The Official HBCU Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What's the best HBCU for stem majors? Google says North CArolina A &T. Are there any others which may be slept on?

Top HBCUs for STEM majors

I know AAMU has a good STEM program, Tuskegee as well.

I’m surprised Southern isn’t on that list, I know they offer electrical, mechanical & civil engineering. They’re missing out BIG time by not having chemical engineering with the petroleum industry down there in Louisiana & Texas. That’s the real money maker right now.

Surprised to see my school Bama State on there as well :ehh:. We’re a liberal arts school known for producing teachers. I had no idea the computer science & math departments were doing it big like that. I took a intro to computer science course there one year & knew that shyt wasn’t for me. Our professor was a Chinese dude who barely spoke English...somehow, someone got a teachers copy of all his test with the answers on there & we used to pass that shyt around the class :mjlol:.

We used to look out for each other at ASU I hope all other HBCUS were/are still like that

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not STEM related, but Jackson State has a excellent meteorology program. If I’m not mistaken it’s the only HBCU with that.

Good money there in working for NASA,Weather Channel, NOAA, National Weather Service, private contractors & local news stations

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
https://www.cbs46.com/news/bill-pro...DhVfHReOM97J6wDkKB9P-huU3DJG1iKggSqaPFz9JEBBY

IDK why im just now hearing about this..but its a bill that proposes the merger of Fort Valley, Albany State and Savannah State to create a new GA HBCU called "Georgia A&M".

This is the senator who is proposing it
4p1.jpg

He's from Savannah and went to Paine College..a small HBCU in Augusta, GA

The legacy for three of Georgia's 10 historically black colleges and universities may be on the line.

A Georgia lawmaker is proposing to merge Savannah State, Albany State and Ft. Valley State Universities into one powerhouse HBCU called Georgia A&M University. It would operate separately from the University System of Georgia.

Senator Lester Jackson, who sponsored the bill, argues benefits of the new system, such as providing access to more resources and hopefully encourage better student enrollment.

This proposal has caused community push back throughout the state, some saying the legacies and lessons from each HBCU will be lost. A recent Savannah State Graduate told CBS46's Iyani Hughes she doesn't see it that was at all.

"I believe the merge of the HBCU's is a win for all three Universities. Being a graduate of Savannah State University, I have seen the growth and decline over the years and maybe this merge will help," said graduate Aybriel Beckham.

The original proposal, Senate Bill 273, was withdrawn earlier this year, then Senate Bill 278, and now the merger falls under Senate Bill 270.

While this version of the controversial bill did not make it through the 2019 session, it is expected to be reintroduced in January 2020.

If you are an HBCU student or alum, we want to hear from you. Is Georgia A&M University an overall benefit for the HBCU community or is it a loss?

Basically he wants to combine them, and leave the University of System of Georgia. I gotta see where the money is going to come from with this merger.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
From sports to academics, all things HBCU in this thread. Felt that as thecoli is a pro black website, why don't we get an hbcu thread up and running? Share your stories from your days at school, or if you're attending one currently. Tips will be greatly appreciated, hell, we may even hook our brehs up with internships and job opportunities :lolbron: :blessed:

Why am I just finding out about this thread

I ain't going to southern

:usure: How dreadful

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Not STEM related, but Jackson State has a excellent meteorology program. If I’m not mistaken it’s the only HBCU with that.

Good money there in working for NASA,Weather Channel, NOAA, National Weather Service, private contractors & local news stations

You attend Jackson state?