The Official HBCU Thread

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Man if y’all ever post on some of the HBCU sports message boards, MEAC folk used to call SWAC people ghetto and country, and we called the MEAC supporters bougie :lolbron:

Even tho we had our differences I hate what’s happening to the MEAC

you aint lying. even tho i went to a meac school i always like the swac boards better.

don't know what the hell is going on in the meac.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
you aint lying. even tho i went to a meac school i always like the swac boards better.

don't know what the hell is going on in the meac.

MEAC schools always seemed like they didn’t want to be just labeled as a HBCU.

I remember FAMU left the MEAC for a season or two and went to the FBS division, but that didn’t work out.

We always been happy in the SWAC. MEAC used to look down on us because we never sent our conference champion to the FCS playoff cause we knew them cacs wouldn’t give us a fair chance, so we were happy with being labeled SWAC champs or Black College Football Champions.

why send our conference champion to the FCS playoffs when they would have us as the lowest seed, and have us playing in Montana or North Dakota in 15 degree weather with no fans there when we can have our own HBCU title game in Atlanta in front of thousands with the game being broadcasted on ESPN/ABC?

NCAT and Hampton are in for a rude awakening in their new conference. We see Tennessee State hasn’t done a damn thing in their conference, they haven’t been in a HBCU conference since the 80s I believe.

their home games are dead because cacs at schools in their conference don’t want to go on a HBCU conference, and the only time they have big crowds is at the 2 or 3 HBCU classic games they play every year :yeshrug:

I wish Tennessee State and the remaining MEAC schools join the SWAC and we make a HBCU super conference

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
MEAC schools always seemed like they didn’t want to be just labeled as a HBCU.

I remember FAMU left the MEAC for a season or two and went to the FBS division, but that didn’t work out.

We always been happy in the SWAC. MEAC used to look down on us because we never sent our conference champion to the FCS playoff cause we knew them cacs wouldn’t give us a fair chance, so we were happy with being labeled SWAC champs or Black College Football Champions.

why send our conference champion to the FCS playoffs when they would have us as the lowest seed, and have us playing in Montana or North Dakota in 15 degree weather with no fans there when we can have our own HBCU title game in Atlanta in front of thousands with the game being broadcasted on ESPN/ABC?

NCAT and Hampton are in for a rude awakening in their new conference. We see Tennessee State hasn’t done a damn thing in their conference, they haven’t been in a HBCU conference since the 80s I believe.

their home games are dead because cacs at schools in their conference don’t want to go on a HBCU conference, and the only time they have big crowds is at the 2 or 3 HBCU classic games they play every year :yeshrug:

I wish Tennessee State and the remaining MEAC schools join the SWAC and we make a HBCU super conference

i have a long history of arguing on both those boards about chasing the playoffs and a national championship none of us are going to win anytime soon, as opposed to creating a super conference, looking into breaking away from the NCAA, and bringing back the Heritage Bowl. but folks in the MEAC called that the "c00n" bowl. we should've been had a 4 team tournament with the SIAC, CIAA, SWAC and MEAC champs competing for the BCF Championship.

i remember when FAMU left and all their posters were talking big shyt, then they had to come crawling back. it was no different for us at SCSU. once we started having real success again under Coach Pough all of the sudden we were too good for the MEAC. today the situation is alot different. yeah, it'll be real interesting to see what happens with Hampton and A&T in the coming years.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Man if y’all ever post on some of the HBCU sports message boards, MEAC folk used to call SWAC people ghetto and country, and we called the MEAC supporters bougie :lolbron:

My lil bro and I have this conversation often. He went to a PWI, but has always been a SWAC fan; in particular a Jackson State fan.

As a MEAC alum, I can admit the conference def puts on airs and acts bigger than they are. We sold out by leaving the MEAC for that white conference. I understand the cost of traveling argument, but A&T could afford it.

What’s going to happen is Delaware State will go to the NEC, and I could see NCCU and SCSU joining A&T and Hampton in the Big South. Norfolk could make that jump to the Big South as well. The rest will drop down to Div 2.

Only ones in the conference who truly won is FAMU and BCC. They kept it black, and joined a league where the football support is better. They’ll make money in their move.

