The Official "Legion" Season 1 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It was a great first episode. The big "blockbuster" fight at the end was probably the weakest part because the special effects just weren't that good.
Guess FX doesn't have that HBO/Netflix budget :mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

‘Legion’ Off To So-So Ratings Start At FX
Is television suffering from superhero fatigue? One of the best reviewed TV series in the genre, FX’s drama Legion from Fargo’s Noah Hawley, premiered last night with OK, not great 1.6 million viewers and a 0.8 in adults 18-49 (Live+same day) for its 10 PM-11:30 PM debut.

Related
'Legion' Review: Noah Hawley's Marvel Series A Genre-Bending Stunner

While the demo delivery was in line with other debuts, this was the smallest Live+same day total viewership for a recent FX drama premiere, below the now defunct b*stard Executioner (2.1 million, 0.8 in 18–49) and Taboo, which opened last month to 1.8 million viewers and a 0.6 in 18-49 in the demo. The Strain started with 3 million viewers and 1.2 in 18-49, Fargo with 2.7 million and 0.8, Tyrant with 2.1 million, 0.6; and American Crime Story with the whopping 5.1 million and 2.0 (all L+SD)

FX only reports Live+3 ratings, not Live+same day. We will update the series’ performance when time-shifted viewing ratings information becomes available

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Even the escape when they came together and each power was used is really him doing it in reality.

I kinda thought that too. The character basically has unlimited powers.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure they aren't going the multiple personality route with him on the show. I'm kinda glad because imo I don't think I would be able to watch the show. But since they made him schizo they may just become voices in his head

If they don't do multiple personalities then it's not Legion breh. That's who the character is, it's why his name is Legion. They can take a lot of liberties with the character but this isn't one of them.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

‘Legion’ Off To So-So Ratings Start At FX
Is television suffering from superhero fatigue? One of the best reviewed TV series in the genre, FX’s drama Legion from Fargo’s Noah Hawley, premiered last night with OK, not great 1.6 million viewers and a 0.8 in adults 18-49 (Live+same day) for its 10 PM-11:30 PM debut.

Related
'Legion' Review: Noah Hawley's Marvel Series A Genre-Bending Stunner

While the demo delivery was in line with other debuts, this was the smallest Live+same day total viewership for a recent FX drama premiere, below the now defunct b*stard Executioner (2.1 million, 0.8 in 18–49) and Taboo, which opened last month to 1.8 million viewers and a 0.6 in 18-49 in the demo. The Strain started with 3 million viewers and 1.2 in 18-49, Fargo with 2.7 million and 0.8, Tyrant with 2.1 million, 0.6; and American Crime Story with the whopping 5.1 million and 2.0 (all L+SD)

FX only reports Live+3 ratings, not Live+same day. We will update the series’ performance when time-shifted viewing ratings information becomes available

The numbers aren't accurate. I don't know of a single network that reports Live+same day ratings anymore, the article even says FX counts Live+3, which isn't out yet. People write these articles solely because they want to talk about what's going on in pop culture and it's an easy click.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The numbers aren't accurate. I don't know of a single network that reports Live+same day ratings anymore, the article even says FX counts Live+3, which isn't out yet. People write these articles solely because they want to talk about what's going on in pop culture and it's an easy click.

Fred.
I hear you, but I also don't feel like a lot of people are talking about it yet other than us hardcore nerds.

Interested to see what the final #s are

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
If they don't do multiple personalities then it's not Legion breh. That's who the character is, it's why his name is Legion. They can take a lot of liberties with the character but this isn't one of them.

Fred.
Then it ain't legion, but as I said I don't think they will go that way

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The last fight the green screen cgi was kind of cheap considering fx has a huge budget

The physical moving of objects was good

I think very pretentious folks will love this

It's like a Wes Anderson film with mutants

The time line seems to be the late 70's

The interrogator in the swimming pool scenes had a modern tablet computer.
I really hope they're not going to do a "Westworld" and have
multiple timelines 30 years apart running in parallel

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The interrogator in the swimming pool scenes had a modern tablet computer.
I really hope they're not going to do a "Westworld" and have
multiple timelines 30 years apart running in parallel

You're never going to be able to nail down the time or year, it's by design. It's supposed to be a mix of a lot of different eras so the story feels timeless.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think that was her mutant ability which is why she did not want to be touched.

Once he kissed her, they switched bodies/powers and she couldn't control all the crazy ass shyt he controls

Unless all those people that helped him escape arevpersonalities which I doubt, then she is real.

The Parks n Rec chick is no longer real but in his mind now.. But she was real before she got stuck in a wall

Thats what I think

Legion also has the ability to absorb people if they die near him, and they become another personality.

Fred.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Legion also has the ability to absorb people if they die near him, and they become another personality.

Fred.
well i think thats what happened to the one chick but not purposely. She's dead because he switched bodies with the other chick and she couldn't control his power, killing old girl by mistake.

Legion has too many powers for me too even keep up with. Thats why I think this show might be a lil too much for most people.

Dude literally has almost every power you can think of and that's because of his multiple personalities and the ability to steal others powers too

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Like I said, as much "praise" as this show is getting, a mutant thats pretty much god-like with almost every single power your imagination can think of but is operated by his mental disorder might be a lil too much for me.

It's like Mr. Robot with all the mutant powers combined and most of his battles take place in his psyche.. I can understand why he wasn't a popular mutant and I feel if this show is too out the box a lot of people gonna throw it in the bushes mainly due to confusion

Like I said.. It was ok to me but confusing af... Purposely. I'll give it a few more episodes but it has to have some real purpose or direction or I'm tossing it in the bushes