up Downtown Chicago they'd be baffled as to why there's so much crime given the sheer beauty of the downtown area. I'm just saying nikkaz shouldn't knock LA without trying to find it's more down to Earth side, telling me LA is only Hollywood/Malibu is like saying D.C. is only Capitol Hill and the White House which couldn't be further from the truth.

I appreciate what youre saying

When I went to LA, I hit up every where from the east side of Long Beach to the west side of Compton, hit up South Central, Watts, hit up mom and pops places to eat, hopped out the ride at random spots in Compton to smash some taco truck food

I still did the Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica shyt but I needed to feel the real LA

I wouldn't have it any other way

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People watch too much TV.

If you don't have some kind of business to be there it is not good place to live

don't see how people who work 9-5's even live there, where they could have much better quality of life somewhere else

You got people living in hostels lmao, it ain't never that serious

houses are old and look like shyt, a new house of modest size is gonna run like 1.3 mill lmao

All you have to do to survive there and eat is to get a job doing loans, anything with finance, you will eat good