The Official HBCU Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Nah bruh I mentioned went to and marched for Jackson State..

but that’s funny they do that up there. Maybe that’s why y’all always have a big ass crowd at games lol.

Gotcha:russ:

Yea I wonder how shyt is with the layout of the new campus.

But back then..... man look.... you have a late ass Friday night go to bed like 4/5am. Then like 8 or 9am the band matches through the yard and stops practically in front of your room window and blast music for like 8 minutes straight.

You cant help but feel compelled to get up:mjlol:

Cuz there ain’t no more going back to sleep:russ:

I don’t think I ever missed a game when I was on the yard:wow:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think next season (or whenever she gets better) I’m gonna have to catch a b-ball game in Corbett.

I haven’t seen them play or been to that gym in years

they still play “Hoe Sit Down” when someone from the other team fouls out?

We have decent attendance for our b-ball games but I always loved the atmosphere A&T’s students had during games

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

We have decent attendance for our b-ball games but I always loved the atmosphere A&T’s students had during games

We different at A&T :wow:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

We weren’t that good when I was in school, but we all went for the foul outs. Folks would get back to their seats as soon as they heard someone just picked up their 4th foul. The girls were good, so we’d hit up the end of their games and stay for the boys.

I miss club Corbett

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Crazy how Alcorn and A&T both have the most legendary basketball programs in HBCU but met up in football

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I’m gonna put it like this

I know people that went to Elizabeth City, Shaw, Livingstone, JCS, Fayetteville State and NCCU

the NCCU peeps have the most pride, tied with WSSU, JCS may be the next tier, then under that FS, then under that everyone else.

I know peeps that went to LStn and Shaw that give no fukks about that school, one of my childhood best friends went to LSt (his wife a WSSU Ram) and he has no gear, no memorabilia, don’t even associate with anyone from that school, don’t attend games, homecoming and ain’t even stepped on their campus in years.

But his wife be having mad WSSU stuff in their house and he be going to their homecoming with her :mjlol:

Of course like me he from Winston and went to Reynolds but still:russ:
Fayetteville State :mjlol:

I got quite a few family members that went there on my mama side from Lumberton. There and Pembroke. Pembroke ain’t no HBCU, but the only ones going to that school is nikkas and Indians lol

They’d all be in Greensboro for GHOE

Crazy how Alcorn and A&T both have the most legendary basketball programs in HBCU but met up in football
This is one of the things I’ll miss most about leaving the MEAC. Even with the Celebration bowl just starting up, we created a real rivalry with Alcorn. It was pretty much an annual thing to play y’all in the championship that Saturday morning, then party with y’all in the A after the game. Some fun times.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I always wondered what’s the atmospheres like at those CIAA schools. I know WSSU has pride, but what about Fayetteville State and Bowie & the others?

I always thought those schools were stupid small & had like 1500 students each. I was doing some research yesterday and a lot of them have bigger enrollments than SWAC & MEAC schools. Same for the SIAC.

I wonder how many years he’s bout to do in the feds

I don't know.. good question

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
ayo @Theolodius_Black you ever heard this?

I’ve been listening to it non stop for the past 5 days. These nikkas have completely changed my outlook on style of playing. I was gonna try to have my kids on some mini JSU & Talladega shyt this season if we have it, but I’m reconsidering that now.

@Bryan Danielson i see why folks say the band at NCAT is the best now :wow: been sleeping on them

you teach high school band?

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
ayo @Theolodius_Black you ever heard this?

I’ve been listening to it non stop for the past 5 days. These nikkas have completely changed my outlook on style of playing. I was gonna try to have my kids on some mini JSU & Talladega shyt this season if we have it, but I’m reconsidering that now.

@Bryan Danielson i see why folks say the band at NCAT is the best now :wow: been sleeping on them

Yea they've gotten cold recently. Back when we were graduating high school, they were just loud. People on the 5th quarter used to refer to them as the MEAC SU. When they met up in Vegas:wow:
Classic battle:wow:

But then, they cleaned up the sound, by a whole lot. Now it's just clean, aggressive music:wow:

The drumline is what puts them over the top though based on the simple fact that they've managed to perfectly combine DCI and "showstyle"(i hate that term) in a way other bands simply can't imo. Closest to them is Norfolk. Virginia state and scsu used to have similar drumlines back in the gap, but they fell off unfortunately:mjcry:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
@Old Scott Hall or @Optimus Prime

Do y’all know what they gonna do with the old bookstore/ticket box office now they all that moved to the new student union?

Also when y’all was there, did the icy man still post up in front of there by the brick stoops,
not sure about the bookstore but they building the new dorms behind it in that area so it might be a casualty of the new construction
this is across the street from Harrison Auditorium
https://www.greensboro.com/news/edu...cle_96ebcb17-80be-5ef3-b381-005f8e4e0382.html
5ae0e85688d2b.image.jpg

what did icey man look like, i don't recognize the name but might know him by looks

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
not sure about the bookstore but they building the new dorms behind it in that area so it might be a casualty of the new construction
this is across the street from Harrison Auditorium
https://www.greensboro.com/news/edu...cle_96ebcb17-80be-5ef3-b381-005f8e4e0382.html
5ae0e85688d2b.image.jpg

what did icey man look like, i don't recognize the name but might know him by looks

WOW!!!

Thats crazy

fukk man.... another piece of history they eliminating. :mjcry:

I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’d rather them just used them old neighborhoods. Hell even move the projects behind the fence

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
you teach high school band?

Something like that..

I actually teach special ed, but I’ve been helping out the band at the high school next to the middle school I work at.

he want make me the official assistant this year. I’ll be in my directors suit like Simmons in your avy some games :wow:

The head director went to SU, and I went to Bama State. I want the kids to crank cause we both marched in the SWAC & cause that’s unheard of in Atlanta bands. Everyone here been FAMU and Cookman influenced since the 80s except for a few schools.

he has to reel me back in sometimes cause our kids ain’t ready for that yet :francis:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
WOW!!!

Thats crazy

fukk man.... another piece of history they eliminating. :mjcry:

I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’d rather them just used them old neighborhoods. Hell even move the projects behind the fence
yeah, they slowly and meticulously clearing out that last neighborhood that is still on campus
once they clear out that area A&T will finally control everything inside Market-Dudley-Lindsey-Bessemer corridor with 29 as the border the east
my dad and I walked through there last GHOE actually looking to see where they were going to build the new dorms and most of those houses are already empty or abandoned
would love to know if they gave those tenants a "offer they couldn't refuse" or just didn't renew their leases
the red X below is the last residential and the new dorms are going behind the bookstore

PMBnq34.png