I still can’t believe we’re going to have potential GHOE games be A&T vs Kennesaw State. Wack ass KSU. Stadium won’t be packed, and while there are a lot of black folks at KSU, it’s not an HBCU. Atmosphere will be wack.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i have a long history of arguing on both those boards about chasing the playoffs and a national championship none of us are going to win anytime soon, as opposed to creating a super conference, looking into breaking away from the NCAA, and bringing back the Heritage Bowl. but folks in the MEAC called that the "c00n" bowl. we should've been had a 4 team tournament with the SIAC, CIAA, SWAC and MEAC champs competing for the BCF Championship.

i remember when FAMU left and all their posters were talking big shyt, then they had to come crawling back. it was no different for us at SCSU. once we started having real success again under Coach Pough all of the sudden we were too good for the MEAC. today the situation is alot different. yeah, it'll be real interesting to see what happens with Hampton and A&T in the coming years.

You’re absolutely right..HBCUS need to stick together. I’ve always advocated for the division 1 HBCUS to travel to the division 2 HBCUS to play games on their campus.

For example Jackson State would travel to Fort Valley, or NCAT would play at Fayetteville State. I know their stadiums are small, but we’d be keeping the money in the family, and the fellowship would be cool.

A lot of those D2 HBCUS are in small ass black country towns, and the economic impact would be huge.

i don’t think D1 HBCUS should be above playing at D2 HBCUS like how white schools think they are too good to travel to schools smaller than them.

My lil bro and I have this conversation often. He went to a PWI, but has always been a SWAC fan; in particular a Jackson State fan.

As a MEAC alum, I can admit the conference def puts on airs and acts bigger than they are. We sold out by leaving the MEAC for that white conference. I understand the cost of traveling argument, but A&T could afford it.

What’s going to happen is Delaware State will go to the NEC, and I could see NCCU and SCSU joining A&T and Hampton in the Big South. Norfolk could make that jump to the Big South as well. The rest will drop down to Div 2.

Only ones in the conference who truly won is FAMU and BCC. They kept it black, and joined a league where the football support is better. They’ll make money in their move.

I still can’t believe we’re going to have potential GHOE games be A&T vs Kennesaw State. Wack ass KSU. Stadium won’t be packed, and while there are a lot of black folks at KSU, it’s not an HBCU. Atmosphere will be wack.

I don’t even know who is in the big south :dead:

Majority of those FCS PWIs don’t have fans or students who care about their own school. They’ll rep the big SEC or ACC school in their state before they rep their own school. When I was thinking about going to school for engineering at Kennesaw, most of the students there planned on staying at KSU for 2 years then transferring to Georgia Tech. I bet if you go to KSU’s campus most of the cacs would have on UGA or GA Tech shirts

At least HBCUS always been proud of our institutions. I hope y’all are able to schedule a HBCU for homecoming every year.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps

truthfully i'd rather SCSU go to the SWAC before the Big South. we could compete in the division with the alabama schools and FAMU and BCC.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
truthfully i'd rather SCSU go to the SWAC before the Big South. we could compete in the division with the alabama schools and FAMU and BCC.
I bet they’ll use the excuse of travel if that doesn’t happen. That’s been the go to for all these schools in their reasoning for leaving.

I hope the MEAC doesn’t disband. All those that left are going to need a conference to run back to when they fall flat on their faces.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

I’m from NC, but ended up moving to Mississippi for a little while. Lived in the Sipp, then came back to NC for school. It’s funny you mention the ghetto and country remark. That crap was rampant at A&T. I grew up in NC, and spent 3 years in MS before coming back; I was all sorts of country and slow to some of them elites at T.

“do do do they still have slavery in Mississippi? Country and dirt roads?” Man, the only time I seen a dirt road was on my family’s property in NC lol

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m from NC, but ended up moving to Mississippi for a little while. Lived in the Sipp, then came back to NC for school. It’s funny you mention the ghetto and country remark. That crap was rampant at A&T. I grew up in NC, and spent 3 years in MS before coming back; I was all sorts of country and slow to some of them elites at T.

“do do do they still have slavery in Mississippi? Country and dirt roads?” Man, the only time I seen a dirt road was on my family’s property in NC lol

thing is we embrace those labels in the SWAC :lolbron:

IDK if you’ve ever been to Alcorn’s campus, but they’re literally in the middle of the woods. You gotta drive on a 2 lane highway, then make a turn and drive about 30 minutes in the woods till you get to their campus.

Mississippi Valley, Grambling, & UAPB country as hell too

they call our bands ghetto and country cause we put emphasis on playing loud, and we’ll crank on nikkas while they’re marching into the stadium as opposed to MEAC bands who just sit there

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL