The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's because you hung out in some dirt areAs :mjlol:
I spent most of my time in Santa Monica. Driving around those areas you notice a lot of things. California have few places where you want to live. LA is not one of them. Too many negatives outweigh the positives.

The only way you see the sun is after it rains.

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
to be completely honest

los angeles is wack unless you're rich and can live in the hills and chill in the posh neighborhoods that have $10 smoothies and dogs in strollers and shyt

everything is so tied to status and superficiality, but that's just society i guess

also everything is so spread out... that's what nyc and san francisco have over los angeles without a doubt... ease of transport and proximity... in los angeles public transport is embarrassing

i live by a beach in a less populated area (unlike venice beach :scust:) so it's cool and there's abundant cold fresh air coming from the ocean :blessed:

one downside is that every thot out here has way too high standards since there's such a concentration of young very successful people here it's hard to compete for the 10/10 dimes as a regular college student, whereas i'd have the baddest broads in the city if i was in some southern/flyover state

gotta get that money way up to truly thrive out here, similar to new york

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as much as i love living in LA, op is right, unless you're in hollywood, everything else looks like ass, and even hollywood blvd looks 3rd world in some places,

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I hate it. The Valley is particularly terrible. You'd think sun and blue skies 24/7 are great, but it becomes a nightmare with the monotony. 100+ degree days and you don't even wanna go outside. If you do, you'll see depressing dead brown grass or something on fire. I remember 1, maybe 2 days of rain this year.

The people are terrible. Superficial. Soulless. Rude. Self-centered. They are the only people on Earth when they are out in public. LA people are much better than all the transplants.

Traffic is a nightmare. Take the number of miles to go and you can usually multiply that by 3 or 4 to get the number of minutes it'll take.

Obviously more expensive. Paid more than half a million for under 2000 sq ft and not in a great area.

:francis:

It's a great city if you're rich. This is a massive generalization, but I feel like if you're not rich and like it, you probably came from the middle of nowhere or you grew up here and you're used to it. Or you came from a similar big city shythole.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
everything is so tied to status and superficiality, but that's just society i guess
Some friends of me and my wife lived in Encino in the early- mid 00s. He was an accountant, and she worked for Warner Bros. The cat that ran the firm gave him a nice raise after a few months. Ol boy was like thanks :ld:since he felt he didn't deserve it. His boss was like "Oh no, don't get me wrong, you're doing great, but this isn't for performance. You need to step your car game up, cuz that Grand Prix is a bad look for the company :scust:." shyt had me like :dwillhuh:and :pacspit: cuz we had one too.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been a few times now, and its a dope city, but the traffic alone is enough for me to not want to live there.

Its ALOT to do in the city at any given time, if you in your 20's and 30' i can see you wanting to live there. I wouldnt want to raise a family in LA tho