The Official HBCU Thread

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Something like that..

I actually teach special ed, but I’ve been helping out the band at the high school next to the middle school I work at.

he want make me the official assistant this year. I’ll be in my directors suit like Simmons in your avy some games :wow:

The head director went to SU, and I went to Bama State. I want the kids to crank cause we both marched in the SWAC & cause that’s unheard of in Atlanta bands. Everyone here been FAMU and Cookman influenced since the 80s except for a few schools.

he has to reel me back in sometimes cause our kids ain’t ready for that yet :francis:
that's super dope man I'm too deep in IT now but that would have been my dream job what you are doing:banderas: I would love for cranking culture to make its way up here

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
yeah, they slowly and meticulously clearing out that last neighborhood that is still on campus
once they clear out that area A&T will finally control everything inside Market-Dudley-Lindsey-Bessemer corridor with 29 as the border the east
my dad and I walked through there last GHOE actually looking to see where they were going to build the new dorms and most of those houses are already empty or abandoned
would love to know if they gave those tenants a "offer they couldn't refuse" or just didn't renew their leases
the red X below is the last residential and the new dorms are going behind the bookstore

PMBnq34.png

Jeeez:huhldup:

That homecoming traffic finna be even more ugly 2-5 years from now:snoop:

I’m already the last few years parking at the church near Bennett or sneaking in with my crew that’s tailgates

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Damn, East Greensboro is pretty much A&T now.

My daughter is only 4, but I am going to talk A&T up to her big time until she turns 18. She’s already been to 3 GHOE’s in 4 years. I want her to continue the legacy.

I wonder how UNCG, Greensboro College and etc feel about that :mjgrin:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:mjgrin:
fukk them cacs at UNCG. I had an apartment on Spring Garden, so I had to deal with them often. They partnered with us with that new nano technology school and that nursing building downtown. We carrying them.

Yo, you mean them 4 bedroom jawns?

If you talking about what I think you talking bout.... my boys stayed there too.:russ:

It was Aggies and Spartans there. I used to go there and play Madden with my niccas that stayed there.

I remember one night we in the living room playing, smoking, drinking (when I did all that) with these chicks.

And we heard one chick scream RAPE!!

I remember my boys suite mate running out the room with his shirt off and all us looking like :mjtf:

The other chicks ran back there to check but ol girl was laughing.

She played too much and just fukked up the vibe of the whole spot.

I remember feeling and looking like

giphy.gif

as I told the niccas there “Well it’s been real brehs, I’m gonna have to slide out but I’ll get at y’all”

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
This is one of the things I’ll miss most about leaving the MEAC. Even with the Celebration bowl just starting up, we created a real rivalry with Alcorn. It was pretty much an annual thing to play y’all in the championship that Saturday morning, then party with y’all in the A after the game. Some fun times.

yeah man, things are really changing. Still can't believe Famu in the SWAC now.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Probably a dumb question, can the hbcu's leave the ncaa and ciaa? Or is it not feasible?

Hmmmm......

Ok that’s an interesting question.

First of all the NCAA is basically the governing body for ALL COLLEGIATE sports.

So overall no to that.

As far as the CIAA, that’s basically just one of the many conferences under the NCAA

And not all HBCUs are in the CIAA.

Hopefully that makes sense

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Hmmmm......

Ok that’s an interesting question.

First of all the NCAA is basically the governing body for ALL COLLEGIATE sports.

So overall no to that.

As far as the CIAA, that’s basically just one of the many conferences under the NCAA

And not all HBCUs are in the CIAA.

Hopefully that makes sense

I ask because I played intramural ball in college and it was pretty lit. A different crowd of students came out - more black and hispanics. I was just thinking maybe they can start small and build up. $20 bucks to attend, $2 hotdog/popcorn, get students to start promoting the games to the community and social media.

I just feel like we the tastemakers in this country and there's nothing wrong with starting from the ground up with a small gym and budget. Maybe 50 years from now it grows to be a factor.
:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I ask because I played intramural ball in college and it was pretty lit. A different crowd of students came out - more black and hispanics. I was just thinking maybe they can start small and build up. $20 bucks to attend, $2 hotdog/popcorn, get students to start promoting the games to the community and social media.

I just feel like we the tastemakers in this country and there's nothing wrong with starting from the ground up with a small gym and budget. Maybe 50 years from now it grows to be a factor.
:yeshrug:

Gotcha.... I did the intramural thing too.... he’ll even got to the finals...... which I always heard of your team wins in the school you can go on to play other schools/teams. (We lost the finals so not sure what happened to the winners...... and there’s a story behind why we lost I will tell in a moment):snoop:

But yea the NCAA pretty much is everything

Like I wouldn’t even know how in a simple way to do what your thinking.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin