The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Isnt OC super racist?

It's very white but one thing about Cali is there is Asians flips middle eastern black Mexican etc so no its not racist nothing I encounter daily just typical cac behavior you'll find anywhere

They hiding all the gems from y'all hoping you think it is tho

:wow:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You're not going to enjoy it here if you don't have money and or incredible networking skills

I would say you need to be making 75k and up to live like you want .

I'm a little bit over that but I have 2 jobs.

You'll find a lot of people have two jobs and or roommates well past their 30s ...

Ahhhhbhhh but if you do have money? There is nothing like this town , the prestige , the elegance, the weather, the women ...

Here you either have money or you don't , if I didn't I couldn't and wouldn't live here

IMG_0465.png

The rent here is the fukking worst tho ...

That's the price for a studio apartment in my area

:huhldup: at that rent price. Man that 75k estimate is probably low. I live in Atlanta, and I think 70k is my magic number for me to live a comfortable lifestyle. I'm not talking about no extravagant shyt. And I'm single without kids. So I would assume that figure would be more like 85-90k in LA

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Somebody lied. LA was supposed to be sunny, green, clean, filled with beautiful people. Goddamn how do y'all keep up the façade that LA is the place to be? :dahell:

So much filth, trash everywhere. :scust:
So much graffiti. :scust:
I was sorely mistaken with my other thread, these hoes are weak. :scust:
shytty neighborhoods popping up outta nowhere with no warning. :scust:
Paying 10 cents for a bag from Walmart. :scust:
Gas high as shyt. :scust:
Everything more expensive in general :scust:
Traffic is out of fukking control all times of the day I cannot even stress this enough. :scust:
So many damn Mexicans. :mjlol:

fukk LA and everybody from this gay ass place. :mjlol:
u just visited or something ? lol

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
As even the Pro LA crowd in this thread has mentioned the costs of Living in Cali is INSANE.

I know multiple grown men in their 30's who can only live in a "decent" home out there by having roommates.
the housing market in LA and Orange county is frightening.

500-600k for 975 square foot, 2 bed room, frame stucco houses with dead grass and no basement.

The smog is still crazy, but not as bad as it was in the 90's I guess.

All the movie TV industry stuff is really cool

But it's way too many "love and hip hop, basketball wives, fake wanna be rich and famous type thots out there

The amount of pretense is annoying, everyone is flexing constantly. Not trying to be subtle or chill at all. Seems corny and try hard.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: have yu even been to santa monica? venice? del rey? westwood? mid city? beverly?
:russ: get ya bands up nikka

I mean... nice places to visit, but unaffordable to 99% of people to live.

:comeon:

I lived on 3rd St in Santa Monica... shyt was almost 3k per month for an 800 sq ft slum and from what I heard with increasing real estate prices, that same place is now over 4k.

Not only that... I constantly encountered bums pissing in my back alley, going through garbage, a halfway house down the street with mentally ill junkies, drunk people wandering around all night, too many tourists, graffiti everywhere, etc.

For 3k per month in mortgage or rent... that would NEVER happen where I'm from. I'd have a 5000 sq ft pristine suburban lifestyle.

:francis:

Daps
Somebody lied. LA was supposed to be sunny, green, clean, filled with beautiful people. Goddamn how do y'all keep up the façade that LA is the place to be? :dahell:

So much filth, trash everywhere. :scust:
So much graffiti. :scust:
I was sorely mistaken with my other thread, these hoes are weak. :scust:
shytty neighborhoods popping up outta nowhere with no warning. :scust:
Paying 10 cents for a bag from Walmart. :scust:
Gas high as shyt. :scust:
Everything more expensive in general :scust:
Traffic is out of fukking control all times of the day I cannot even stress this enough. :scust:
So many damn Mexicans. :mjlol:

fukk LA and everybody from this gay ass place. :mjlol:

Truth. LA is a shythole and gets worse every year. You couldn't pay me to live there...an expensive crowded ass shytty place. It was nice in the 90's, open borders fukked it up

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
As even the Pro LA crowd in this thread has mentioned the costs of Living in Cali is INSANE.

I know multiple grown men in their 30's who can only live in a "decent" home out there by having roommates.
the housing market in LA and Orange county is frightening.

500-600k for 975 square foot, 2 bed room, frame stucco houses with dead grass and no basement.

The smog is still crazy, but not as bad as it was in the 90's I guess.

All the movie TV industry stuff is really cool

But it's way too many "love and hip hop, basketball wives, fake wanna be rich and famous type thots out there

The amount of pretense is annoying, everyone is flexing constantly. Not trying to be subtle or chill at all. Seems corny and try hard.

Yeah unless something drastic happens can't foresee myself making this a permanent move. Guaping up while keeping my living expenses low. And balling out and enjoying myself in my mid 20's. Get my masters and some experience. When it's time move back to Texas or somewhere else with a more reasonable COL and leverage my salary out here for a higher paying gig in my new location. Make moves to be my own boss, then ride into the sunset :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
MD
I was in Malibu for 4 days in September. I enjoyed staying right on the water in some million dollar crib(airbnb). It wasn't to hot or to cold. The only thing that was missing was more black people. I did notice either you had a lot of money or you didn't. The traffic on the weekends was insane, at least 5x worse than DC traffic.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
You have to live in LA to actually enjoy it. There's sightseeing and attractions of course but LA not the most tourist friendly city at all. Like NY most tourists will be in Manhattan and everything is close together with a great public transportation system to boot. In LA this popular attraction is way the fukk over here then the other places you want to see are way in the fukk over there. You'll need a car and traffic is a bytch. But when you actually live here then you find the nooks & crannies of the good hidden shyt. The bars, restaurants, nightspots, parties, beaches, hills, dimes, views etc. You can have a ball on some visiting shyt depending if you know some good people out here but if you come on some strictly sight seeing tourist shyt it might be good for you OR it might not be what you are expecting. It can go either way. And yeah LA is half amazing and half sh*thole. Its has the glitz, glamour, beaches, bad bytches, wealthy, palm trees, sunny weather, mountains, etc. but on the flipside you have the poor, sh*tty, homeless galore, blue collar, hood as f*ck, low lifes, bad areas, etc. Its literally everything you can think of. Low key that's what makes LA what it is