The Official "Legion" Season 1 Thread

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
The last fight the green screen cgi was kind of cheap considering fx has a huge budget

The physical moving of objects was good

I think very pretentious folks will love this

It's like a Wes Anderson film with mutants

The time line seems to be the late 70's

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For a minute I was thinking

Everyone wearing that orange suit was him

But I really hope that's not the case

I don't know if there is a visual cue but....

There is two things that define the character in the comics:

1. He has multiple personalities.
2. Each has a power.

And they didn't show either of those in the first episode unless we're seeing people that are actually him.

Another thing that adds a layer to the show, one of his powers is reality manipulation. He's a god level mutant. So who the fukk knows what's real and what isn't.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They way the shoot the show where the viewer is kind of seeing it through Legion's perspective where you're not quite sure what's really or not, just like what he's going through, is a good touch. You're finding out what he is and what's going on right along with Legion.

That's exactly what Noah Hawley said. He said you're dealing with a person that can't even tell you if what he's seeing is real, so why wouldn't the show be confusing?

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved the first ep. I'm gonna hold off on discussing too many theories but I have a feeling....

The vast majority of the characters in the first ep, including most of the ones at the asylum, are all David's personalities. I have a feeling when they "kissed" she became the dominant personality. It would also explain why every other patient was suddenly locked away.

Don't get me wrong, I think he really was in an asylum but what we seen wasn't it, it was all in his head.

It's possible I'm wrong but this is just what I thought as I was watching the ep.

Fred.
I almost hope you are wrong because
That would be a nearly identical theory to what appears to be going on with Elliot in Mr Robot. I'd be somewhat let down if both shows had the same eventual outcome as I'm now a fan of both

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I almost hope you are wrong because
That would be a nearly identical theory to what appears to be going on with Elliot in Mr Robot. I'd be somewhat let down if both shows had the same eventual outcome as I'm now a fan of both

My theory of what's going on could be wrong. But I can tell you for a fact that Legion does have multiple personalities. He has hundreds of personalities, and each one has a different power. The question is, who is he seeing that either isn't there, or is really him. Which is kinda like "Mr. Robot", but on that show we know didn't Elliot was Mr. Robot, on this show we know he has multiple personalities but not who they are yet.

Also Legion has been around since 1985, the character predates both "Mr. Robot" and "Fight Club". So even if "Legion" uses the same twist, it's his twist to begin with.

Fred.

Last edited:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
My theory of what's going on could be wrong. But I can tell you for a fact that Legion does have multiple personalities. He has hundreds of personalities, and each one has a different power. The question is, who is he seeing that either isn't there, or is really him. Which is kinda like "Mr. Robot", but on that show we didn't Elliot was Mr. Robot, on this show we know he has multiple personalities but not who they are yet.

Also Legion has been around since 1985, the character predates both "Mr. Robot" and "Fight Club". So even if "Legion" uses the same twist, it's his twist to begin with.

Fred.
I think you right especially cause
the black dudes powers are to take people back into their memories :ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I will give this another shot next episode but if it was like this one then this show just isn't for me, I found it mostly tedious viewing only enjoying about 20 minutes of it.:manny:
Yep, I don't like the leads acting style or American accent either

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Somebody answer me how did he switch bodies when he was in the coffee shop.
I think that was her mutant ability which is why she did not want to be touched.

Once he kissed her, they switched bodies/powers and she couldn't control all the crazy ass shyt he controls

Unless all those people that helped him escape arevpersonalities which I doubt, then she is real.

The Parks n Rec chick is no longer real but in his mind now.. But she was real before she got stuck in a wall

Thats what I think

• Dap

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

2. Each has a power.

And they didn't show either of those in the first episode unless we're seeing people that are actually him.

Another thing that adds a layer to the show, one of his powers is reality manipulation. He's a god level mutant. So who the fukk knows what's real and what isn't.

Fred.
I'm pretty sure they aren't going the multiple personality route with him on the show. I'm kinda glad because imo I don't think I would be able to watch the show. But since they made him schizo they may just become voices in his head

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was a great first episode. The big "blockbuster" fight at the end was probably the weakest part because the special effects just weren't that good. This episode itself was a deliberate mindfukk because dude himself doesn't know what to trust and not.

Also, I think Syd and the other mutants are real and he will start to develop his own personalities with separate powers later on, the most obvious one being Lenny of course since she has already started to manifest in his mind.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I tuned out after 20 minutes. This wasn't good.

I don't blame you. I did initially. The first 20 min is the absolute worst.

It sorta gets better but not really. I'm giving this one more episode before ditching it.

I think very pretentious folks will love this

yep. I'm already seeing write-ups on how this could be the best Marvel show ever, a groundbreaking production, blah blah blah. Only because it's Terry Gilliam meets David Lynch meets Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (brilliant fukking film, by the way) meets Terrance Malick meets mutants :yawn:

Never underestimate the power of marketing and pretentiousness.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he did.

I don't think he was ever in her body. I think she's one of his personalities which is why he seen himself as a woman, then it's him, then he's at his sister's house and Syd is nowhere to be seen. I wouldn't be surprised if Syd doesn't exist, at all.

Fred.

Yea, when I stop and think about it... each personality is the HOST... we need to view this as like the movie SPLIT. I think the moment he touched Syd, he became that personality and that other chick to which I conclude was the previous host is why she was briefly "dead", because of Syd taking over.

2. Each has a power.

Fred.

I think they did....but purely from HIS perspective.. Even the escape when they came together and each power was used is really him doing it in reality.

• Dap

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it.... I think NONE OF IT IS REAL in the 1st episode and it's all in his head. If they're really going off the origin story, then David is really still in a coma.

Also this should help those who are confused.... this should help

• Dap