The Official Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey; Prophet of The Black Afrikan

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Garvey was great, but I don't agree with his back to Africa plan. I felt as though it was a cowardly way to avoid confronting the racial and economic oppression in this nation. Abandoning land that we built with our blood, sweat, and tears? Nah, we must fight the monster and educate our youth in developing solution driven goals to gradually destroy this monster. Again, Garvey did a lot of good things, but his ultimate goal was seriously flawed.

Garvey had some ideological beefs with WEB Dubois but ironically Dubois made it to Africa and brother Marcus never did. Garvey was prevented from visiting the continent Dubois would later die in. Both interesting men for sure.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
In the age of globalization in the 21st century? Good luck. Black people need more than skin tone and shytty experiences to unite and LOVE one another instead of focusing their hatred on white people so much, that they prevent their own progress for white misery.

Some of these "pro black" people hate white folks than loving their own black people.

Jews don't like each other but they have an idea to rally behind. Unity can't be one of those ideas because it's vague so I'd say start with rallying economics.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marcus%2BGarvey%2BLook%2Bfor%2Bme.jpg

"Trapped in this world of sin, born as a ghetto child
Raised in this whirlwind...Look for me"
-2pac

:ohhh:

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@hoopsdream is there any well put together documentary on Marcus Garvey. I was beginning to watch one made by the cac media and I was peeping how they were basically throwing shade at Marcus Garvey throughout the entire documentary. I had to turn it off.

Actually, this question is for everybody.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I've been trying to find this post for a while, but couldn't remember who said it until the thread was bumped:

@kp404 what do you mean by this post breh? Seems like you think African Americans faced the worse form of oppression than any other African group on the planet.

Yes, but that's what Chrisman talks about is wrong with that type of ideology. The black American experience is wholly distinctive to other forms of oppression across the oceans; True, they are all forms of oppression, but black America has historically experienced a different monster. Liberating Africa would not address the crisis of black America because its not the same colonialism as in Africa.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@hoopsdream is there any well put together documentary on Marcus Garvey. I was beginning to watch one made by the cac media and I was peeping how they were basically throwing shade at Marcus Garvey throughout the entire documentary. I had to turn it off.

Actually, this question is for everybody.

All the ones I've seen have been made by cacs. If we want an authentic Garvey documentary then we need to put our money together to get one made.

I don't know of any black independent film makers, but I'd imagine if we found one that was willing to do it, we could raise some bread on Kickstarter or some other crowd sharing platform.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:wow: we need more threads like this on the coli.

We were going over him in african American history class but it was real fast I want to learn more..need to he back in my readings . I have a ebook pack of Garvey related books if anyone wants them.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Jews don't like each other but they have an idea to rally behind. Unity can't be one of those ideas because it's vague so I'd say start with rallying economics.

Bottom line, is that we got to love each other.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the ones I've seen have been made by cacs. If we want an authentic Garvey documentary then we need to put our money together to get one made.

I don't know of any black independent film makers, but I'd imagine if we found one that was willing to do it, we could raise some bread on Kickstarter or some other crowd sharing platform.

I would put my bread behind a reputable brotha to do that. If there is one person that black people need to ALL know about in detail...it is Marcus Garvey. What he talked about are all the things we need to be thinking and doing now.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I would put my bread behind a reputable brotha to do that. If there is one person that black people need to ALL know about in detail...it is Marcus Garvey. What he talked about are all the things we need to be thinking and doing now.

Only person I know making documentaries are Tariq Nasheed :pachaha:

I wouldn't even know who would be a good person to reach out to :patrice:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ermmm I'd say you gotta look towards lectures