The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
It's not on the scale it is in DC and NYC, simply because there are more houses, LA is massive ( It's literally Chicago and NYC combined in area, and you can't gentrify when people know how to fight back (Crenshaw & Boyle Heights)

breh I'm sure homes in even the ghetto weren't 250k for a 2 bedroom in LA 20 years ago

L.A.'s black population is declining the most out of any major city

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Fukk that OP. I love Cali. Going again in January :ahh:

I remember hittin' up some underground dancehall spot in Inglewood. Most tourist wouldn't even know about it. Either you need to know someone or be open to talking with locals who can put you on.

I've been invited by two guys to Long Beach for a bonfire by just passing them on the street and to Compton by this Samoan family after taping a gameshow (but they referred to it as "Bompton" so I was good :whoa: )

If you know the right people, LA is :banderas:

Missed out. Samoans are straight, always been good to me. Got a Samoan plug who lives in Seattle. The connections I got in Vegas and Hawaii now because of him:banderas:

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Hit this run alongside Venice's coastline. Go to the gym. Grab some Scoe's. Watch some college football by a beach side bar. Hit up Ballast Point this evening and smashing some Persian thottie. :win:

Idk what y'all doing in Cincy, Chicago etc. But it ain't that, checked y'all's weather forecast. :umad:

Surprisingly nice in Manhattan:ehh:

Until tomorrow:umad:

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm enjoying it out here thus far :banderas:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Mothafukkas have no imagination

Only hitting up overpriced, overpacked, overrated tourist locales and restaurants :scust:

Any city would be overrated if you only visit tourist spots :dead:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's not on the scale it is in DC and NYC, simply because there are more houses, LA is massive ( It's literally Chicago and NYC combined in area, and you can't gentrify when people know how to fight back (Crenshaw & Boyle Heights)
Its getting there as far as gentrification goes. Inglewood is up next once that new stadium is built and the low income Mexicans in Boyle Heights can only fight for so long. Its right next to DTLA and the Arts District which is exploding with development so whites will eventually get Boyle Heights in a 3-4 years. :francis:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just moved out here a couple weeks ago. Had no fantasies about it, because I've been here a lot. Coming from Houston helped me prepare a lot actually. Infrastructure wise the two cities are very similar. Got to plan your day around traffic and live close to where you work. Your quality of life skyrockets just doing that.

West side and NorthWest for the most part is nice. Ladera Heights, Culver City, Santa Monica, etc. Got to be guaped up or have roommates if you want to live comfortably out there. I agree though East LA and South LA are dumps. Downtown is trying to step up, but the amount of homeless and mentally ill is definitely holding it back. Love the fact that there's so much to do though. Especially if your into recreation and music.
Public Transportation is better than most cities and expanding.

Far from the prettiest city in the world and if I had my choice, I would have moved to Seattle. That wasn't an option though. Still LA has a lot to offer and all the negatives aside I'd still rather be here than fukking Ohio. Trust me, I used to live in Ohio. :scusthov:
tumblr_mfck3hRhHK1rwu9euo1_5001.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Spare me the history lesson. That topic has been beaten to death. My problem is nikkas online act like they can't understand why people say there's not enough black people here. I used to go back and forth between here and New Orleans growing up, and they are two totally different worlds. I've had people come out here to visit, and they notice this immediately. I ain't in no tourist areas either. There has never been a huge percentage of blacks here to be honest. All the blacks in Compton, Inglewood, Long Beach, and Carson can move into the city of L.A., and it still won't be shyt. This is Little Mexico, breh. It is what it is.

Most people here consider the county as a whole to be l.a and get in where they fit in. No downtown l.a is not black.

Please Stay in your small generic city while we eat here

SunGod

All Star
Daps

Most people here consider the county as a whole to be l.a and get in where they fit in. No downtown l.a is not black.

Please Stay in your small generic city while we eat here
No shyt. If you actually read my posts, you'd know I live in L.A.

:dahell:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Well, I've been here forever.

:dahell:

I never said I hated. I only touched on the black population. Do you nikkas even read?
I guess 500k dispersed in an ocean looks different when when it's dispersed in a lake