The Official "Legion" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, as much "praise" as this show is getting, a mutant thats pretty much god-like with almost every single power your imagination can think of but is operated by his mental disorder might be a lil too much for me.

It's like Mr. Robot with all the mutant powers combined and most of his battles take place in his psyche.. I can understand why he wasn't a popular mutant and I feel if this show is too out the box a lot of people gonna throw it in the bushes mainly due to confusion

Like I said.. It was ok to me but confusing af... Purposely. I'll give it a few more episodes but it has to have some real purpose or direction or I'm tossing it in the bushes

Critics got the first 3 episodes, so the praise isn't just for episode 1. And apparently the next two are a lot more straight forward and less abstract.

Fred.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i'll give it the first 5ep treatment before i give it the bushes treatment. If its gonna be some mind fukk shyt all season i'll just bow out cuz that'll get very boring for me. A 2hr movie is one thing but 8-10eps of that is just :smh:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:francis:

‘Legion’ Off To So-So Ratings Start At FX
Is television suffering from superhero fatigue? One of the best reviewed TV series in the genre, FX’s drama Legion from Fargo’s Noah Hawley, premiered last night with OK, not great 1.6 million viewers and a 0.8 in adults 18-49 (Live+same day) for its 10 PM-11:30 PM debut.

Related
'Legion' Review: Noah Hawley's Marvel Series A Genre-Bending Stunner

While the demo delivery was in line with other debuts, this was the smallest Live+same day total viewership for a recent FX drama premiere, below the now defunct b*stard Executioner (2.1 million, 0.8 in 18–49) and Taboo, which opened last month to 1.8 million viewers and a 0.6 in 18-49 in the demo. The Strain started with 3 million viewers and 1.2 in 18-49, Fargo with 2.7 million and 0.8, Tyrant with 2.1 million, 0.6; and American Crime Story with the whopping 5.1 million and 2.0 (all L+SD)

FX only reports Live+3 ratings, not Live+same day. We will update the series’ performance when time-shifted viewing ratings information becomes available
It's not fatigue

shyt was literally confusing with an extremely confusing character
I honestly don't think the average person is going to want to get mind fukked everyweek with a character that has hundreds of personalities and hundreds of powers

Thats overkill and tbh, these critics are overrating it because it's "different"

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Critics got the first 3 episodes, so the praise isn't just for episode 1. And apparently the next two are a lot more straight forward and less abstract.

Fred.
I hope so because it was cool but unless you paid absolute attention to everything going on, it was confusing af...

If it's hard to follow I personally don't think people will want to watch

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I don't get why people think the entire show will be like this episode. Yes, there will be mindfukkery but it won't be as extreme as this.

I will say that I knew this shyt was going to alienate a lot of folks as I watched it. I think they really overestimated people's open-mindedness with that shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna spoiler tag this because it may be something....or it may not. It's just something I noticed.

I've said Syd is just another personality, this isn't necessarily proof but it's something to :jbhmm: over.

When David is in the hospital and Syd gets in bed with him, the door opens....but there's no feet there.

legion1_zps32quhala.png

Then the camera pans up, and there she is:

legion2_zpsbfjby1n3.png

So she's either not there, or she can float.:jbhmm:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@FlyRy

Final numbers (Live+3) for the premiere are 3.3 million which are very good. It's 3 day total increase is the most in FX history.

'Legion' Premiere Lands 3.3 Million Total Viewers

FX’s “Legion” rounded up 3.27 million total viewers for the series premiere, including three days worth of delayed viewing.

Of that sum, 1.8 million come from the key adults 18-49 demographic.

With two encore telecasts to add to the total, “Legion” reached 4.37 million total viewers linearly, 2.39 million of them in the main demo.

The Noah Hawley superhero drama now holds FX’s most time-shifted debut ever. It grew 102 percent in the demo and 101 percent overall in Live + 3 Day TV ratings.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
@FlyRy

Final numbers (Live+3) for the premiere are 3.3 million which are very good. It's 3 day total increase is the most in FX history.

'Legion' Premiere Lands 3.3 Million Total Viewers

Fred.
Hex, tell these fukk nikkas to be patient. This show has crazy potential.

No one has brought up how vivid the cinematography is.

The music played so far is dope too.

People ask for different types of film, find it, then complain about it :dwillhuh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

People ask for different types of film, find it, then complain about it :dwillhuh:

I didn't want to say it before but it low key reminds me of "Utopia".
jjcry_zpsmkfmbr5f.png

Fred.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A lot of comparisons to Kubrick, Wes Anderson and David Lynch are already being drawn to the cinematography/director style:whew:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Saw a Deadline headline on facebook that said "legion is a grower, not a shower" :russ:

Man, I went to lunch with a couple younger girls....not that young, I'm talking early 20's and they asked me "are you a grower or a shower?"

I was like
tfn3_zpsr0ju667d.png
"what does that even mean?"

Took me a week to realize they were flirting.
floydthinking_zpswf0f1gfm.png
Gotta hold that L.
mrrno_zpsqj0zmccc.png

Fred.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I think people are saying its confusing because they have prior knowledge of the character. I had no what this dude does or who he is so to now come in here and see that all these people around him may be him/in his head...... yeah fukk this :beli: